1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  4:34:23 PM  Show Profile
Screen doors that is, which do you have?Mine on the front and back doors are wood, my kitchen pantry also has a wooden screen door on it, for better light, air circulation and keep the critters out,lol.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  4:36:54 PM  Show Profile
My front screen door (my only screen door) is metal but I prefer wood--I like the sound it makes when it slams shut.
Cindy
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  4:42:49 PM  Show Profile
If I had any screen doors, they would be wood, and if I ever get them, they WILL be wood!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  5:18:21 PM  Show Profile
We have metal, but I would like to have wood!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.wakeupstartlearning.blogspot.com
www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  5:21:27 PM  Show Profile
We have a dying metal screen door that I'll be replacing this spring...I'm going to try and get a nice wooden one to replace it with!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  5:21:39 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I love wood doors and that is what we have. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  6:09:55 PM  Show Profile
We have one wooden one the back screened in porch and the other one is solid glass on the front door. I would love to replace it with a nice wooden one that had heavy duty screen in it. I really don't like the lightweight nylon screen that seems to come with everything these days.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  7:59:28 PM  Show Profile
screen doors and i don't get along. when i was little i ran though quite a few. many wood ones, and one metal (i was following someone else out and the door latched shut) i kinda like both now, but metal for the front and screen for the back

Karen ^_^

www.miss2missus.com
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  05:48:48 AM  Show Profile
One of our front doors and the back door have metal screen doors. I would like wood as well. I think we will have to replace the back door this year, so hopefully we'll start with that one for wood.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  07:59:25 AM  Show Profile
I have wood screen doors which my husband made. We live in a log home so metal screen doors would look out of place. The screen doors are only half, though, and he puts plexi-glass in the screen part during the winter.

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  10:23:52 AM  Show Profile
I have metal but I would of loved a wooden door the upside to metal is I can hide the screen inside the door in the winter and hide the glass in the door in the summer.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  10:58:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
Ours is wood! We can get away with that here in the high desert because the house faces north and we have a 10-foot deep porch! :)

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  11:41:07 AM  Show Profile
At home we have metal, but at the camp we have wooden. And,, like Prairiehawk, I absolutely love to hear the wooden screen door shut. I love that sound.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  2:47:43 PM  Show Profile
In the front we have one of those Forever screen doors. I It has a screen then a window that slides up for rain or cold weather. It has been really good, I like it. It is a heavy door. It is white with brass brass lift up lever opener and we have a hunter green metal door with brass and frosted glasses in it. The back door is a cottage type that I love it looks like a ginger bread screen door. It is vinyl covered something lol!

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

patchworkpeace
True Blue Farmgirl

478 Posts

Judy
Jackson Michigan
USA
478 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  3:38:05 PM  Show Profile
We have a metal one for the back door and a wood one on the sunroom. I like the wood best though.

Judy

Success is measured not by the position one reaches but by the obstacles one has to overcome to reach it. Booker T. Washington
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  5:08:01 PM  Show Profile
We don't have screen doors anymore. We had lots of work done on this house and had all new windows put in so the doors are the full glass doors. I wish we had screen doors but with 6 cats screens do not last around here.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  6:03:35 PM  Show Profile
Mine on the front door is wood. I LOVE it. Kitchen door has a crummy metal one..hopefully it will be replaced with a wood one this summer.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Wood or Metal........ Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page