smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  4:53:30 PM  Show Profile
Is anyone into scrap booking? I am working on geneology scrapbooks now. One for each of our parents. I have finished my mothers and even have pics from my great grandfather and his brother that was born in 1812. When I was a young girl I would write down the stories my grandfather told and save them. Now I have typed them up and put them next to the photos of these people. It shows our children their heritage and is so addictive

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  08:38:51 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I bet these are great. I scrap here and there. I have the first year pics done. Other than that, they are in a box for later!!!

Have a blessed day.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  09:46:49 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I do scrapbook, however I'm soooooo far behind. I have done several of our family and other activities. Inherited all the photo albums, memorabilia from my parents after my dad died (mom has passed away 3 years earlier) and am supposed to scrapbook all that stuff. Did tear apart all my moms photo albums that were those icky magnetic things and sort the pics, purchased some supplies but that's as far as that has gotten. I have gotten really behind in my own stuff and have a huge box of things to scrapbook.
I am busy with papercrafting projects . . .I make cards to sell and am in the middle of getting my inventory built back up. I also do journals and other books such as baby books, etc. So the papercrafting still takes place.
I have a regular full-time job so my time is limited . . . I also sew, make some jewelry and do a lot of repurposing.
Anyway . . that ya' have it in a nutshell.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  11:23:10 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I love to scrapbook but like CJ said, I am sooo behind!! I will have to get busy this summer. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  11:30:20 AM  Show Profile
I love to scrapbook! It can keep me very busy just keeping up with the grandkids. I did make one for my oldest grandson when he graduation. He and his friends loved it. I will be having 2 graduate 2012 and I told their mothers I need things to start on so I'm not rushing like I did before. I start from birth right up graduation. I even have the pages finished to add pictures of graduation and party. So that is one big project I will begin. My problem is I really get carried away with laying out the details and it can be very costly. But I do enjoy it and love to see their reaction.

Blessings, Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  3:41:47 PM  Show Profile
I would love to start a scrapbook. I think I might start this summer, starting with 8th grade graduation, then all my high school experiences. My Mom used to scrapbook; she made one for my grandparents' 35th wedding anniversary. She found pictures of them on their first date:) It was so cute! But I would love to start scrapbooking.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

missgive
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Kim
Blairsville Georgia
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  2:36:03 PM  Show Profile
I am an avid scrapbooker and teach classes in it. I have even suggested a merit badge for both scrapbooking and photography be added for the Farmgirl sisterhood! Would love to help in anyway I can - I have been teaching for a lot of years and just completed a heritage album for my parents last Christmas... always adding to it....

Kim

Kim (aka missgive)
Proud Farmgirl Sister #927
A Farmgirl Sister headed for my mountain home and farm in 2010.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic scrapbooking Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page