Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members
 April Badge in
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic April Badge in Next Topic  

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  09:00:09 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/farmgirl-sisterhood/badges-eo-little-squirts.asp

How about little Squirts... I have been roaming around my place and it seems everything could use a little oiling...

Each Other

6. Little Squirts

Beginner Level

In honor of MaryJane’s father, no farmgirl should abide a squeaky door. Walk around your house and give each door and hinge a good oiling.
Oil the chains to any bikes your family owns.
Make sure all metal garden tools have been oiled before being stored for the winter or off-season.
Intermediate Level

Sometimes a door squeaks even after it has been oiled, so with a screwdriver, sandpaper and a level, fix any stubborn doors you might have so all your doors swing freely and close easily. Make sure all locks are in good working order.
Expert Level

Set up a bike repair day in your neighborhood and show the neighborhood kids how to properly oil and maintain their bikes and tricycles.

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.Prosserfarmgirls.ning.com

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  09:41:53 AM  Show Profile
Oh...this is a good idea for me. Can I do the beginner and intermediate back to back and apply for them at the same time? My house was built in the 20's and I don't think the doors have ever been oiled. They are squeeky and you have to close them a certain way to get them to shut.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  09:47:36 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Sure.. that would be great Siobhan.. great Idea!

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.Prosserfarmgirls.ning.com

Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  11:30:46 AM  Show Profile
OK....I did the oiling today. Wow! I have 25 doors in my house! I've always wondered how many we had. I knew it was a lot, but I've never had reason to count them until now LOL :) I also oiled our bike chains and that made them run so nice and smooth.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

patchworkpeace
True Blue Farmgirl

478 Posts

Judy
Jackson Michigan
USA
478 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  07:18:45 AM  Show Profile
Renee,

I'm glad you chose this one. I've oiled all my doors inside and out along with a couple of tools not in use now. The back screen door gets used so much that I guess we just got used to the little squeak. I just oiled it and no more squeak!

Judy

Success is measured not by the position one reaches but by the obstacles one has to overcome to reach it. Booker T. Washington
Go to Top of Page
  Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic April Badge in Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page