Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  7:54:21 PM  Show Profile
so for any wondering. I'm finally moved. though no where near settled. also, my fiance and i had planned to be married in october. well, since things weren't stressful enough, we decided during the last part of my move that we are going to move the wedding up to may 1st! yikes, i don't even have a dress. this should prove to be fun eh? but we are going very small, kinda like a picnic that just happens to have two people getting hitched. only downside is that with us spontanisly changing it my oldest brother and his family can't come. which, i completely understand.
so another month or so of stress and we should be good for a bit.

so happy it's spring and hoping eveything is great for all you ladies.

Karen ^_^

www.miss2missus.com

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  8:07:39 PM  Show Profile
I went to a wedding last year, the reception was a barbque, and it was the nicest, most enjoyable wedding I had ever gone to. Your wedding will be fine, you will find the perfect dress in plenty of time and live happily ever after. Keep us posted, Carol

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  8:14:39 PM  Show Profile
Hay Karen, Carol is right. All you really need is the man and the preacher and go get hitched. Hope you have a wonderful wedding day and, don't fret, it will all come together when its time.

Best Wishes,
Daizy
Farmgirl #1093

PHR Farmgirl
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  8:34:54 PM  Show Profile
A picnic that just happens to have two people gettin' hitched? I love it!! Wish we would have done that. I agree...get all the stress over and done with all at once. It will all turn out! Keep us posted on your adventures :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.wakeupstartlearning.blogspot.com
www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  10:36:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Karen- That is how we did our wedding. We did just a family and close friends gathering in my parent's back yard. My dad build a waterfall that we stood by and our table decorations were simple crackled glass rose bud bowls filled with rock salt and those battery operated tea lights. We also got rectangle wood frames from the dollar store and painted the frames black, the we covered the cardboard inset with some jaquard fabric napkin (semi shiny) in the wedding colors so when paired with the crackle glass bowls it made a neat effect. We just did cake and mints though- no meal. It was so much fun and we set up a CD player and I had one of my sister put together a good mix of big band/ 1920's type of music for background and dancing.

I hope your may wedding goes great! Ancient goddess worshiping religions thought that marriages in May were particularly blessed and that women in may had an extra measure of goddess in them! Many May brides would wear a wreath of flowers in her hair on her wedding day!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  1:15:02 PM  Show Profile
thanks for the encouragement! ill let you all know how it turns out.

Karen ^_^

www.miss2missus.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  9:22:19 PM  Show Profile
Karen, you can do it! Just one more month. Nothing to it. It sounds like you have it all under controll. You're a woman and you can do several things all at once. So you go girl! I am so happy for you! Good to see you back too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Quick catch up Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page