jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  04:48:45 AM  Show Profile
Yea!!! You lucky girl. It sounds like heaven.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  05:23:01 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations on the new place and a lot of work to come. I know about buying and selling right now and all things that can happen. We are selling a house. The home inspection found and noted things no one sees or know about in the house. Septic was fine. termite was fine, but they said they found a fungus. who knows so that had to be done $700 more. Then the closing we were to sign our papers on the 21 of this month. The buyers bank did not have all their paperwork together so our part was one day late. Then the buyer could not sign on the 23 for their bank still did not have all their paperwork together so now we have to go back and sign papers to change the closing date. Then it will still be more days until we can get our check from the sell. I do hope that all is fine and going well. I do know how good it is to have a good peace of land to work with. We have two acres on the out skirts of Williamsburg. Please keep us posted and up to date. My dh and I are traveling the north west this year setting out on May 13th for Seattle Washington and you are on the way would love to see you and your new place if you are up to it we will more then likley be in your area in mid to late June. Sister Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

AliciaNak
True Blue Farmgirl

405 Posts

Alicia
Elko Nevada
USA
405 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  06:52:47 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Brenda!
Just remember that patience is virtue when dealing with the banks and closing and signing and all the fun that goes with it. Our closing/paperwork got to the point that we were calling our banker dude just about every day to make sure we stayed on track. It really felt like we were his first mortgage deal, all the little things/inspections and transferring of paperwork that took waaayyy too long. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that all goes well with your inspections! :)

Alicia
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
www.blondenak.blogspot.com
www.artfire.com/users/BlondeNakCreations
Go to Top of Page

Twinsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Debbie
Wyoming
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  08:33:44 AM  Show Profile
Brenda,

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your family. It will be fun to see pictures.

Twinsmom
Go to Top of Page

sewsweet
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Carol

Canada
172 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  08:57:29 AM  Show Profile
Brenda,
Congratulations on your new home! How exciting to be able to attain your dream like that. Kudos to you!

Blessings,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #1191
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  12:52:50 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Brenda!!! How exciting :) Sounds like it was worth the wait, God is good! I cannot wait to see pictures before and after. I am very happy for you!

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  8:08:33 PM  Show Profile
Well, girls, I think the worst is done . . . passed the septic and drain field inspection . . . it is a small septic, so will need pumped every two years, but nothing seems wrong. And then spent the last two days trying to figure out the best way to go about the whole loan/mortgage thing . . . buy downs, etc. get so confusing, but I think we are somewhat on the right path now. The last hurdle is making sure it will be able to be insured for a decent rate. Sometimes house this old can cost a bit, because of old wiring, plumbing, etc. but most of this has been redone, so hopefully it will be reasonable. It was a strange way to spend my birthday . . . talking finances and septics! LOL! But what an amazing birthday gift!!

And, yes, Lilly . . . please come visit. Hopefully we won't be in San Francisco the same time as you come our way . . . we are gone from June 20th -27th. A mission trip to San Francisco setting up a soup kitchen! Gotta love it!! But if we are in town, I would love to have a farmgirl visit!

Hugs & Blessings,

Brenda

Come visit my blog at http.//www.pastblessings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  9:06:41 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations Brenda!! And a very Happy Birthday to you too!!!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360
http://oldethymecountry.secure2cart.com/
http://oldethymecountrybarn.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

remembrance farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Cheryl
"Remembrance Farm" Ky
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  07:55:54 AM  Show Profile
Congrats Brenda! It sounds like such an exciting adventure.....you may find many treasures from the past..that alone gives me chills....hehehhe
Good Luck!
Cheryl

I will work harder!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic We Bought The Farm!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page