Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Brag on your community............
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Brag on your community............ Next Topic  

Twinsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Debbie
Wyoming
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  08:39:08 AM  Show Profile

My husband and I are planning on moving and would like to be settled before fall. We are not sure where to go. Would you mind bragging on your community about what you do and don't like. Why is it a great place to raise a family, community spirit, small town living, ect...?

Thank you so much!

Twinsmom

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  09:15:29 AM  Show Profile
Denise, you would love it here. We are near Lookout Mt. Cloudland Canyon. Fall Creek Falls. Chattanooga. Civil war battlefields and museums. Lots of nature here. But near the city and all it has to offer. There is so much to do here. And then there is the most beautiful country too. We have all 4 seasons. Winters are usally not too cold but this last one was. I love it here.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  10:41:19 AM  Show Profile
Well, I live in Michigan and I don't know that anyone is moving here right now LOL! Battle Creek especially has been hit pretty hard. My husband and I love our neighbor town of Marshall though. It's a small town that reminds me of Bedford Falls in "It's a Wonderful Life". It also has lots of country and farms :) We've looked into buying there, but we just aren't ready to buy yet. As far as industry here, Battle Creek is also known as Cereal City because we're the home of Kelloggs and Post and Ralston factories. That's one thing I *LOVE* about where I live. The air here smells like Rice Krispy Treats or Fruity Pebbles or Blueberry Pop-tarts most of the time :) YUM! Kelloggs corporate headquarters is here too. I guess the upside of the poor economy here is that housing is REALLY cheap.

Hope you all find somewhere great to live!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  11:40:36 AM  Show Profile
Okay, Denise, Milwaukee and it's suburbs are great! There are so cultural festivals here in the summer, and the culture is great. Every week I see different commercials for shows, plays, musicals, etc! Milwaukee's suburbs also have really great bike trails. We have all four seasons as well. Winters can get pretty cold, but that means we have gorgeous summers! Hope this helps!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

Kerbear
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Kerry
Middle Tennessee
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  2:31:20 PM  Show Profile
I live in Tennessee and we absolutely love it. We have fantastic neighbors, lots of wild life and outdoor activities. We are surrounded by farmland and beautiful trees. We live in a great small town however we are not very far from Nashville where there are lots of country music shows, museums, and restaurants. Tennessee is beautiful!
I grew up not far from where Kris lives. North GA is a great place too. There is lots of hiking, trails for horseback riding, and of course Atlanta isnt too far either.

~Kerry Anne
Farmgirl Sister #975
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  07:22:52 AM  Show Profile
Wish I could. Northern Kentucky has conveniences, but it's all just sprawl, sprawl, sprawl. I daydream (while sitting in 30 minute commutes) of fleeing in the middle of the night :) But, there are parts of Kentucky (Bourbon County, Midway, etc...) that are just amazingly beautiful, and the towns, while small, have everything you need while still being close to larger city centers like Louisville and Lexington. Now, if I HAD to choose a city in Kentucky to live in, it would be Louisville, for sure. Great culture, great food, enlightened...

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  07:36:23 AM  Show Profile
Denise,
I love Spokane . . . we have four very beautiful seasons, tons of lakes, mountains, wheat fields, orchards, great school systems, lots of cultural and civic events, home to bloomsday (on of the largest footraces in the country), home to Hoopfest (the largest basketball event for everyone in the entire world!), we have one of the highest restaurants-per-capita in the country . . . which means lots of great food, tons of great produce and lots of farmers markets. Tons of quilters, gardeners, antiquers and all the fun things most of us farmgirls love. And, the cost of homes in Spokane, compared to much of the country is low. We are in the midst of moving to an 1898 farmhouse on 10 acres . . . feels like the middle of no where but only a few minutes to stores, etc. Good truly shined his light on this sweet area of the northwest!

There . . . was that bragocious enough?!! You can come stay at our farm while you check out the area . . .

Hugs & Blessings,

Brenda

Come visit my blog at http.//www.pastblessings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Brag on your community............ Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page