Page: of 2

raglady
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Becky
Saint Maries ID
44 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  12:03:29 PM  Show Profile
Sure - that would be great - my soap will be ready when you guys are ready to ship - just let me know how many bars and where to send. Yes, I am the same Becky who wants the SCOBY!
Go to Top of Page

urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  12:44:58 PM  Show Profile
OK, we have four farmgirls now!! I am thinking that with four, we should go back to the original shipping idea for the least cost to all. Usual swap process: everyone ship everything to me, and I will distribute the soaps and send the correct assortment back to all. We decided on three bars for each gal since we have such a small group, so that would be a total of 9 bars you send and you will get 9 different ones back. Ship date is June 24 and fast approaching! I'll email you all later with my addie but if anyone is ahead of me and needs the info sooner, feel free to email and I'll give it to you. I just figure it's more likely to get lost if I send now....at least that's the way MY life has been lately LOL!!

Catherine
Farmgirl #1370
City Girl By Birth,
Suburbanite By Location,
Farmgirl at Heart
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2010 :  3:56:22 PM  Show Profile
Sounds great Catherine.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  9:16:42 PM  Show Profile
Goodness but life has been busy lately! I realized today that it is the 22 already....how did that happen? I am going to email you all here shortly with my addie. Remember, the 24th is the mail date!

Catherine
Farmgirl #1370
City Girl By Birth,
Suburbanite By Location,
Farmgirl at Heart
Go to Top of Page

urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2010 :  09:48:40 AM  Show Profile
Mmmm...my living room smells sooooo good right now!! Becky I received your package this morning and I love everything you made! Your packaging is real darn cute, too. I love seeing what folks do with labeling, there's just so many ways to go.

Victoria wasn't able to send till today I think it was, so it will be either late this week or next week I will be sending your goodies to you but they are coming! We may be a small swap but gosh I think we are one of the more fun ones LOL.

Catherine
Farmgirl #1370
City Girl By Birth,
Suburbanite By Location,
Farmgirl at Heart
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2010 :  1:14:47 PM  Show Profile
Catherine I sent you an email the soap package is on it's way to you. Sorry about the delay. I just wish I could find a post office willing to work around my schedule instead of me having to work around theirs.LOL.

Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2010 :  7:14:24 PM  Show Profile
Boo, I wish I had seen this before, I just finished a big batch of knot garden soap, rosemary, mint and orange peel. (its so fresh for summer!)

Oh c'mon girls, post some pics!
Oh Mr Darcy!

www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
www.whimsyscents.com

Edited by - Sarahpauline on Jun 28 2010 8:03:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2010 :  8:15:58 PM  Show Profile
That sounds like a nice combo, Sarah! I will definitely post pics once all is received...don't want to jump the gun on surprises :)

I hear you on the post office schedule, Victoria! I work retail and me and the post office just don't see eye to eye LOL. Looking forward to getting your soapies!

Catherine
Farmgirl #1370
City Girl By Birth,
Suburbanite By Location,
Farmgirl at Heart
Go to Top of Page

urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  1:57:31 PM  Show Profile
Victoria, I received your soapies today. Lovely, lovely! I cannot get to the post office today but I will send out both return packages either tomorrow before work or Monday morning. It all depends on how early I can wake up tomorrow - this week has been nuts!

Catherine
Farmgirl #1370
City Girl By Birth,
Suburbanite By Location,
Farmgirl at Heart
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2010 :  03:43:32 AM  Show Profile
Sounds great Catherine. Thanks for hosting this swap. I look forward to trying new soaps. Let me know if I did not include enough postage. You're the lucky one if only this week has been nuts. Seems like lately every week has been nuts around here.

Go to Top of Page

mayamade
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

maya
minneapolis minnesota
30 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2010 :  09:34:33 AM  Show Profile
ohh i am waiting to see those pics. i am a soap crafter too.
Go to Top of Page

urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2010 :  10:52:24 AM  Show Profile
OK, so luckily before I went out in the heat yesterday I found out the post office was closed....no need to melt over nothing! The packages went out today, so look for them in the mail by week's end. I hope you both enjoy your new soapies as much as I have! This was a lot of fun. I'll post some pics after you both get your packages :)

Catherine
Farmgirl #1370
City Girl By Birth,
Suburbanite By Location,
Farmgirl at Heart
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2010 :  7:20:58 PM  Show Profile
I'm looking forward to getting the package. Thank you Catherine for organizing this swap. Did I include enough return postage? Please let me know if I need to send you any additional moneys.

Go to Top of Page

urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2010 :  9:35:00 PM  Show Profile
No worries Victoria, postage is all good :)

Catherine
Farmgirl #1370
City Girl By Birth,
Suburbanite By Location,
Farmgirl at Heart
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  7:35:54 PM  Show Profile
I'll let you know as soon as I get the package.

Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  06:00:54 AM  Show Profile
Catherine I recieved the package. WOW! They are all beautiful. I feel so bad that I only make one kind of soap. I have thought about making other kinds but castile is the one everyone asks for so I pretty much stick to it. I hope you ladies are not disappointed that you only recieved one kind from me. Thank you Catherine and Becky.

Go to Top of Page

urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  10:46:59 PM  Show Profile
Good, both packages arrived safe and sound. Whenever it's something handmade or handcrafted,
I always worry. Can't put a price on the love that goes into these things! I will post pics Th when I have more than a few minutes to spare.
Victoria, I wasn't at all disappointed! I love true Castille - it's a pet peeve of mine that so many have taken to erroneously calling vegetable oil based soaps Castille - and I am amazed at how hard yours is. I was very happy to get both yours and Becky's soaps. I live alone but you would think a dozen folk live here by how many soapies are in my bathroom LOL!!

Catherine
Farmgirl #1370
City Girl By Birth,
Suburbanite By Location,
Farmgirl at Heart
Go to Top of Page

urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  6:55:01 PM  Show Profile
OK, as promised here are pics of the soaps we all made for our swap. Be kind - I am not the best at indoor still photography!! It is a dream on mine to take a class in that one day, but whatever LOL. First a pic with labels, then without:

Here's the description I put on Flickr: We have lower left going clockwise: pumpkin yogurt castille, princess potion #9, summer spa salt bar, sweet southern magnolia, grandma's rose, peppermint tea tree, pure castille, and in the center is oatmeal milk & honey.

I also realized while typing in the descriptions that I forgot to tell you gals about the salt bars. They are a whole different beast from regular soaps and if you haven't encountered them before, they take a slightly different approach. They really work best used with a bath pouf or rough washcloth, the extra friction is sometimes needed to work up the lather. The lather isn't bubbly at all, but rather like a lotiony lather, if that makes sense. But the effect is worth it many think, it can leave your skin feeling real smooth. I love them and hope you do too!

Catherine
Farmgirl #1370
City Girl By Birth,
Suburbanite By Location,
Farmgirl at Heart

Edited by - urban chickie on Jul 16 2010 6:55:39 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Handcrafted Soap Swap Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: