Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  8:56:52 PM  Show Profile
I have had a very family sort of day today. If they are all like this one I may not survive. My youngest daughter called me first thing this morning to tell me that her and her sister's apartment was flooded in the kitchen. Then I was hemming a pair of pants for my other daughters significant other (Cliff) and my sewing machine broke. It is bad may not be able to be fixed. Then I got a call from my father's wife telling me that she was taking him to the emergency room because he has been disoriented for a few days and today he fell and banged his head and needed stitches at the very least, she called later to tell me that he is worse but they won't let anyone in to see him because they don't know what is wrong. She is with him and keeping us up to date. Then we found that our Great Dane (who had a fight with my daughters Great Dane the other day) has an abscess from one of the bites she got. Then I called my Mom to talk to my Brother to tell him about my Dad and Mom tells me he (my brother) is so sick he hasn't been out of bed for several day. He has been having health problems for a few years and apparently they are getting much worse. I think I have had enough of family for one day. I love them all but I need some rest. Will be at the hospital in the morning first thing to see how things are there.
Just needed to get that all out.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  9:36:03 PM  Show Profile
Oh my! That's a lot to deal with in one day! I will say a prayer for you and your relatives that you all feel better soon. As for your sewing machine, there are sometimes vintage models available at resale stores for a reasonable price. I really hope things are better for you soon.
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  04:01:27 AM  Show Profile
If it doesn't rain it pours. Prayers out to you and yours.

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  11:58:43 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Prayers send deary!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  12:49:30 PM  Show Profile
Hope all goes well, and everyone gets better! Caol

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  4:40:56 PM  Show Profile
I spent the day at the hospital and Dad is getting weaker and weaker and more and more confused. His wife is getting really tired but she is the only one that seems to be able to calm him when he gets agitated which is about every 10 minutes. They couldn't get the MRI or the lumbar puncture done because they couldn't make him be still. They did try to sedate him but that seemed to make him worse. My daughter checked the thrift stores for me looking for a sewing machine but no joy there. My youngest daughter has a boyfriend that we had to get a restraining order on and she called today to tell me that he has found her. I was a the hospital when she called. We moved her and her sister last Christmas to get her away from him. Yup, when it rains it pours.

Farmgirl Sister 572

Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  6:26:16 PM  Show Profile
Beth, I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time right now! I will keep you in my thoughts. Please keep us updated!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.wakeupstartlearning.blogspot.com
www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  6:53:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh Beth, bless your heart! They say that the Lord gives us no more than we can handle. But it sure seems like it at times. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayer's. I do expecially pray that you will be able to find a way to keep your daugher safe. Has the police been noified that he has found her? Prayer's are on the way for all of you. Let us know how everything is going.
Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  05:37:19 AM  Show Profile
Beth,
You are in my prayers. Hope all works out.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  08:30:12 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Lots of prayers to you.

It must be the full moon. We had a terrible day here yesterday.

But it will be ok.

God Bless

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  10:25:30 AM  Show Profile
Beth, you surely have a lot on your plate just now. You and your family are in my prayers. I hope things get better for you very soon. Hug!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  07:51:33 AM  Show Profile
Well, I have an update. We tried again yesterday for over an hour and still didn't get the lumbar puncture on Dad. They didn't even try the MRI again after that. So they are going to do it under general anesthesia next week. On the way home from the hospital I wrecked my truck. I love that truck, have had it for 9 years and it is still a great truck.
My other daughter contacted the police to let them know that the boyfriend had found her sister. They also contacted the security guard (a police man who lives at the complex). I have always heard that God won't give us more than we can handle. Sometime I wish he didn't think I was so strong.

Farmgirl Sister 572

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  07:59:05 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
OMG Are you ok? It is a shame about the truck too. But if you are ok, it doesn't really matter.

Love and prayers to you.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  3:09:27 PM  Show Profile
oh Beth, I'm so sorry things are so difficult right now. sending healing and calming energies your way. are you ok after the accident?? keeping you in my thoughts. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  5:14:28 PM  Show Profile
I am ok, my chest feels like I have been kicked by a horse but I am not sure it that is the truck wreck or my Dad kicking me in my chest with his knees every time the poked the needle in his back. The air bag hit me in the exact same spot. He was doing better when I got there today. He was eating on his own for the first time since Tuesday.
They still haven't told us if the truck is going to be fixed or if they are going to total it out.
Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers.

Farmgirl Sister 572

Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Family Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page