Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Pregnancy at 40 and over!?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Pregnancy at 40 and over!? Next Topic
Page: of 2

ladybugsmom6
True Blue Farmgirl

128 Posts

Tami
Horicon WI
USA
128 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  10:43:25 AM  Show Profile  Click to see ladybugsmom6's MSN Messenger address
get out the ginger root! just shread a 1/2tsp into hot water for tea or into your water bottle with ice and it calms the quessies instantly. water was making me feel ill, but this did the trick! I could eat and do anything with ginger close by....I wish i had learned this trick with#1 instead if #7!!

-Tami
now ladybugsmom7, the newest farm girl was born March23, Danielle Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - May 11 2006 :  5:49:47 PM  Show Profile
Rebecca,
This is my first baby! My doctor did warn me to stay away from the carbs (like my favorite pig out food, potatoes in any form), basically the whites including rice, bread, and potatoes. Brown rice and whole wheat bread are fine. The reason is that I was one point away from failing my gestational diabetes test. But everything else is good, my bp is normal, I'm not anemic (which most women become anemic to some extent during pregnancy he said), I haven't gained too much weight. So everything is good. I go swimming a couple times a week at the Y, take walks and do housework/gardening. I just got back from Boston, one day I think we walked about 7 hours. I just go at a slow pace and take breaks when i need to. The worst thing I hate is getting up every hour and half to 2 hours to pee. Hate that!!! Because I'm a pretty light sleeper anyway, and then I can find it hard to go back to sleep. Oh well, enough rambling for now.
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  06:55:51 AM  Show Profile
Julie, I swear, the body is infinitely wise and while you are having to pee every hour or two, this is your body's way of saying, "Hey you're in training!" Baby may wake up and need to nurse or be comforted in a very similar pattern for the first little while. Don't worry..you will be well trained! I remember when my son was born and I was hopping out of bed every few hours until I came to my senses and said, "this is crazy!" I brought him in bed with me, which is something I never planned to do, and he was our co-sleeper for 3 years! He's was a wonderful bed-fellow.. Once he was in my bed nursing and sleeping on top of me, he slept 4 hours straight..Heaven!! My daughter was completely different. She wanted to get right to business nursing and then be in her own space.. She slept in her crib right away and was a great night-time sleeper. She's a very independent person to this day.. Amazing! This third one? I have no idea what to expect....Its all so fun.. Good luck my friend... all will be well!
Many happy preggar regards, Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be
Go to Top of Page

UrbanChick
True Blue Farmgirl

331 Posts

Ayako
Atlanta GA
USA
331 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  07:27:41 AM  Show Profile
I just wanted to say congrats to you on your pregnancy. My mother had me at age 42. I was her last child born and I was number 5. My oldest brother is 11 years older than me. Growing up I never thought my mom was too old or tired to raise me. Today she is 74 years old and still running around doing her thing and is always cheerful, bright, and alert. Good luck with your pregnancy.

"Fix it up, wear it out, make it do or do without."
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2006 :  10:40:23 AM  Show Profile
Julia, Just saw the fantastic news about your pregnancy. Give us an update. How are you feeling these days? That's so great. I had my one and only at 38. (Felt like crap-ola...hope you are feeling well!) Can't wait to hear more about your third. Update, update!

"All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well."
Julian of Norwich
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2006 :  06:20:28 AM  Show Profile
Julia Congrats!! I also was pregnant & had my daughter just shy a few months of being 40. it was a WONDERFUL time to be pregnant. She was & is my first & only birth child(have step-daughters) & I wouldn't have changed a thing.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  11:53:18 AM  Show Profile
Greetings Ladies! Thank you for all the support and encouragment. Here's a quick update for you!
I am fast approaching 14 weeks! I am feeling great most of the time. I have these weird out of the blue moments where I feel just gross..sick to my stomach, headachey and just down-right blah. BUT, like I said, most of the time I feel full of energy, and in touch with what makes being a woman so sacred. Baby is growing just great..have heard the heart beat several times. Have had a few ultrasounds....keeping close tabs on granny over here! My other children are excited about a baby in mama's belly. very cute! Been busy getting ready for farm fair and playing in the gardens. School just ended for the summer so this affords me a lot more time in the mornings again. SO GREAT!! I am starting to have a little belly now. I tend to completely round out in the belly area...I get the full-blown buddha look and later on I get a nice round basketball tummy! I've gained about 2 pounds is all.. Been very active, watching what I eat etc..although, yesterday I totally indulged in one of my all time favorite junk foods... I know, I know..doritos and a coke!! It was fabulous..let me tell you!! I'm feeling little flutters but can't tell if its baby or some other weird bodily function!
Overall, feeling very earth motherish..more so than normal, I'm afraid!
Thanks again...and I think we should take a poll on how many sense I'm having a girl or a boy!!! I'll know in another month or so.. I'm thinking I'm going to have a......hmmmmm... I think I'll just keep the suspense going! hee hee hee
Many smiles to each of you!
Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  10:55:17 PM  Show Profile
Okay, Julia - my "sense" is a little girl... BUT - inasmuch as I only have boys (well a boy and soon to be another) by better judgement says - BOY! How's that for indecisive!!! How fun to feel the first little flutters. I'm thinking that if the mom-to-be THINKS that it's the babe, then it IS the babe.

I'm so glad you are feeling good most of the time - that makes such a difference in mood and motivation, for sure. I can SO understand the doritos and coke thing - lately I've had an odd weakness for rootbeer floats with french vanilla ice cream (the kind with little vanilla specks in it)...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  11:11:59 PM  Show Profile
Julia - congratulations on your prenancy! I just found this thread, and enjoyed reading all the way through. My niece-in-law just had a baby at 42, and with a heart condition that had to be watched, but she did fine and has a healthy baby girl.

Now that the first tri-mester is over, I am glad to hear you are feeling better. So happy for you that another little one is on the way!

Peace

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jun 11 2006 11:13:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  07:57:43 AM  Show Profile
Hey, Julia!

I must have missed your original posting from when my Australian friend was visiting in early May! I heard, via another local farmgirl, you are pregnant and spotted your post as an "Active Topic" today. Congratulations!

I'm glad things are going along well. I had just turned 38 when Linnea was born. I was SICK for the first three or four months and even with my old egg, I gave birth to one of the most amazing beings... Linnea has been an extremely happy, inquisitve, and healthy kid.

I have a good friend who had her daughter at 40. I didn't know her at the time, but it seems as though she's said she wasn't sick during the pregnancy, etc. I think she even had a home birth.

Continue keeping us up to date with your progress and feelings.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  11:08:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Julia, glad to see you're feeling better. I should say my mother had her last at age 42, but then it was her fourth...you know, back in the day. And also, she had me, who at age 10 was a just right baby sitter for the baby sister...I fed, dressed, changed and comforted. My baby sister (I also have a middle sister) now has the rocking chair that I used to rock her in...well, my mom rocked her too, and my dad, I guess, but they're both gone now, so she gets my vibes from it. It was kinda funny, cause baby sis was born in February and the Christmas before, I got the full practice gifts: baby doll, carriage, feeding kit with bottles, sterilizer, measuring cup & funnel to mix and fill the bottles, dish, spoon - my mother wasn't a dummy - she had me panting to take care of my real live baby doll sister. Oh well, just thought I'd share.
Now, you had mentioned about maybe having a Farm Girl Chapter meeting the 3rd weekend in June, and if you're not up for that, I sure understand, so let us know, okay? I guess since school is out, you're not driving past Zak anymore, huh?
Take it easy, hope to talk to you soon. Hugs, Judy

The Rooster crows, but the Hen lays the egg. ~ Texas Proverb
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Pregnancy at 40 and over!? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page