Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  12:48:56 PM  Show Profile
It has come to my attention that I have possibly offended some of you. I was told that my posts have been selfish and that I speak to much of my husband who passed away a little over a year ago. It has cause some to feel put off by me and makes them not want to respond to posts I leave.
Please know that this has not at all been my intent. I only want to be encouraging and helpful, so if I have offended you, if you would send me an email, I would like to give a personal apology to you.
I am sorry for any negative, selfish or unproductive comments I have made. I have been on the forum since 2005 or so, and love it here. I have learned so much from you all, and want to be a help not a hinderance.
So, again, with all my heart, I am sorry to anyone I have offended, and pushed away, it truly was unintentional.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
http://www.iglitteredthecat.blogspot.com/
http://www.glitterandgrunge.com/ (turner hill studio)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TurnerHillStudio/

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  12:58:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh Julia. As far as I know nothing that you said hurt anyone. Keep posting and replying. Love ya girl :)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  1:00:21 PM  Show Profile
Oh Julia, who ever said such a thing???? I think you are just fine in your postings. *hugs*

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  1:12:44 PM  Show Profile
I thought that's what friends are for! To listen to you no matter what it is you need to talk about. I love to read posts about people who were in love, are in love, or are looking for love. I am constantly told that I talk about my DH too much. I say pooh on them! It's just jealousy on their part! If you need to talk about your DH feel free to email me anytime and make it as long as you'd like. Write me a book if you'd like. I love reading that kind of stuff. I am here for you.

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3320 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3320 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  1:25:06 PM  Show Profile
Julia,

I don't think you "owe" anyone an apology.

The last time I checked we still have the right of free speech in this country.

Keep posting-it is your right and your privilege and if someone takes offence they should quietly move on to another forum.

"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com
www.andsewitgoes.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  1:27:15 PM  Show Profile
I don't understand? Gosh, I can't think of one instance in which you've offended me. But then, I'm not easily offended :) But seriously, this isn't a place of judgment, or at least, it isn't supposed to be.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  1:38:56 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Amen to what Angela said and the other ladies too. No apology necessary. You haven't done anything wrong. Even though I am not married I do realize what a significant role a spouse plays in a life. I have always kind of thought of marriage as the intemingling of two lives to become one. Maybe I am a bit of a romantic. It has been almost 6 years since my mom lost her husband. I know to her it still feels like it just happened yesterday. To lose someone so close to you, can be so difficult and painful to face alone. You should always be able to go to your friends, even if it's simply to reminesce. I'm hear anytime you need to talk. :)

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/

Edited by - melanie47601 on Apr 09 2010 1:40:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  1:41:30 PM  Show Profile
Being a widow myself, I know what you have been going through. I have never felt offended by anything you have said. I don't know who was, but I feel this is the best part of being a part of this group. Please feel free to speak your heart. We are all in this together.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  2:13:59 PM  Show Profile
Oh Julia - I agree with the ladies - I am a widow also, going on 14 years now and somedays it feels as if it just moments since his passing and then other days it is all healed. I think that too many folks walk around just waiting to be offended by the slightest of things. We can not agree with everyone all the time but I find that way too many folks walk thru life with a big chip on their shoulder just waiting for someone to just look in their direction.

Life is way too short to walk on egg shells - live life to the best of your ability. Living well is the best revenge.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  2:24:19 PM  Show Profile
I don't understand this at all Julia. I have always enjoyed all your posts. To be honest I love to hear the stories of other women and their husbands and families. Good things or problems, either way I think it gives us happiness for someone else and empathy for those who have lost someone they love. It touches me to hear about how much any of us love our spouses or our children,parents etc, whether they are still with us or not. I have lost a lot of people myself, it hurts and you miss them. I know when I get the chance to mention my daughter Karin's life and the joy she brought us I do it. Please know that anytime you want to share anything I will be glad to listen. I just cannot imagine who would say this you.

Hugs MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  3:04:07 PM  Show Profile
This is why I love MJF forum! You girls are very kind, and I thank you. I was a bit taken a back by what was said, but I wanted to make sure all the air was clear. Having to walk on egg shells with my words, isn't something I need to have to deal with right now, got enough on my plate.

I am truly grateful for this place to be able to come to share, vent and cry with others who have gone through the same things, so again, thank you.

Yes, I miss my hubby terribly, lately it has felt as though it was yesterday. Going through the grieving process with its constant emotions, ever changing, often revisiting emotions, sure takes its toll. But I don't want to be a pathic, overly weepy, draining widow, which was my fear with the comment made, and why the apology. I am glad at least for you girls, you hear my heart, and I love you for it!!!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
http://www.iglitteredthecat.blogspot.com/
http://www.glitterandgrunge.com/ (turner hill studio)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TurnerHillStudio/
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  3:28:03 PM  Show Profile
The grieving process is different for everyone. Its not an easy path, for sure. I dont know what was said, or what you said that may have offended anyone, but you dont need to apologize to me for anything.

Prayers sent and hugs offered.
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  3:31:34 PM  Show Profile
Who ever said those hurtful things to you does not, nor ever did have a true love, let alone lost one. I have posted MANY stories on here about my late Hubby, some romantic, some sad and some funnier than hell. Anyone that is that crass and cold, DOES NOT deserve your time. I, for one welcome stories like yours, it does my soul good to here them, knowing that there were many good men out there, for their good women. Never apoligize for that, not ever!!!

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Twinsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Debbie
Wyoming
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  4:47:56 PM  Show Profile
Julia,

I am so sorry someone said that to you. I have been on here a short time and have found everyone to be so wonderful and not judgemental. I think that is part of what these forums are for, to share your thoughts and feelings.

I say post away about your late husband. It is great to hear about a wonderful marriage. I am sorry you are going through this.

Please be kind to yourself.

Twinsmom
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  5:10:58 PM  Show Profile
The loss of your spouse and best friend is something that you will never forget. it's tragic, sad and indeed lonesome

I know of a lady who some years ago even at the age of 80 had lost her spouse 20 years earlier and would still tear up sometimes in conversation. Very touching. Especially when divorce rates are the norm these days and too easy to be done.

As others said, the grieving porcess is different for us all, so for others to be insensitive IS insensitive and kind of crappy.

But in the words of this same now 89 year old. She does wish that she had dated though. Just prior to her starting to slip mentally, she was so giddy and happy with her new beau I believe this helped her to stay "with it" just a tad bit longer

So here's a hug from NC. And while I still (by the grace of God) have my hubby, I feel very sorry for your loss

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  5:28:58 PM  Show Profile
oh my,, i am sad for you. i have never felt anything but goodness. we are all friends. the posts above say it all. like with my sister i can be a brat and she still loves me. same here. not that you were ever a brat.. like i said you are farmgirl sister we love ya just the way you are at any moment in time.just a loving thought to you sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  6:41:34 PM  Show Profile
I certainly haven't ever felt offended by you Julia.
I'm sorry you were made to feel as though you had....

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  6:50:31 PM  Show Profile
Well, I haven't been saying much here lately, but I can't let this one go. That is very sad to think that someone who calls herself a farmgirl, a friend, a sister would make such a mean and hurtful statement. That person, by no means, represents the majority here, Julia, and I am offended that someone would purposely hurt you or anyone here in such a manner. How RUDE! We are here for you just like we are meant to be.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  7:12:27 PM  Show Profile
Julia, I have told you before how much your writing means to me. I hope you never stop talking about your husband. I love hearing your stories. All you ladies who are widows have so much to tell and I hope you never stop.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  7:22:35 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Julia, I have never read a post of yours that was selfish or rude! Your post always seem so cheerful and are wonderful to read! I think you have a very good right to talk about your husband who passed away. I don't know who would say something like that. I say keep on doing what you are doing farmgirl! We all love you!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  8:33:30 PM  Show Profile
Julia:
Please, do not apologize to me. Please! I have loved reading your post concerning your husband. I just love reading Teresa's posts about her late husband. I find such love in both or your words. Julia, I give you permission to email me personally. I'd love to hear more about your life with your late husband. What a selfish, senseless, incredibly stupid thing to tell you. You are a better person, for at least sharing your sadness with us. You go Julia! I'm as mad as a wild woman right now. I will continue to look for your postings concerning your husband. Take care. I will keep you in my prayers.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Chives
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Victoria
Shelton Washington
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  8:41:50 PM  Show Profile
Julia, never stop talking about your husband. He will always be a part of your life no matter what. Some people go through thier whole life and have never really found a true love. Be happy that you did and we get to hear about it. We all love you. Vicki sister 280
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  8:53:39 PM  Show Profile
I can't let this go either....I've never read anything from you that was offensive, nor have you talked too much about your late DH. I am a widow of just 5 short mos. (here I GO!!), and I enjoy and treasure your stories about your late DH, as I do Teresa's, it's obvious you were all each others soul mates, as were my dh and I. I have felt like I could share a little here and there about my dh, and I think that's just one of the reasons we are all here, Farmgirls, sisters, friends, and that's just what we do, listen to one another when the other one needs it most. Personally, I find it much easier to let it all out here, than to some of my friends. Let your light shine, and if you offended anyone, then they are not "true farmgirls" at heart.

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  8:56:34 PM  Show Profile
I come here for the positive support and friendship. I feel like the folks here are my extended neighbors. The folks I wished lived next door.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  8:59:09 PM  Show Profile
I am so elated reading the support here for Julia.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  9:05:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Julia, and all of us- I hope we all feel free to tell our stories and find love and comfort in each other's arms (and posts!)

I too love the stories about your husband- and also the stories that you tell about finding your way because it gives me hope that should a disaster befall I hope that I too would find the love, grace, and courage that you show in moving forward. Also, not all your posts are about you husband- just the right amount are! By that I mean- as much as you need to talk- we are hear to listen.

I think that is one of the thinks I love most about the internet. If I don't feel like "listening" I can always read a different thread or read a different website or even shut the computer off completely! But I love the little stories- the many varied comments, the little tidbits that we share.

I wish I could be there, friend Julia, to give you a hug and tell you again what a sweet and wonderful friend you are.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I owe you an apology Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: