Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Treasure Book Next Topic  

eHomebody
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Marcia

3 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  2:13:17 PM  Show Profile
I just read the article on page 77 of the MaryJane's Farm magazine regarding her gift of a "treasure book." What is a treasure book, what would you include, and how would you go about making one?

Come join me on the Web!
www.eHomebody.com
www.eHomebody.com/blog

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  05:24:55 AM  Show Profile
That's a great question! I guess it would be up to you and what you felt was a treasure that needed to be included. For me I would do one with all the clippings, news articles, pictures, cards and letters etc. Kind of on the idea of scrapbooking. . . you do up each page and decorate it the way you want. It will hold all kinds of information and would be a great "treasure" to pass on to future generations.

What would you put in yours??

Joanna #566
JojoNH
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryCents
www.CountryCents.com
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/Eastwooddesigns
Go to Top of Page

eHomebody
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Marcia

3 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  06:36:14 AM  Show Profile
I have a copy of a diary kept by an older woman my step-father knew. Besides her daily thoughts, she pasted in little snippets from what appears to be her church's weekly insert. There are flower graphics, birds, and quotes from Scripture and spiritual leaders.

Another "treasure" I found while helping to disperse our grandparents' household after their death was an old printed book which someone had pasted old greeting cards in. They pasted the cards right over the printed words in the book. Apparently, they didn't think much of the author. :) But, it was a treasure to me because of the vintage greeting cards preserved in it.

I really don't know what I would put in my treasure book. I suppose I'll have to start one and see. ;)

I'd love to hear the ideas of others.

Come join me on the Web!
www.eHomebody.com
www.eHomebody.com/blog
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  07:26:27 AM  Show Profile
I had to let my subscriptions ex-spire because money is tight with the high house payments we now have.
But I think that a "Treasure Book" to me is; one that what one wants to put it in
Special thoughts running through one's mind and writing them down
Special things that happens in one's life during the day
Moments that one wants to remember
Also ,
it can be like a picture book
or special recipes collected from one's family and so forth
A Treasure book is yours and what you want to put in it
When women cross country to go west
They collect crocheted or knitted patterns , little bits of the actual laces and put them in a book and wrote the directions down.
or a pattern to a quilt etc.
hugs sheila
Go to Top of Page

eHomebody
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Marcia

3 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  1:49:15 PM  Show Profile
Some very good ideas. I like the one especially about saving bits of lace or crochet along with patterns.

Come join me on the Web!
www.eHomebody.com
www.eHomebody.com/blog
Go to Top of Page

phonelady
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

Carla
Loveland Colorado
323 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  9:46:28 PM  Show Profile
Mine would have photos as well as writings.
Miniature photos of things I have accomplished, half apron and such.
I poke little things like the paper ticket stubs for the Smothers Brother show Dad and I got to see last month.
Drawings of something special I have seen [I had little notebooks when I worked on the ships of the Alaska Marine Highway. One day when the sun was out I was looking back over the fantail as we where moving up the Inside Passage and the sun was showing off the water between the islands we'd just passed and I swear the water was sparkling! I'd never seen sparkling water before, so I took out my little notebook and pen and drew the scene so I wouldn't for get it.
I did that kind of thing while I was in the ARMY too, come to think of it.
Guess I've been making treasure books for a while.

Smiles!
Carla

"You shot it Tarzan-
You eat it."
Dave Ramsey
Go to Top of Page

bjhuff
True Blue Farmgirl

325 Posts

Betty Jo
Sturgis South Dakota
USA
325 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  12:31:03 PM  Show Profile  Send bjhuff an ICQ Message
I know I seen that and thought that was so awesome my grandmother had an old leather ledger that she kept all of her birthday cards and special clipping from newspapers in and they were taped in. I thing that looked so amazing was that it looked like there were some homemade paper things in there as well --I love the idea!!!

***BettyJo****
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  7:30:05 PM  Show Profile
Shiela I've been there having to cut cost. I found magazines at thrift stores fairly cheap and the library is FREE which I love. Did you save your favorite magazines? The ones like MJ's never get old.I love pulling out back issues of my favorites on snowy days.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2010 :  5:04:41 PM  Show Profile
I would put humorous stuff in a Treasure Book. All things that make me laugh on days when it is easier to cry. In fact I have taken several journals and done just that. I hope to pass them on to my children one day and that they find as much joy in reading them as I have had in making them, for my own benefit.

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Treasure Book Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page