Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I'm a mom with a cold - is there anything worse?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm a mom with a cold - is there anything worse? Next Topic  

dreamingofafarm
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Tina
Bangor Pennsylvania
157 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  1:12:23 PM  Show Profile
Today I have been muddling through a horrible cold. Nasty dry cough, sneezing up a storm, sore throat, and just plain old rung out. However, there were kids to get off to school, the dog to walk, laundry that had to get done, office work I had to do, pick up the kids from school, walk the dog again, check homework, pack lunches - it just keeps going! I'm trying to muster up the energy to get started on dinner in the next hour or so. There really is nothing worse than being a mom with a cold! Any cold home remedies out there anyone can suggest?
Tina

Farmgirl Sisterhood #1355
"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones afterall." - Laura Ingalls Wilder

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  1:28:57 PM  Show Profile
I drink lots of 'cold remedy' teas with honey in them. There are several brands at the grocery store to choose from. Mejeirs(spelling?) has a brand in their pharmacy section that is really good. Bee pollen helps tremendously if it is true and from a local bee farmer. I take 3 heaping tbsp straight and chase it with a whole mouthful of raw honey, then sip at hot tea. The good news with this treatment... You can take it as often as needed cause it's completely natural. The only drawback is too much bee pollen and it 'energizes' you to the point it's difficult to sleep. I stop taking the bee pollen at 6:00pm.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  1:59:28 PM  Show Profile
Hmmmm, getting someone to watch the kiddos a while and soak in a hot bath? Lol. Trust me, been there, done that! :0) Hope you feel better very soon.

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  2:00:34 PM  Show Profile
Sorry you feel bad...I'm sending you some sunshine from GA. The vit C should make you feel better. I remember once my DH and I both had a stomach virus we "flipped" a coin to see who was going to drive the boys to school. He went in the morning and I picked them up after school. Tea, honey, vit c, and Zinc works well for me. Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  2:57:55 PM  Show Profile
Tina, I hope you feel better soon. It's no fun to have to still be a mom and wife when ya don't feel good.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  3:18:04 PM  Show Profile
I hope you feel better soon. I know what your going through and it's no fun at all.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  6:04:19 PM  Show Profile
Feel better soon! We wives and moms just don't have time to get sick! Hugs to you!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

dreamingofafarm
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Tina
Bangor Pennsylvania
157 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  7:12:35 PM  Show Profile
So I just tucked the whole house in - both husband and kids - and I am too stuffy to sleep comfortably and thought I'd check in on the Farmgirl Connection. How wonderful to see all of your wishes that I feel better :-) You ladies have made my night! Thank you so much.
-Tina

Farmgirl Sisterhood #1355
"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones afterall." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3322 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3322 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  7:58:16 PM  Show Profile
Tina....You will just have to put housework-laundry-etc. on hold---hard to do for sure but your health should be priority. When I used to get sick when the kids were very small, I would bring a mattress downstairs to the living room-the center of the house- and everyone, everyone would pile on that mattress with me for naps in the afternoon and bedtime at night. Kinda like camping! Pop in some movies-make soup for supper and settle in....

Take care and get some sleep!

"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com
www.andsewitgoes.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  8:15:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Sweetie! There is NOTHING worse! My heart goes out to you!! I hope you feel better soon!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm a mom with a cold - is there anything worse? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page