Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Books
 Book Ideas
 Household routines and organization
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Book Ideas: Previous Topic Household routines and organization Next Topic
Page: of 2

QueenofQuiteAlot
True Blue Farmgirl

865 Posts

Dalyn
Milk 'n Honey Ranch Central, WA
USA
865 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  5:41:09 PM  Show Profile
YOu know, I learned to order my days after reading "First We Have Coffee" by Margaret Jensen. The book is out of print, but you can order it used on Amazon. It's a wonderful book about Norwegian immigrants and the best character is Mama in the book. She was the best homekeeper, mama, and wife.
It's all true stories of mrs. Jensen's childhood. I have had the pleasure of meeting her and telling her how that book changed my life. I SO wanted (and still do!) to be just like "Mama".

www.homesteadblogger.com/TheQueenofQuiteAlot/
www.freewebs.com/muckbootsnaprons/
www.freewebs.com/dailywalkinfarm/
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  8:35:39 PM  Show Profile
i'm a 'whim and whimsy' kinda' gurl .. don't have any set routines for housekeeping ... but then ... i don't have a buncha' chilluns at home any more which makes it a lot easier. now .. if i just shave these two big 'ole hairy dogs .. i can cut down 'sweepin' to half the time it takes me. i swear .. sometimes i think i could 'knit' another dog with all the fur i scoop up! they are getting their 'summer haircuts' soon!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  12:03:38 PM  Show Profile
I think I'm going to have to check out the "First We Have Coffee" book - it sounds just perfect! I really want to be the farmgirl/"mama" who has most of my ducks in a row most of the time - right now, unfortunately, they are running helter-skelter all over the neighborhood (so to speak, of course!)

You all have such good advice. I'm trying right now to get a bedtime routine (a la Flylady - thanks for the heads-up on her website!) in place so that I don't wake up to a messy house AND hungry family.

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

OklahomaJamie
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Jamie
Rural Oklahoma
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  8:14:58 PM  Show Profile
I'm new here, guess I should go post an intro.

Anyway, I wanted to share my housecleaning schedule. It works out really good (when I stick to it). I've revised it a little here and there to make it work better for me. I have it posted on my blog: http://codyscountry.net/blog/?p=215

Country Blessings,
Jamie

http://jamiescountrysoaps.com
http://codyscountry.net
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  9:33:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi, there, Jamie! Welcome!!! That's a great list that you have - super helpful that it's divided into daily/weekly/monthly... I think I just might adapt your schedule to fit my house - you are one organized farmgirl! Thanks!!!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  08:51:50 AM  Show Profile
I have done FlyLady for years and it changed our lives, however, I have still struggled with many things (I'm quite hard-headed).

I like the Sandra Felton books. She is like FlyLady, but there is less emotional involvement, to me anyway.

FlyLady seems to be ADD. I know that she means well, and this will come off sounding perfectionistic, but if she streamlined her system and especially her website it would great.

I think that I'm technically a cleanie person or a B.O., but I grew up with a chroncially ill mother and I think I picked up on her lifestyle a bit. Also, I don't function well when I'm stressed. Which for the last several years has been a norm. Now that my Dad has passed away, things are leveling off. My mother is still ill, but stable and she has nursing care. So, I'm really putting my efforts into getting things back into ship-shape.

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·. http://boinglink.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Book Ideas: Previous Topic Household routines and organization Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page