Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Missing my Machine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Missing my Machine Next Topic  

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  08:37:29 AM  Show Profile
I feel very lost at the moment. My sewing machine broke one day last week. I took it to the repair man and he said it can't be fixed. I have had that machine for 14 years and I loved it. It made the best button holes. I have used it to make everything from saddle pads to corsets and prom dresses. I used it so much that it sat in my kitchen on a table specially made for it for all that time. It was a Viking/Husquevarna 1100. I just keep looking at the empty table and wondering how I will finish the 5 projects I now have going. It was like my best friend. LOL

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  09:05:45 AM  Show Profile
Beth - I'm so sorry, I would be so sad if my old Singer broke and couldn't be fixed.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  09:22:02 AM  Show Profile
...awwww Beth... that is sad. I am so sorry.

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  09:31:44 AM  Show Profile
I have seen several Viking/Husquevarna machines on my local craigslist and a lot of them are hardly ever used. Maybe you could look on your local craigslist and find the same or close to the same model that has not been used as heavily and it will be like having your old machine back, but with new life :)

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  09:51:50 AM  Show Profile
I have seen several Viking/Husquevarna machines on my local craigslist and a lot of them are hardly ever used. Maybe you could look on your local craigslist and find the same or close to the same model that has not been used as heavily and it will be like having your old machine back, but with new life :)

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

kindred spirit
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Robin
Myerstown Pennsylvania
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  10:03:06 AM  Show Profile
Contact a local shop that sells sewing machines. Sometimes ladies trade in their old machines to upgrade. I bought my Husqvarna Viking this way. Hope this helps. I know I woukd be lost without my sewing machine too.

Blessings,
Robin
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  7:32:52 PM  Show Profile
Have started watching Craigslist and Free Cycle. Also, have a friend looking for one for me. Never thought of looking for a traded in one. Thanks for the suggestion. There a a couple of places around here that might have one.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Missing my Machine Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page