graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  10:26:07 AM  Show Profile
Okay, I'm planning ahead here but I would like some input because I hate to shop and the less time I have to spend thinking about this the better.
I have 3 weddings to attend in three weeks, beginning August 21, then September 4, and September 11.
One is for my oldest step-son, one is for one of my employees, one is my uncle (first major relationship - he is 53, I'm so happy for him)
I will wear vintage, I have a nice suit which will work if the weather is cool for any of those, not likely.
I also have a really pretty ivory/butter yellow dress with a matching long coat - probably 50's or 60's.
So, is that color too close to a bridal dress?
Do I need to wear something different to both the family weddings? I know I will need to be in pictures in both of those, if I need to buy something I need to start "shopping" now.
Thanks y'all,
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  10:29:41 AM  Show Profile
For the two family weddings, I would wear something different, but I don't think the butter yellow dress and coat would be too similar to the bridal dress color. If it's not the Hampton's, I think you can get away with it :)

Is the dress something you could put another jacket or wrap with, that way you can change up your shoes, accessories and coat, but not have to buy a whole new dress?

If that's the case, then darn it, I'd wear the dress and make three different outfits out of it!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  10:36:37 AM  Show Profile
Hey, that is a really good idea, different accessories, same dress. No, definitely not the Hamptons. The one for my employee is the only super-fancy one, at the big downtown cathedral. My step-son's will be at the church where my mom is pastor, then an outdoor, backyard reception - I do need to dress up though, since I am the mom of the groom.
Then my uncle's will be at the church camp where my dad is the managing director - 270 acres of woods on Lake Coeur d'Alene, it will be in an outdoor dance pavilion. I could go a little more casual here but I know it is tuxes for the groom and groomsmen so I probably won't.
Thanks for the idea Jonni!! I started stressing about shopping and couldn't even think straight
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  10:44:40 AM  Show Profile
Believe me, shopping for wedding attire is a stressor for me...and then, once I worry myself sick and get everything "just right", at the wedding, I look around me and think, "I don't know what I was worried about!!!???"

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  3:29:42 PM  Show Profile
I feel for you. I have a wedding to attend on Friday. I will not be able to look for a new outfit until wednesday. I am hoping one of the few dresses I own will fit and that I can find shoes to match. In 58 days I will have to wear a dress that is strapless and long. My soon to be DIL picked it out, I am hoping it fits I had to order it. I hate getting dressed up. I never liked it and I know I never will. Good luck, just smile I'm sure you will look great.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  5:36:08 PM  Show Profile
when our 2 sons got married i wore butter yellow. very light in color though. it worked. i think it is a good idea about accessories.i do hope you have fun. i used to organize weddings and food. i love the joy that is in the air.time for happy dats sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Wedding attire etiquette Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page