Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Home Sweet Home Farmhouse Book
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Home Sweet Home Farmhouse Book Next Topic  

EleanorRose
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Eleanor
Manchester NH
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  10:16:08 PM  Show Profile
I am longing so badly for a home of my own and I know that time won't be near for quite awhile.

Rather than live it in my head, I am going to create a book of my dream farm. I am going to put together a Home Sweet Home Farmhouse Book with pictures of homes and gardens, with scrap fabric that I love, peices of memorabilia, photos of family, drawings and doodles of my dream farm, bits of herbs and flowers, feathers, quotes and sayings.

It's going to be a long labor of love and a work in progress, but I will take pictures if anyone is interested in seeing my house in book form.

Has anyone ever done anything similar?

Earth-loving, Rock-star Mama.

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  10:36:08 PM  Show Profile
Fantastic idea Eleanor! I have been married 48 years and still would like that book. Dreaming is sometimes more fun than getting everything at once. It makes us appreciate what we do get. I'll make one to see what kind of farmhouse I would have. I love the farmhouses of the 20's and 30's with lots of big windows and thick sills. with a screen porch (we live in mosquitoland Minnesota). I would have a back porch and mud room where the boots and slickers go........well, I get the picture. Thanks for the idea!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  04:32:47 AM  Show Profile
Eleanor, That is such an awesome idea!! WaHOOO!! I would love to see your book as you go along. If you would not mind, I would like to use your idea for my "perfect store". I have been dreaming of my very own store. . . know exactly how it should look. . like an old trading post! Oil lamps for light, wood stove for heat, tie purchases up with brown paper and twine. . . oh, now I cannot wait to start my book too!

Girl, I am so glad to have you as a "Sister Farmgirl"!! Keep me posted on your book!

Joanna #566
JojoNH
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryCents
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/Eastwooddesigns
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  04:54:44 AM  Show Profile
Great idea, Eleanor. I would love to see it too. I sort of did that and I have it all in a folder. It did not turn out like what's in the folder though. Much different but just as good.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  05:31:54 AM  Show Profile
Eleanor, that's going to be fantastic! Make sure you take pics for us to see your progress as you go!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  08:14:26 AM  Show Profile
That's a wonderful idea. I have my little country home, but I'm inspired to make my own book with ideas for making it into exactly what I want. I'm excited to see what you come up with. Thanks for the inspiration.

visit my blog at http://lifeatspiritfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  08:15:25 AM  Show Profile
What a neat idea Eleanor, I would love to see pictures!!

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  08:17:17 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE this idea Eleanor! I have only saved clippings of styles and ideas but have not done anything with them (even after reading the idea book post) I really need to get something like this done. Thanks for the inspiration and I would love to see photos :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lovingewe
True Blue Farmgirl

212 Posts

marlyn-neleh
norwood Ontario
Canada
212 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  08:49:39 AM  Show Profile
I like that idea as well. over the years I clip things out and put it in my journals, but then they get tucked away and years later i look at them and say Oh yea I was going to make this or do this. Your idea is much better.

http://sweetlocuslane.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

EleanorRose
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Eleanor
Manchester NH
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  08:51:19 AM  Show Profile
Awesome ladies!! We will have to continue to share our progress in photos and in conversation. I'm so happy that I have inspired you to start creating from your own dreams. I think it will be a lovely way to begin to facilitate the birth of our hearts desires!

Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  10:20:52 AM  Show Profile
Eleanor, it is a great idea. In fact, I do that every time we plan on building a house. My Hubby loved to build houses. He has built us 4 houses and our son a house. He would love for me to agree to sell this one and build another one even now. i had to put my foot down. This little farm is what I always wanted. When we got ready to build this house, I took out magazine subscriptions to several country mags. I would rip out pictures of kitchens and baths etc..
If you dream it, it will come!!

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

EleanorRose
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Eleanor
Manchester NH
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  4:29:26 PM  Show Profile
I bought my book today and some mags, although, I think I will see if I can collect some used ones, they are expensive. Maybe on the Farmgirl Barter and Trade section!

The book itself is all natural and handmade using raw material from the lokta plant in Nepal, it's fairly traded and the proceeds go to support a women's cooperative there.

I bought Flea Market Style magazine and Country Homes and Interiors.

I am going to work on some of the book over the weekend and see what I come up with, ideas are already flourishing!

Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  06:27:31 AM  Show Profile
very cool idea -good way to keep busy while you wait for your dream home. go to your local library for older mags- sometimes they are getting rid of them and they will give them to you. good luck!!!!

whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  09:12:02 AM  Show Profile
... I have been doing a scrap book type for my "next" home. I tear out pages from my magazine and paste them into the scrap book... I have English cottage garden ideas, that farmhouse kitchen that I love in that fresh celery green with creamy yellow colors... also some drawings (my own) of my "secret garden" .. part of it will be in Japanese style with natural plants... It is my favorite book to let my creative brain go nuts!.
Eleanor... I would love to see your book as you progress!

Sometimes, thrift stores have magazines at a lower cost. Also.. Sometimes I find things online and print it for the book! Color pencils are fun to have too!
:o)

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mndreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Vicky
Popple Creek MN
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  3:52:04 PM  Show Profile
I started my DreamBook about 20 years ago. I am finally turning all of those pages into reality... slow but sure. The best thing is to see it in your mind and then years later find it on a magazine page.
Took me a long time but it has been worth it! Good luck with your book!!!

~Vicky~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God. ~~Ronald Reagan

Go to Top of Page

nin1952
True Blue Farmgirl

269 Posts

Donna
Cedartown GA
USA
269 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  12:42:56 PM  Show Profile
Eleanor Rose
I started in 1976 with an idea in my head of the house I wanted and waited and waited and, well you know, until my husband finally said, "Hon, let's build our own house." I had started collecting pictures, paint chips and fabrics I liked. I didn't use all my ideas but I was very happy with what I had when it was finished. Alas, we sold that house and the next and now I am in a smaller house (with a lot of stuff). I am downsizing because we are empty nesters and don't need as much room. But, I did a notebook for each of those houses.
Good luck
Donna

LIVE simply, LOVE generously, CARE deeply, SPEAK kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Edited by - nin1952 on Apr 30 2010 12:45:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  1:23:32 PM  Show Profile
Hey Rock Star-Mama...I love your idea of the Farm House Book. YOU GO GIRL! We would all love to share your progress with you. How fun is that! I do similar things with my Journaling. I am the Queen of Journaling!
I have Journals for everything I love. One of my favorites is my JOY Journal. For a period of time after I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue...I lost my Joy in every day simple pleasures of LIFE. Mostly because my World had just been turned up-side down and in-side out by my complete disability. After two years of depression and the longest pity-party in history...I started looking for little things to bring JOY back into my day. Maybe a cute greeting card, maybe a joke, maybe quotes on Joy & Happiness, maybe emails or greetings cards from friends and family meant to encourage me. It is one of my favorite journals and I still add to it to this day. So, all that said, Just to say to you...put it down on paper and make your dreams at least a visual reality. It is good for the soul and heart. Blessings, ~peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

simplefancies
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Tami Lynn
Longview WA
USA
117 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  12:24:53 PM  Show Profile
I have a folder that I've been using for years to compile my someday plot of land dreams. I would love to start putting it more in "book" form. Go for it!

www.theporcelaindesk.blogspot.com
1 Tim. 6:8 But if we have food and shelter, we will be satisfied with that.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Home Sweet Home Farmhouse Book Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page