HorseLady
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Rose
Irwin PA
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  6:52:19 PM  Show Profile
I wondered if anyone out there who enjoys journaling or writing would like to participate in a journal round robin? I've never done one but thought it might be fun to do this. I thought of starting a journal, where each person would keep it for 7-10 days, and write a little each day about whatever farmgirl stuff she is doing, no matter where you actually live. Then you send it on to the next person.

Hug a horse or a dog today!

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  7:48:39 PM  Show Profile
Oh Rose, this sounds so very interesting. I would love to participate in this. I have been journaling for years now. So count me in.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  05:05:01 AM  Show Profile
This sounds wonderful. It would be great if we could work it out so that we all get to keep a copy of the journal for ourselves.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  07:57:37 AM  Show Profile
Count me in. I have been wanting to do this for a long time
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.artfire.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  08:21:15 AM  Show Profile
I love writing letters, and I think this would be right up my alley, count me in.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  08:32:35 AM  Show Profile
This would be such fun, would like to be a part of this.

Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  09:09:33 AM  Show Profile
I would love to be a part of this, count me in. It would be wonderful to later make copies for everyone.

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  09:46:58 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I would like to be a part of this also. Sounds fun!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." Herman Cain
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  10:22:14 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I think we should all start a journal... pass it on to the next one... an eventually we would get our own journal back. That way we wouldn't have to make copies. We would all have an original of our own.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." Herman Cain
Go to Top of Page

HorseLady
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Rose
Irwin PA
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  11:28:32 AM  Show Profile
How do I get everyone's address? I thought they were listed on here somewhere but I'm only seeing the city and state.

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  12:09:29 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
We can all email you our address and then you send out this list and we send to the person whose name is after ours. The list can stay with the book... taped to the inside cover.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Edited by - ClaireSky on May 08 2010 12:10:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

HorseLady
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Rose
Irwin PA
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  4:34:07 PM  Show Profile
Okay, please start emailing me your names and addresses and I will get a nice book and we'll get started soon!!!
If anyone is good at art, you could maybe put a little drawing in, or a pressed flower, or whatever you want along with your words. I think this will really be good!!! Can't wait to get started.

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  5:21:20 PM  Show Profile
Mine will be mostly doodles and art! Sending my info!

farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  5:32:42 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Will we be starting on our own journal first or are we just using the one journal that you have?

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Go to Top of Page

HorseLady
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Rose
Irwin PA
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  6:52:04 PM  Show Profile
I thought maybe we'd just try one journal going around. I think it might be too much to have a bunch of them going at the same time. Maybe we could try that in the future. I can try to figure out a way to copy it eventually for everyone. Always open for suggestions, though.

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  7:28:15 PM  Show Profile
I suggest that you use a three ring binder with pages instead of a journal. That way we can have a printer make copies easily and bind them when we are done. I think one journal is a good idea also...you should post a list of farmgirls that are journaling and make an order. The journal should start with you Rose, and then you can draw out names for the order of the next recipient and so on. Can't wait to get the journal! This will be fun. Actually, a lot more fun if you are at the end of the order, you can read everyones entries.

farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  7:28:20 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Just a thought... if say 20 ladies sign up and we take a week to write in the journal plus the time it takes to send it to the next person....we would be waiting quite a while to receive the journal.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  7:31:19 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
You're right Diane... if you are at the beginning of the list... you might only read a few of the entries... I vote for each starting a journal.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Edited by - ClaireSky on May 08 2010 7:32:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

HorseLady
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Rose
Irwin PA
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  8:07:47 PM  Show Profile
I like the idea of the 3 ring binder but wouldn't that be difficult to mail? Plus it might require alot of postage. Maybe I can work with that idea somehow. I don't want to be sending pages that aren't attached to anything either 'cause that would be too easy to misplace.

Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  4:04:09 PM  Show Profile
After the journal has made it around once, it could go around again so everyone could read all of the entries
Michele

Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  4:06:10 PM  Show Profile
I vote for the Just one journal idea
Michele

Go to Top of Page

HorseLady
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Rose
Irwin PA
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  4:29:22 PM  Show Profile
I had planned to send it around more than once, but I think we would have to limit to 10 farmgirls so that we could get it back in a reasonable amount of time. So far there are 5, including me.

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  6:42:11 PM  Show Profile
I like the idea of sending it around again. If we had 10 in a group that wouldn't take but 2 1/2 months but you have to consider time to mail it. And then it should be sent in order of states. That way it might not take so long to get to each person and speed up the time if we keep it at one week each. Then around again. That's my 2 cents.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

HorseLady
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Rose
Irwin PA
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  11:57:27 AM  Show Profile
Okay, everyone. I started the journal today. I will journal thru the weekend and mail it out next Monday, so if you are still interested, please make sure I get your info by this weekend. Hope you all enjoy!

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  11:59:24 AM  Show Profile
Rose, I just emailed you my address.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  1:42:46 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Well poo, I guess I missed this round. If ya'll decide to do another round I'd like to join in.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Reading Room: Previous Topic Round Robin Journal Anyone? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page