Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution--anyone watching?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution--anyone watching? Next Topic
Page: of 6

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  07:19:13 AM  Show Profile
I'm very excited about this show, because I've been a "follower" of Jamie's for a very long time. His approach to food is gloriously simple, fresh, full of flavor and healthy to boot. His approach to helping others is even better. His restaurant, 15, in London employs streetwise kids and teaches them culinary skills, business skills and sets them up for life with careers in the culinary field.

This show takes place in West Virginia, and deals with school lunches, and a childhood obesity rate that is off the charts. I'd like for him to come to Kentucky, next, where it's a very similar story. Whenever I view the public school's menu's in our community press paper, I'm shocked. They really haven't changed since I was in primary school (1977) and it's all overprocessed pre-fab food.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  07:29:03 AM  Show Profile
I've seen previews for it. It looks like a great show. Has it already started?

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  07:45:24 AM  Show Profile
It's this evening, Siobhan, you should give it a shot. I'm not much for reality tv, but this one, I'll watch!

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  08:46:19 AM  Show Profile
I will be watching that tonight. I am really interested in all this. It's amazing what kids will eat and not even know what's in it. But show them a fresh vegetable and they don't know what it is. So sad. I can say that my kids always ate good form our gardens when they were growing up and now my grandkids do too. I am very proud of them all for helping and being interested in where their food comes from. They even help out with butchering chickens and gathering eggs and even milking the goats. I would love to have groups come here to learn. I want to check into doing that.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

AlyssaMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

AlyssaMarie
Palouse Washington
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  08:48:43 AM  Show Profile
Saw the first preview episode on HULU. LOVED IT!!! Love what he's doing! I hope we can have a food revolution in this country it is sorely needed!

AlyssaMarie @ Link'd Hearts Ranch
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  08:49:27 AM  Show Profile
My D-in-law told me about it first, then my Daughter(she is a middle school teacher), I think anyone who has children should watch it, it just kills me to see the way families eat, especialy children. When I heard several years ago that the #1 toddler finger food was McDonalds french frys, I thought then this countrys children eating habits are going down the drain. I know not all families are capable of raiseing/growing their own food, but feeding them only prepared, frozen and fast food is a crime in my book.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  09:05:32 AM  Show Profile
I'm set to record it tonight - I think it will be a great show. My son's school hosts events at the local fast food chain and I think it is such a shame.

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Crochet Geek, Newbie Fiddler, Would-be Farmer, Backyard Chicken Rancher, Eager Podcaster
http://beesinourbonnetsintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Podcasts at http://thefannyfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  09:31:59 AM  Show Profile
I'm so glad to hear that you girls will be watching. I know Violet is just a year old, but I worry so often about her finicky pallet. I hope that with age, and as she grows, helping me in the garden, that she will learn to love fresh food, good food. Then I guess I'll have to simply pack her lunch :)

We have some good friends who's youngest son refuses to eat the lunches his mom packs for him--she is a vegetarian, though noone else in the family is, and packs healthy fruits, vege's, sammies, etc...with innovative flavors, but he conveniently "leaves" his lunch on the bus or in his locker, and they keep getting "bills" from the school for his lunch that they front! He actually prefers school junk lunch over her healthy food.

Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  09:59:44 AM  Show Profile
http://abc.go.com/watch/jamie-olivers-food-revolution/250784/254757/episode-101?cid=fullepisodeaccess

The first episode is on-line :-)

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  10:21:18 AM  Show Profile
Unfortunately, a lot of these kids are eating what the adults in their lives are putting in front of them - parents, grandparents, schools, etc. My husband and I were discussing that the other night and the fact that generations before us ate 3 meals a day and didn't "graze" or snack all of the time. Also, if we would quit popping off about how people are supposed to look, I think that would help. I've noticed with girls that if you keep telling them how they are "supposed" to look (actresses, cover girls, models, etc.) then they either don't eat, binge and purge, or stuff themselves until they are obese. I am 5'9" and I do not weigh 120 pounds and wear a size 2 - that is ludicrous. If I did, I would look like a walking skeleton. I've been doing Weight Watchers because I did get a little pudgy - I quit smoking, menopause, thyroid - and I weigh more than 150. At my physical I mentioned something about losing another 20 pounds (which would put me at about 150) and my doctor said I didn't need to, that I was fine the way I am. So why do I feel like a fat pig?

I cannot wait to see this show. I do feed most of my grandkids differently than their parents do. I have one daughter who does feed her child in a good way and I am so proud of her. But I want to do it better. My older girl gets aggravated when the kids want to eat what granny fixes them because it takes a little longer. But guess what, who cares? The kids' health comes first.

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  11:29:06 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, I just watched the first episode. Thank you Karen for the link. I just cried through the whole thing. How sad. He is up against alot of people set in their ways for sure. I want to start making all my granddaughter's lunches now. I won't even eat this stuff. And after watching the guy on Bonnie Hunt this morning talking about all the fast food places and all the ingredients in the stuff they serve, I don't want to ever eat out again. (His name is David Zinczenko. He wrote a book called Cook This Not That) I am just sick. I can't believe that there are so many different things that can be put in one single item and half of them I don't even know how to say. And to put cleaning products in there also is disgusting. There are 49 ingredients in chicken fries alone. This guy said that in 500 years we would not be here but processed food would be. Micheal Pollan has a Twinkie he's had for 2 years now and it's still as soft and squishy as the day he bought it. How sad is that? Oh, how did we get this way? What happened? Is it just so easy to open a box as it is to make something fresh anymore? And really, if you didn't buy all the junk food and bought good healthy fresh foods you would spend just as much.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  11:57:37 AM  Show Profile
Kris, we've done a lot of talking and business together to know that I'm so with you on this. As soon as MJ wrote about "perimeter" grocery shopping, I was all over that. Now with Jamie's Food Revolution, you can bet your bippy that I'm gonna be tooting about this topic at Farmers Mkts and on my site/blog.
everybody wants convenience....well since when is being sick, and obses a convenience? Seems to me if everyone changed their ways, maybe our health issues would shift. Not here to start a debate about healthcare or issues...I am just adamant about fresh food. And making your own food. This 'passion' got my business started and what has pulled me through my first year of business.... I cannot wait! So excited to start my own local food revolution!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Maven
http://www.harvestthymefarm.vpweb.com
www.onefunkyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
~If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!~
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  12:01:08 PM  Show Profile
I'm not watching it until this evening, so no spoilers, girls :)

Believe it or not, I've even had my mother sortof "scoff" at me for saying that Violet won't eat a "Happy Meal" if i can help it. She rolls her eyes and gives me this "whatever" look. She also got irritated with me when I got after her for giving Violet a sip of Coke from her straw...um, she's not even ONE, why would she need to know what Coke is? Oddly enough, my mother eats healthily, and is a size 4 and tiny framed--she thinks that a "little" bit can't hurt. I was a ballerina, and though I had a somewhat bent idea of what I was supposed to look like, I've always eaten healthily, and allowed myself a splurge now and again.

I can't remember which of you wrote it, but I grew up eating 3 meals a day, with very little snacking (mostly, I was allowed a bowl of ice cream after supper occasionally) but having a baby has opened my eyes to the "carpool" mentality where, it seems (or we're led to believe) that we should all eat in the car for convenience, to fend off boredom, to stop a child from crying...whatever, regardless of where we're going. Car seats come with built in sippy-cup holders and snack traps, people are always carrying around something for their little ones to chomp on. I honestly don't know how I survived without eating in the car all these years!!!! We didn't eat anywhere BUT the kitchen table. I joke with my husband that all these kids eating in cars while on the way to multiple activities, or picking up big brother from soccer is a "moving violation"!!!

Kentucky ranks 49th in Obesity and diabetes...and it doesn't surprise me on any level that a child wouldn't know a tomato from a potato...I've even had a teenage clerk at the grocery ask me what a piece of fruit was going across the conveyor...

Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  2:45:41 PM  Show Profile
Uhm, Jonni...Just yesterday I sent my husband a copy of an ad from the 1950's (I think) that was promoting cola for infants. Seriously! It was published by the Soda Pop Board of America out of Chicago.

"How soon is too soon? Not soon enough. Laboratory tests over the last few years have proven that babies who start drinking soda during that formative period have a much higher chance of gaining acceptance and "fitting in" during those awkard pre-teen and teen years. So, do yourself a favor. Do your child a favor. Start them on a strict regimen of sodas and other sugary carbonated beverages right now, for a lifetime of guaranteed happiness"
I must say I love my Coke but I am a little put off that I drink something that the makers (at one time)thought ok for wee ones. Substitute in this ad anything (anything!) not good for us and the outcome is still the same - Wrong Wrong Wrong. I have to wonder how many people bought into this???? It is a rather sobering fact that our morals/ideals of 'we are what we eat' did not start going wrong recently. We as a nation have been on a slow decline for 50 or more years. Jamie Oliver is just one man in one community and he is up against a wall there (no spoilers) that is mighty thick. Think of our nation as a whole...REALLY thick wall :-)

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  8:35:19 PM  Show Profile
I just caught a few minutes of this program and that was enough, HOW many kids had chicken nuggets for supper the night before, and then again for lunch the next day!!!! Have some neighbors down the road who had their "daugher in law", and two grandkids for about 6 mos., that's all those kids ate, chicken nuggets and fries, none of them, including mom, liked anything fresh, or homemade, or anything at all that was good for them. I say "shame on mom".

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  05:59:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
Okay, caught most of this last night (made DH quit flipping the channels when I saw it!) How SAD is this!! I can't believe how many of those kids didn't know what a potato was! We need to fix this, just wish I knew how! This fast-food/convenience mentality has become so ingrained into our society that it would be difficult to change.

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  07:18:12 AM  Show Profile
I gave up TV for Lent, so I was unable to watch the show last night. Hoping that there will be a rerun of it this summer or maybe I can go to my moms and watch it on the computer as I have dial up and it will never download here! I really think the problem starts at home, but the schools really need to help with educating children on proper eating and that includes getting rid of the garbage they serve in the cafeteria. Yesterday I was standing in line at WalMart listening to the checker and customer compare which potato soup mix is better- Hello! It is not that difficult to make potato soup, it just takes a few extra minutes out of your life. Then the checker continued on how she had to run back to the store for a box of cornbread mix. In my opinion every child should have to take cooking 101 in school. If they at least knew how to cook the basics, maybe they wouldn't eat out of a can or box when they are spending all that time at home alone! By the way my DIL (21yo) was taking a class at college and told me she was the only one in class who knew where a potato came from, most of the other students thought they grew on trees. Everyone thought she was pretty cool for having spent time helping me dig them out of the ground this last year. Go figure?

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  07:41:14 AM  Show Profile
I just feel so sorry for Jamie. He really is up against a very big wall. But he did make a little progress. If the kids don't have a choice and are given the right foods, they will eat if they are hungry. I think kids are given way too many choices these days. I was glad to see they gave the kids extra time and incentives for at least trying the "new" food at lunch. And I was very glad to see the teacher who went the extra mile and taught her students what all those strange looking things were that they were eating. Good for her!!! Who would even think that a child wouldn't know what a potato is.

Jamie was on Oprah yesterday. They showed a clip of him taking the radio guy to a mortuary to show him the "super-sized" caskets they are having to make now. I was even shocked to see them. They are like king size beds. They can't fit through regular doors without being turned sideways. They have to use a forklift to move them. How sad is that? And they are charged DOUBLE for plots too. Well, the guy quickly changed his tune.

Lillian, I can't stand to go to the grocery store. It makes me sad and sick to see what is in people's buggies. And they all say they can't afford to buy good real organic local foods. Yes they can! If they did not spend money on all that junk they could eat real good. And be full to boot. There are no empty wasted calories in good real food. And our farmer's market is taking WIC and food stamps. The food stamps are even double. So ther eis no excuse to get good fresh veggies.

Oh my goodness, I could go on and on here. So sorry. But like Dawn, this is a sore spot for me. I remember last year at the farmer's market. There was a mother with her son about 6 I guess. I was trying to get him to try a raw green bean. His mom kept telling HIM he wouldn't like it. He never did try it. I wanted to slap her. Every other kid had tried them and liked them. But he will probably always be a picky eater because of his mother. I do blame alot on the parents. Kids eat what is put in front of them. So they eat it. Just like in school. They eat what's it put on their trays. Or not. I was sickened at all the wasted food. Just disgusted. We are very wasteful people here. Even my own kids and grands.

But if people are shown there is a better way they just might change. I sure hope the family that Jamie's trying to help will change. Poor little 4 year old girl was bigger than my 8 year old granddaughter. She couldn't jump up on the doctor's table. I can't wait to see the rest. And I hope he shows them all how to plant a garden. Wouldn't that be something?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  08:54:47 AM  Show Profile
I'm going through my pantry today!!! For some time now I've been saying we are going to change the way we eat. But it still shows up when I unload the grocery's. I'd be happy with veggies and fruit. Not much for meat! Just bought a Vegetarian cookbook. The receipes sound pretty good. I do agree that this is the problem with all our health issues. Let's team together girls and get rid of all the garbage that is killing us. I can't even imagine how Jamie is going to get through to everyone sit in their ways.

Blessings, Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  10:03:42 AM  Show Profile
I put a lot of blame on our governments. If they'd spend less time harassing small farmers and more time harassing food "manufacturers", we'd all be better off. Half of what is in grocery stores should have to have "non-food" labels! Ever go into a grocery store on a Sunday aft and watch what some people buy for their kid's lunches for the week? Appalling!
I watched one mother (and I use the term loosely) one afternoon buying a gallon jug of choc. milk, a box of cake donuts and a frozen pizza. She was accompanied by a young girl about 4 or 5 that was so grossly obese she waddled. I just wanted to slap her! Does she have no conscience or is she just lazy or? What could she possibly be thinking??
I'll stop my rant - this is a subject that I can really get on a roll with! :)
Go Jamie, I wish you success with that brick wall you're up against!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  11:23:28 AM  Show Profile
Hey ya'll. I am not promoting Oprah at all here but if you go to www.oprah.com she has a link you can go to and sign Jamie Oliver's patition to change the way America eats. He want to take it to the White House when the series is finished. I think it was filmed last fall. Anyway, please go and sign the petition.

Also lots of really good recipes. He did 3 easy simple recipes yesterday for chicken fingers, greens and mashed potatoes. I am going to try them all. And there are links to other recipes and hints to change your pantry and what's in your kitchen. Just thought I'd share this. Again, I am not promoting Oprah here. Just thought you all would want to see what he did yesterday on her show.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  1:31:01 PM  Show Profile
I am with you Kris - to believe that now supersize caskets are a growiong business - about l/3 of their departed require this services just made me cry. I must admit I have watched the show with horror at the way he was being treated by folks - all he wanted to do is help but isn't that they way most of the time. I also can not understand why folks are not taking the time to really understant what they are putting in the bodies and those of their children. I lobbied and protested the way school treat food, in schools since my sons where in preschool - they are now grown and still those lessons have stayed with them.. In fact they are the first to cook themselves something from organic scratch then to purchase something prepackaged. I could not believe when the kids did not know what a tomato or potato was - I found myself screaming at the TV - where are the parents in all this - I am sure the kid can work the DVD player or dial a cell phone but that none of them could name on veggie was just SICK!!! I hate that this has to be a TV reality show but I guess that is the only way we get folks attention anymore.

My hat and heart is to Jamie and hope that this might wake up a few folks - I hate to sound like a nutter but I really did not understand how those kids would eat the so called chicken nuggests after they had seen that they where anything but the real part of the chickens - have we really lost that many brain cells. Hate to rant but I just do not get where are folks focusing their time and attention when it comes to their children. O.K. I will calm down but I sure hope this does become a revolution.

Thanks for starting this thread - I thought I was the only one who thought this is about time - Wake up America we have been sold down the river and it is our own fault.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  1:54:17 PM  Show Profile
I agree with you Grace and everyone else as well. I was also shocked that the kids didn't know how to use utensils when they ate. How can a school age child not know how to use utensils? My kids snacked on raw foods when they were young. My husband was Chinese so we ate a lot of crisp cooked veggies and little meat. Both my kids still want fresh food. My daughter in NY cooks for her friends and they are so impressed. I used to say to the kids when they would whine about how long it was taking to get supper on the table "real food takes time". They were rarely sick growing up. I say Kudos to Jamie Oliver and I hope he is successful where others have failed.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  10:11:43 AM  Show Profile
I've watched parts of this show twice when it was on. It seems that the section where he shows how chicken nuggets are made has made an impact on me. Since my surgery there are few things that I can eat without having problems. A chicken breast patty is one of those foods and usually several mornings a week if not all weekdays I will get one at the store down the road and have it for breakfast. My husband was going to get gas for the mower this morning and I asked him to buy one for me to eat before church. I took one bite and it tasted funny and felt funny in my mouth. I remembered that show and how he took the 'spare' parts of the chicken to make those nuggets and it hit me! Yuck! Now it might seem naive of me for not figuring it out sooner. But I honestly thought that it was pure chicken breast with a breaded coating. I will not have that again. So, in my case it might have put that seed in my head. To eat healthier in that respect. I hope others will watch and start thinking more about what they eat.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  12:16:56 PM  Show Profile
I feel like I'm in the beginning stages of the Heirloom thing all over again. Almost 2 years ago a bunch of farmgirls were having a chat like this about heirloom vegetables and we started a chapter. I was honored to be the Hencho. All of the Mavens, every singe one the them made a pledge to plant heirlooms only in their gardens and educate other about them. We are passionate about what we believe.

If you are passionate about this, show it. Tell it. Do it. Teach it. Walk the walk girls!

All it takes is a grass roots organization to garner attention. There's power in numbers. I personally love what Jamie is attempting to do. Can you imagine his thrill if he knew there was a bunch of farmgirls that backed him up? This is the first TV that I think is productive tv. I have samples at all my FM's and encourage taste testing. Even if it means slicing into another tomato 5 minutes proir to shut down. It's all about educating in a positive fun way!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Maven
http://www.harvestthymefarm.vpweb.com
www.onefunkyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
~If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!~
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  12:21:13 PM  Show Profile
I'm glad he's bringing awareness to the public. I think our western society is so brainwashed that we "need" these convenience foods that it's what we shop for.

I know sometimes we do think it's easier just to get a pizza from the store, but in the long run we can still make a very healthy dinner in the same time it takes for that toaster pizza to heat up.

It is very sad that kids can't recognize fresh produce and that ones who regulate what a cafeteria can serve considereds deep fried french fries a vegetable.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution--anyone watching? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page