Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Skillpath Seminars Next Topic  

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  07:36:15 AM  Show Profile
Just a heads up for you entreprenueruial types. I would steer clear of this outfit and not waste precious money on their seminars. I had a business but closed it down over 5 years ago, never had any dealings with this outfit. I have recently moved to another state and all of a sudden I'm inundated with brochures on classes offered by this outfit and somehow they have my name and old business but with the new address.

I called them today to ask to be removed from their mailing list. I only saved their phone number and threw the rest away. They are such competent people (tongue in cheek) that they said they can't remove me from their mailing list unless I give them the "customer code" from the address label! Can't find my name (either personal or business name) in their system (wow! what a shock since I've never taken a class from them) and therefore have no way of being able to remove me. And these are people who are offering to educate you? Give me a break!

So, now I have to wait until I receive more junk mail from them, bring it to work and take yet more time out of my day to get removed from a mailing list I never signed up for, for a busisness that I closed years ago! I promised the customer service manager that I would spread the "news" about the stellar customer service they offered.

So thanks for letting me vent! Have any of you ever had problems getting removed from mailing lists?

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  09:15:37 AM  Show Profile
If you really want to have some fun getting off their list do what I have done. Since They always send you a return envelope,( hoping to sell you whatever)and since it is usually a postage paid envelope, I simply put all their stuff they sent me inside the return envelope with a note stapled to it all requesting to be removed. It costs them the money, time and manpower to deal with all the replies so, believe me, your off the list very quickly!!

Joanna #566
JojoNH
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryCents
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/Eastwooddesigns
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  09:46:57 AM  Show Profile
I'm liking your thinking Joanna! It's unfortunate that the only way to get some companies to take action is when it affects their bottom line. Customer Service and wanting a good reputation are a thing of the past I'm afraid!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Skillpath Seminars Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page