Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Just wanted to share-Violet's 1st Birthday pics
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Just wanted to share-Violet's 1st Birthday pics Next Topic
Page: of 2

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  3:22:34 PM  Show Profile
She is so adorable and your family looks nice too. I love the picture where she is asleep on her daddy's shoulders. Did you make the cake it looked grand.
delicia
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  3:08:24 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
jonni and jus, thanks so much for the pics, they made our day here at the farm. violet is so cute and getting cuter every day. thanks again for sharing the pics, i was hoping you would be able too.
love fran and country in texas

love
frannie in texas
home of "green"crafts,
where no scrap is left behind
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)
www.angeltree.etsy.com

check out the farm at:
www.localharvest.org/farms/M24434
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9382 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9382 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  3:15:09 PM  Show Profile
Can it be that Violet is a year old already? Oh my. Time flies, enjoy her every minute! She's a cutie for sure. :)

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  06:04:54 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all, so very much!

Some of you asked about the cake...it was made locally, by a really wonderful independent organic bakery called "Take the Cake". They made our wedding cake, Jus's 30th birthday cake, my 30th birthday cake and now Violet's 1st. We thought about it, but I remembered, as creative as we both are, we are NOT cake decorators!!!

Our very talented and beautiful friend, Julie made Violet's kimono. Since it was owl themed, I found the fabric on Etsy and she whipped up a "sample" and made the dress from there. It looks adorable on her!

We did make the banner, so thank you for the compliments. Next year we will add "Violet" but working full time cuts into my "creative" time (and my cleaning time and my being with Violet time :)) so I just managed to eke out the Happy Birthday!

@Mary Jane...Violet is such a trooper--she wasn't overwhelmed in the least. We had about 30 people there and 7 VERY active 4-10 year old's, and Violet just wanted to be a part of everything. The only time she rested was in the pic on her daddy's shoulders :) She just sort of "powered down" like a little robot. Not a tear she all day and she went fast asleep that night, believe me!

Frannie...I was so happy to finally get these "up" for you. Time flies around our house and it's all I can do to sit still for 2 seconds together :) I'm so glad you enjoyed them...she is our world, that's for sure!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  10:28:11 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
jonni, jus and violet,
your pics made me and country just smile and laugh. sometimes i forget that we have never "really" met and are farmgirl sisters.
we think about yall and your sweet violet alot and love it when we get to see some pics of whats going on there. i hope if you ever come to texas you will come and stay at the farm.
we talk alot about coming to kentucky and going to miss wilma's gathering but i am still having some tune up work done and will have another surgery some time in the very near future. they promise me that when i have this repair done i will be fit as fiddle, i sure hope so. for the first time i am feeling a little bit tired of all this medical attention. i have to keep reminding myself that i am so lucky that i am not without insurance and wondering if i will get the services i need.
anyway, your pics were the best medicine in the world.

love
frannie in texas
home of "green"crafts,
where no scrap is left behind
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)
www.angeltree.etsy.com

check out the farm at:
www.localharvest.org/farms/M24434
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  10:53:36 AM  Show Profile
What lovely pictures! Her owl kimono is great, the picture of the three of you and the one of Violet with her dad are just so sweet. And that is one good looking cake for one good looking girl. Thanks for letting us see the big event...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  08:03:29 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful photos! How I love the outfit she wore on her special day! HOw can a year have gone by already??? :)

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  09:36:40 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Karin!!! I'm so happy to hear from you! My friend, Julie, did such an awesome job on that kimono, and it so suited Violet with her "hooting" that she still does, even after all these months. The Owl has become quite the theme for this little girl!

Jeannie...I know! A year, already? The old saying, "time flies when you're having fun!" is so very true. Every day with Violet is a gift.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Just wanted to share-Violet's 1st Birthday pics Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page