Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  5:34:13 PM  Show Profile
So i'm driving home from work this afternoon, pass a truck w/ two boys in it and the next thing I know WHAM!!

Something hit my windshield HARD. It scared me pretty badly.

It was yellow and runny and cystalized onto the glass when I realized I was out of washer fluid. At first I thought it was urine. GROSS

Wasn't able to stop 'till I got to my first destination (not home) and realized this egg [bleep] just got egged! I sell eggs, so this is really ironic...but really maddening b/c egg will eat through paint and metal if it's not cleaned off right away.

Finally got home to also find out some of my chickes were hatching, AND had to get ready to go to a friend's house AND make something to bring AND wash the smelly, rotten egg off the truck.

My husband is the best and as soon as he saw me running into the hosue for the dish soap, he took the hose away and began to wash the truck! YEA! At this point though i was frazzled. SO I made a few phome calls and bagged on the evening's plans so I could help hubby and watch my new babies.

You farm gurls would understand.

Not sure how this could have been prevented. Not sure driving these guys down would have been an option either (hello, female, and alone.... not good).

So here's to a better end to tomorrow.

p.s. More chicks are scheduled to hatch next week so there's always a positive in every situation

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  6:04:51 PM  Show Profile
... well gosh dang! Thanks to Hubby being awesome, though... the icing on the cake!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  6:46:28 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Anna, sorry to hear about that. It is ironic that you sell eggs...and you got egged. How nice of your hubby to wash it off for you.

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  7:12:24 PM  Show Profile
Well good grief. I sure am glad you are ok. That could have ended worse than it did. So how many chicks so far?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  7:30:59 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Good grief!! So someone through the egg at your truck?
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  03:41:17 AM  Show Profile
Must have been more than 1 egg and I'm not sure if it was in a shell when it hit.

Seriously! It sounded like a rock. But then again when you are driving at 55 mph, it's all going pretty fast
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  03:43:55 AM  Show Profile
And so far just 2 chicks. These were set under the hen prior to us receiving new Auracona eggs a few days later from a buddy.

Ought to be getting new Polish chicks next week too, so we'll be bursting at the seams w/ chickens. YEA!
Go to Top of Page

Twinsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Debbie
Wyoming
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  08:52:48 AM  Show Profile
Anna,

I am sorry, I am glad you are safe. That would have scared me and then I would have been mad.

What a great hubby, enjoy your new chicks!

Twinsmom
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  4:54:43 PM  Show Profile
I just got a forwarded email warning about that...how people with criminal intent have started to use egging to get victims...in theory (I don't know if it's true???) if you try to use windshield wiper fluid to clean your window, it'll smear the egg all over, reducing visibility to the point you have to pull over...at which point you're a sitting duck (no pun intended!!!).

Hopefully they were just pulling an evil prank, but perhaps it's fortunate you were out of windshield wiper fluid...I'm so glad you're okay!!!!!

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

www.jodigreen.scentsy.us
www.jodielyzabeth.blogspot.com
www.patternprincess.blogspot.com
www.jodieliza.etsy.com
I'm engaged! Follow my wedding planning and sentimental musings at:
www.justinandjodiforever.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  6:10:17 PM  Show Profile
I would have chased them punks down and kicked their behinds to the next town and back. We had trouble in my area several years ago, when some townie kids came out to the country and started throwing what ever they could find, at people, vehicals and animals. They injured several animals, broke some windsheilds and scared the hell outta an elderly neighbor, then they made the mistake of hitting my husbands truck, he chased them right to the Sheriffs dept, and made a citizens arrest, then alot of other people came forward and ID'd them, their parents had to pay for all damage, and them boys went to the hall for awhile.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  6:32:37 PM  Show Profile
Oh, well... I couldn't put it better than Teresa did. Same thoughts and actions here! Punks!!!!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  03:09:09 AM  Show Profile
I wantd so badly to do a 180, but the road I had just turned off was being paved and it would have meant sitting behind those guys for a few very long minutes. Most of which I may not have been able to claim responsibility for.

They'll get theirs
Go to Top of Page

Twinsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Debbie
Wyoming
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  07:04:23 AM  Show Profile
I agree with you Annab, they will get theirs.

I would of wanted to go after them as well. My family had something happen to us, not what happened to you and I am so angry about it and wanted to pound the living daylights out of the kid and his family, but now I realize he and the family will get justice, may not be on earth, but God will see to it!

Twinsmom
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic getting egged Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page