Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Herbal Wisdom
 Herbal medication for Heel Spurs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Herbal medication for Heel Spurs Next Topic  

lovingewe
True Blue Farmgirl

212 Posts

marlyn-neleh
norwood Ontario
Canada
212 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  07:02:54 AM  Show Profile
I have had heel spurs all winter long.
I am told it can be due to stress, which I have had all winter.
The pain is not as bad but there are days it is so bad walking is a chore.

Is there any ointments or herbal treatment for this?

Marlyn

http://sweetlocuslane.blogspot.com

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3318 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3318 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  07:17:46 AM  Show Profile
Topically...I don't think there is anything out there that would take care of a heel spur as it is a bony growth inside your heel. I have read where soaking your foot can alleviate some pain. I used to have plantar faciitis from extending my foot on my transcription pedal and ended up getting steroid shots--not fun.

I was thinking maybe a preparation with peppermint essential oil would have a cooling effect. You've got me thinking about it. I am low on my salve that I sell at my soap shows and planned on making more. I think I will try some with peppermint and tea tree. I will let you know how it turns out. Meantime, I think a good foot soak might help.

"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com
www.andsewitgoes.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  1:02:10 PM  Show Profile
I would be interested in your results, also.

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  6:51:11 PM  Show Profile
I had a heel spurs several year ago. But considering that it is a boney growth on your heel I guess I still have it. I tried everything except surgery. Soaking, creams, essential oils, meds, ultra-sound therapy some sort of electric stimulation therapy, specially designed and fitted to my foot shoe inserts. Nothing worked. I lived over seas at the time and was on my feet alot as walking was the usual mode of transportation where I lived. I finally ended up getting a cortisone shot in my in my foot. They told me at the time that I would probably need another one in 3 years but it has now been 18 and I am still good to go. The problem is that the boney growth grows there and it is not a problem until something happens and the tissue around the growth becomes inflamed. Once that happens there is almost no way to stop the inflammation because the boney growth is always digging into it. I wish I could tell you that something else worked but it didn't. At least I didn't end up having surgery which was going to be the next step.
My horse has a similar problem in that he has deformed bones on his cannon bone that butts up against his ankle bone. The cannon bone has two points on it that dig into the tissue beside his ankle bone. He gets cortisone shots every three months or he can barely walk. We tried even magnetic therapy on his ankles before we went to the cortisone shots.
Good luck with your heel spur and if you find something else that works I would love to find out.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  7:26:56 PM  Show Profile
Heel spurs occur when you are walking too heavy on your heels. Builds a boney callus up. Magnesuim helps break down calcium, chiropractors can adjust the hips to change the way you walk too heavy on the heels, and orthodics/arch supports can help the situation as well.

Farmgirl Sister #758
www.windsongwellnessandtherapyshoppe.com
http://sadiesfarm.blogspot.com/
http://healthtalkcafe.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KathyC
True Blue Farmgirl

583 Posts

Kathy
Gastonia NC
USA
583 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  11:11:19 AM  Show Profile
I had heel spurs and plantar faciitis after an auto accident. It was worse in one foot that the other. I had to wear a brace on the worst foot at night and did exercises several times a day to keep them stretched. Doctor recommended injections but I didn't want to do that. I tried several different inserts in my shoes and got no relief. I ordered a pair of these http://www.heelseats.com/heelseats.php and it was amazing. I could move them easily into whatever shoes or boots I was wearing that day. I wore them for a few months and my heels have been pain free for a couple of years. Hope you feel better.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Herbal medication for Heel Spurs Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page