True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  4:06:44 PM  Show Profile
...when I think of my Farmgirl Sisterhood <3

Seriously, I feel so honored every day when I learn something new and when I am reminded through others' posts of what a Farmgirl really looks like.
Whether she's tilling up dirt on 20 acres or tending a potted plant atop a 20 story sky rise in the city. Whether she was raised in an apartment by a single mom on macaroni and hot dogs (me...hehehe) or on a farm learning from many generations passed how to grow her own food organically. Whether she is 90 or 9, she belongs here if she has a heart of gold like my Farmgirl Sisters. If she is loving and kind, generous, patient and trustworthy. If she is faithful and true and seeks to learn from others no matter how much she already knows. If she has a desire to live simply, so that the rest of the world may simply live. If she has the spirit of adventure inside even when she's stuck at home washing dirty faces and clothes or with long-term illness or at a job working to support her family. The name "Farmgirl" is definitely a state of the heart.

I have been so blessed in my very few months here by so many beautiful women who have spoken into my life a word of encouragement or taught me something about gardening, or sent me a simple card to say hello or a bag of tea to soothe my soul after a long day of mothering. Just this week alone, I have received TWO unexpected packages in the mail from the dearest Farmgirls and my heart is just bursting right now. My husband is just astounded at the kindness of the "strangers" whom I call "sisters" and the effect that it has had on me. I have become a more grateful, generous and thoughtful person myself, just by surrounding myself with you all.

I just want to say thank you...from the bottom of my heart. For everything each one of you gives here. You've lifted my spirits and have challenged me to be a better wife, mother, friend, gardener, steward of the Earth, and community member (in essence, a Farmgirl Sister )

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  6:03:37 PM  Show Profile
Siobhan-
You really said that perfectly...and I just want to say you read my mind and heart. SO much has been crazy in my life lately, and I havent had the time to really "get into" the sisterhood as much as I eventually want to,but I too have "met" so many warm,friendly people, it touches my heart! It really just gives you a whole new "fresh" perspective on life. Sounds silly, but its just so true!
SO to all my fellow farmgirl sisters I thank you all- for simple posts, which are enjoyable to read, to participating in swaps and barters. Its a pleasure and an honor to keep company with Y'all
Smiles and warm regards,
Laurie
Farmgirl Sister #1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  8:15:17 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Siobhan! You said that so well! One day I pray and hope that I will be just like the farmgirls you talk about. :)
Hugs!!
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  8:41:18 PM  Show Profile
It is so very obvious that you speak from the bottom of your heart and soul, I too have found so many great people here and have made some lifetime friends. I have gotten some great advice and given when I can, this is truely a wonderful family of women here, and I thank God I found you.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 16 2010 :  12:01:18 AM  Show Profile
I agree wholeheartedly! I have found such love and acceptence here that it has become my second home. I have had so many people reach out with a helping hand and I have tried to respond in kind to others. I can thank my farmgirl sisters for my overflowing garden and my overflowing heart. I am living a little easier and a lot happier life thanks to these beautiful angels.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - May 16 2010 :  08:32:50 AM  Show Profile
Channah, You're off to a good start!!
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.artfire.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - May 16 2010 :  08:53:13 AM  Show Profile
To Siobhan and all my farmgirl friends...You hit the nail on the head! I am so fortunate to know all you kind hearted ladies. It gives me hope for the future. Farmgirls should rule the world!

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 16 2010 :  11:10:58 AM  Show Profile
Siobhan:
I think I could have written every one of your words on this thread. Thank you for all those beautiful words. You are a prime example of the kind hearted, wonderful farmgirls we all so gratefully get to share our hearts with.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  05:12:24 AM  Show Profile
Siobhan,
Your words are beautifully written, and speak to and from the heart. I feel the same way. The sisterhood is so precious to me. In these stressful times, it has become a rock to lean on. I get so much happiness from here! Thanks for sharing.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

N@n
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Hackett Arkansas
USA
223 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  05:20:30 AM  Show Profile
God Bless you Siobhan. Hope to meet you and all the Michigan farmgirl sisters soon. My dh and I are soon headed for our cabin for the summer. See you soon.
N@n

keep searchin'-it's out there somewhere.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I swell with pride... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page