Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Stopped by the thrift... Next Topic  

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  1:23:57 PM  Show Profile
And found a "woman's household" magazine from 1978...can you believe ....10 cents!
Wow! yesterday it was pattern heaven! and today this!
It has some wonderful crochet edging patterns...just what I was looking for with my farmgirl bandana project! and recipes and some just vintage goodness! Then there are the vintage square dance patterns that I'm going to re-process into long country dresses with a little ingenuity. Some beautiful lace and two ceramic pieces that are destined for pin keeper art

I'm easily amused

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  1:37:06 PM  Show Profile
...awesome find!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  2:06:07 PM  Show Profile
Great find! I am jealous of everyone's thrift finds. All we have is Salvation Army and Goodwill. Goodwill never has anything and it's really small. Salvation Army here is run by people who are absolutely insane with their prices. In fact, I'm almost positive that there is a nothing under $1 policy there because I have seen the silliest things priced at a dollar (a plastic straw? A single ceramic egg?) I've never once seen anything under $1. And even their large things are outrageous sometimes. Just last week I went walking by a shelf of books. I never look at books, but this time I saw a classic that caught my eye. It was an older copy, so I thought it would be something cool to have on my book shelf. They wanted $10 for it! And I've seen 1970's old entertainment centers priced really high too, like $200. Really? Salvation Army...you're not an antique shop. You're not trying to make a killing off of donated items, you're just trying to sell them to make money for charity. I thought maybe that was the way all SA's were, but I recently went to one about an hour away and I saw a fairly new entertainment center there that was being sold for $25. So, for me, I just go there to get clothes for my kids that are half price because the tag is a certain color. Even their clothes are kinda $$$ for the Salvation Army. $3 for children's tees...not new either.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  2:32:52 PM  Show Profile
I have noticed that also. Our little SA is high priced. Baby clothes 3 and 4 dollars a piece. And I think at the Goodwill the prices are a little better but not really good stuff. Can the employees get first pick? I still love thrift stores and would rather shop there but really, lower the prices a bit please.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  12:00:27 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That is a really great find Annika!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  11:14:36 AM  Show Profile
Those of us who are easily amused are so lucky. How nice that you found just what you needed! That is the thrill of being thrifty, you never knowo what is lurking out there until you investigate.....

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  12:03:13 PM  Show Profile
hey can you check around and see if you find my debit card? I can not believe that I have lost it. Just kidding kind of. I really have lost it.
delicia
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Stopped by the thrift... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page