sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  08:24:51 AM  Show Profile
well girls he leaves tues. for work in klamath falls. now we see how big a job. it is union, so that will help with the cobra ins. it will help us save dollars. i think we still are going to relocate. local if we can. i spoke with teresa. she was off grid once. when we used to take my mom to mexico every year we lived off the grid in a motorhome. since i spend most of my time outside its more important to me. so now i am digging up my plants and potting to sell you are all an inspiration. you all have great business skills. i am going to follow you all.we are working on the market garden at our sons this afternoon after our christian meeting. we can actually buy more land for less than what we owe here. go figure. if we go off grid i can buy about 10 to 20 acres of dirt. no services. we shall see. i would love to fing something with water.i use hot hot water for pain relief. so need to figure how to do baths in clean water often. sometimes 4 baths a day when sick. hot tubs need chemicals so cannot do that. i have a book called solviva that has good ideas in it.it looks like more work local after this. so i might be able to stay here. i ask myself now is that the wise choice? we are getting older and there is a lot to maintain here. irrigation etc. i love it here. but that would be an emotional decision. i need to be practical. wanted to let you all know things are better. thanks to all you gals sherrye happy days on the farm

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  08:45:34 AM  Show Profile
Sherry, looks like things are looking up! So happy for you. Maybe you could do a tub like in MJF's idea book. Heated with propane burners, now there's some pain relief! We are here for you.

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  09:04:15 AM  Show Profile
thanks diane i will look it up. i feel so blessed to have all the girls here to share with. i am homebound most of the time.so not a large group of friends here. i know that there is always lessons to learn from our challenges. i have a cup overflowing with happiness and hope. the new adventure will be a good thing. papa said that life with me has never had a dull day in it. lol sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  11:53:52 AM  Show Profile
That's great news, Sherrye! I am so glad things are looking up for ya'll.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic happy days papa works Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page