clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  05:30:35 AM  Show Profile
OK...so now that I got my sweet, beautiful camper, I need some painting tips. The inside doesn't really need to be touched, but the outside has definitely been sun bleached and needs some fresh paint. I want to keep the vintage "Robin's Egg Blue" color, but sadly, hubby is not too fond of it. Help me convince him that once it's freshened up, the color will be amazing!
Also, does anyone have any tips for painting? What kind of paint should I use and what's the best way to apply it to get a pretty, shiny, professional look? My father-in-law said something about rubbing it down with acetone first? I have no clue about where to start, but I know many of you farmgirls have done this, so give me some tips, please :)

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  6:42:40 PM  Show Profile
hey Siobahan.
on my Scotty, the origonal 'blue' looked pretty much dull but hubby & I used rubbing compound & buffed the shine right back up! It will need new paint some day...but for now I am focusing on the inside.
Therte seems to be a wide range of different opions on painting from using a sparyer and waterbased latex paint to using auto/marine paint to slapping gloss paint on w/a brush...and if the budget will allow just taking it down to a auto paint shop & getting it done...I opt for the last option and that is why it will be that last thing I do to both trailers. Kaching! lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Time for my Dirt Manicure!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  7:23:38 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Grace! I wish I could afford to take it to the auto paint shop. I have a feeling that would be super expensive though, huh? Anyone had it done that would like to give me a ballpark figure on what it generally costs?

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic Vintage camper painting? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page