Carolinagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

486 Posts

Kim
Rutherfordton NC
USA
486 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2006 :  2:47:57 PM  Show Profile
Hey! can we still get in or start another round of pen pal club? I really like sending mail, almost as much as I like getting it. Anyone else interested? Tina Michelle? Are we the lone mailers left out here?

Kim in NC
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2006 :  3:03:42 PM  Show Profile
I would love to get in on a pen pal club!

Catherine

* Proud wife of Dan * Jackson's Mom * Still missing Lucy the Cat... *
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2006 :  5:42:51 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!

Sue N.--it was great to receive your wonderful (free) card and note.

I promise to get going on responding to everyone soon. Right now I am feeling pretty melted in the Texas heat (don't use a lot of ac), and I am taking care of some extra dogs for a month.

4th of July is coming shortly, and I will have a bit of extra time so I will get notes out to all by then.

Connie
Texas Farm Girl!

PS I think that we should let the others who are interested join in the fun--it is still a very tiny group. Not at all like the mail art list.

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

lawsec03
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Melissa
Richmond KY
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2006 :  6:38:28 PM  Show Profile
Hello! I am Melissa. I am new here, just posted my introduction last night. Anyway, I am best at writing when it comes to communication, I always have been, I am not much of a talker. Anyway, I would be interested in the pen pal club. Thanks, Melissa
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2006 :  6:55:32 PM  Show Profile
Yeah Connie! I agree! The others who are interested SHOULD join in the group - it sounds like fun! How does it work? What are you all doing?

Catherine

Edited by - cmandle on Jun 21 2006 6:56:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

dargaonfly1054
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Georgette
Nicholville NY
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  05:03:54 AM  Show Profile
How can I get into the "club" also? Would love to..........I'm not great at writing letters but if I receive them, would definitely respond!! Count me in!!

"There is a voice that doesn't use words........Listen."
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  06:32:00 AM  Show Profile
I'd like to Kim, but I don't know how this all works...but if anyone wants to let me know what to do and how to do it..I'm game.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Carolinagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

486 Posts

Kim
Rutherfordton NC
USA
486 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  06:51:46 AM  Show Profile
Is there some reason we can't have a master list of addresses somehow where we can send people mail when we want to? Only those who want to participate would add their address to the list, then the list could be emailed to everyone who has chosen to participate. That's how the mail art list I used to be part of worked. I would be willing to get the list together and keep it updated, if anyone wants to. The only thing is, it will have to wait until I get back from our anniversary vacation July 4. Anyone interested?

Kim in NC
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  07:43:16 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
OK so heres the deal- we started a group and currently have 12 people in it. I guess we thought that was enough because too many and its hard to write to all. So here is what i suggest- someone needs to organize it, and this is the person to whom you send your email with address and such. then that person puts everyones address on a page and mails it out. from there I guess its up to you. We decided that any correspondence works be it a post card, letter or what ever. We didn't want rules. Just do what works for you.

It looks like you have enough interest for a nice sized group. email me with questions.

A note to the pen pal group- for Helen in NZ, please send her cards and letters and lift up Helen in your prayers.

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights
http://bethsblissnblossomfarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Carolinagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

486 Posts

Kim
Rutherfordton NC
USA
486 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  12:38:12 PM  Show Profile
I'm thinking more like a Random Acts of Kindness list, where any number can be on it and people can send anyone something or not.
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2006 :  2:57:46 PM  Show Profile
Kim Thanks so much for mentioning that we should all send cards etc to Helen since she is having health problems.

I am going to send a note out to her tonight. I found a card with bright flowers that I hope will add some cheer to her day. If you only have time to send one card, please send it to Helen in NZ.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2006 :  4:27:00 PM  Show Profile
I have emailed those of you that have expressed interest in the penpal club..but were all too late to join in on the first round of events..if you are all interested ..just email me back and I'll add my address to your list and you can do the same on mine. We'd have about 7 of us in the new group.So, just email back if you want to. I still do think that the random acts of kindness list idea is a good one though...so that would be nice if it was formed as well.

Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2006 :  6:44:59 PM  Show Profile
Great! Thanks Tina! I just emailed back to you with my snail mail address.

Sorry, I got a little lost in the thread here...do we have a central person for collecting the seven new addresses? If not, I'm happy to do so! Please email your snail mail addresses to me and I'll distribute the addresses to all. We'll have our second-round-pen-pal group going in no time.

mandle at mac dot com

Catherine

Go to Top of Page

lawsec03
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Melissa
Richmond KY
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2006 :  8:43:57 PM  Show Profile
Tina, I just e-mailed you my address. Thanks, Melissa
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  3:32:46 PM  Show Profile
I love this Farmgirl Mail thing! Melissa, just got your letter today, thanks! Oh, it's so fun to run to the mailbox and find interesting things. Gals from the "second-round-pen-pal group," check your mailboxes for a vacation postcard from me, if you haven't received it already. More coming, I love sending mail! (Georgette, I forgot to mention in the letter I just sent off to you that I so appreciated your warm thoughts on my "barnyard" post about my cat. So sorry to hear about your old cat having to be put down too!)

Catherine
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  10:47:58 PM  Show Profile
hey there Catherine, got your postcard yesterday. thanks.

Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  08:32:45 AM  Show Profile
Hello girls
I would love to join the pen pal club....Who doesn't love getting "real" mail?
Letter writing is becoming a lost art...
Send me an email with your street addresses...I will send you mine!
Can't hardly wait
Love
Kate
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  09:43:33 AM  Show Profile
Hey "Second-Round-Pen-Pals:" I'm up for adding a couple of more folks if you are! Buttercup wants to join too - I just sent her the address list this morning. Kate, why don't you send me your snail mail address and I'll add it to the list (and will share the updates with everyone!). There will be 8 of us with the addition of Buttercup and Katiedid...sounds like a good number for a cap? Just enough folks to keep the mail moving without it being stressful!

See you at the Post Office!

Catherine
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  4:17:49 PM  Show Profile
certainly! that will be fun.

Go to Top of Page

lawsec03
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Melissa
Richmond KY
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  8:13:53 PM  Show Profile
This is great! Catherine, would you mind either mailing or e-mailing the new addresses to add to my list? Thanks for the post card. What a pretty picture!
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  6:18:24 PM  Show Profile
Hey Kate! (Katiedid)

I went to send you an email through this forum, but your profile didn't allow it (sorry for the mass posting!). I just need your snail mail address to include on our "second-round-pen-pals" group list and then it's all set to send back out to everyone. Send me an email (mandle at mac dot com) with the addy!

Thanks!

Catherine
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Pathetic plea inside :) Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page