Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Wanted: Soybeans to grow a test plot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Wanted: Soybeans to grow a test plot Next Topic  

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  10:30:18 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone grow soybeans and would like to either sell me some or barter for some. I would like to get about a large coffee can amount, you know the institutional size cans.
Please let me know, I have some cool tote bags I've made out of sacks some with chickens, dogs, cats, even rice and sugar. I also have material, homemade jelly, pancake syrup, relish, let me know what you want or I will purchase.
Cindy

FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!
I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  4:51:10 PM  Show Profile
I do need the kind you can eat. I didn't realize there was more than one kind. I want to see if they will grow here to incorporate into our diets as well as supplementing the animal's feed.

Cindy

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  2:29:44 PM  Show Profile
Um, Cindy, I don't grow them, but we have farmer friends that may be willing to give me some for my own use. Let me call him tonight and ask him if they are planting that this year. I can't promise how many, but I'll do my dead level best. Oh, and if you don't hear from me, email me. It's hard for me to get to an internet accessible computer on any day but Tuesdays, when I'm in town for work. I'll get back to you as soon as I can!!!!!!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  3:44:59 PM  Show Profile
Julie, that would be great. I'll send you an email and be waiting to hear from you.

In the meantime, if anyone else has any I would rather get it twice than not at all. Please let me know girls.

Thank you,
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  6:41:21 PM  Show Profile
I have some organic ones in my storage. I haven't tested for germination, but they have been in a cool, dark, dry place. Let me know if you want some. I guess I could ship USPS flat rate.

I would be interested in yardage or totes for barter.

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many, Herbalist, Master Energy Intuitive

http://herbalmommasda.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2317 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2317 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  12:58:36 PM  Show Profile
Cindy, Did you find any soybean seed. We are planting beans again this year and I think we have a bag og seed left from last year yet. I can send you a coffee can full if you still need them.

Julie

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Wanted: Soybeans to grow a test plot Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page