Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Quilt Block Swap - Closed- Blocks returned
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Quilt Block Swap - Closed- Blocks returned Next Topic
Page: of 9

mamashaw
True Blue Farmgirl

268 Posts

Annette
Cahokia IL
USA
268 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  07:30:49 AM  Show Profile
Anna, Wow.. really?
Those of us who are not "professional" quilters apologize for insulting you. At some point in your quilting career you made a 4 patch and were very pleased with yourself and by the way handmade does not mean perfect every time.
I agree with Heather, you were hurtful and rude. I am sure in your haste to point out your dissapointment you have left several sisters with a very sour taste in their mouths and have accomplished the exact oppisite of what MJF was trying to create. Shame on you.

with points that didn't match up

someplace between lost and found
annette FS#1372

not all who wander are lost
Go to Top of Page

mamashaw
True Blue Farmgirl

268 Posts

Annette
Cahokia IL
USA
268 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  07:38:36 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Heather for reminding us of the "Red quilt squares picture" posting. I too, am thankful for ALL the beautiful blocks I recieved, as soon as I decide on sashing I will proudly display the finished quilt on the bak of my couch and I promise it will get used and loved for its uniqueness and warmth on a cold day.

someplace between lost and found
annette FS#1372

not all who wander are lost
Go to Top of Page

Ann Bernadette
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Ann
Hiawattha KS
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  09:42:22 AM  Show Profile
After reading some of these posts I have a huge sad feeling in the pit of my stomach. I was not aware that any of my posts were hurtful and I am sorry if I at all offended anyone in anyway. That was certainly not my intent. I very much enjoyed the last swap and put a lot of love into my blocks I shared w/ the group and do not recall being rude and hurtful. I do ask for your forgiveness and will withdraw from the group, as this form of friendship may not be for me due to the risk of misinterpretation of posts. Good luck to all the quilters, it is a lovely pastime and skill.

Ann Bernadette ~ Farmgirl #847
"It's not the heights you come from that count; it's the depths you reach."
. . . from "New Mercies" by Sandra Dallas
Go to Top of Page

urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  10:36:25 AM  Show Profile
Ann Bernadette, I emailed you privately because I wanted to be sure you read it, but those comments were NOT addressed toward you. Don't feel bad hon!! I wish I was there to give you a big hug and force feel you chocolate, my personal answer to woe LOL.

While the original comment made was indeed hurtful to many, I think it has been addressed with appropriate tact (indeed more than I could personally muster, which is why I did not address it because I know my hot-headedness isn't appropriate for online lol) but we need to move on and perhaps learn from it. The internet is so hard to communicate sometimes, with no body language or ability to immediately rectify when necessary. We do so much of that in real life without realizing it, but it's impossible when we all read these comments at different times and in different surroundings, etc. While the poster has every right to feel however she feels, I do not think from her other activity on this forum that she intended to be or even realized how hurtful she was, and I am sure all have learned to think a bit more before publicly posting something like that. All swapping I have ever seen online is predicated on many different levels of expertise, challenge, and ability and comes with an expected range that not everyone realizes until they participate. Yes, some will be disappointed at times but that is the nature of it all. Most will be delighted always with whatever honest attempts are made, and those are the ones that return time after time. I love all you guys even though I have only recently joined your ranks, and would hate for any unpleasantness to fester. So lets ALL have some chocolate roflol, send out *BIG HUG* vibes to each other, and move on. We have crafting to do!!!!

Catherine
Farmgirl #1370
City Girl By Birth,
Suburbanite By Location,
Farmgirl at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Heather B
True Blue Farmgirl

562 Posts

Heather
Longmont Colorado
USA
562 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  11:59:54 AM  Show Profile
I agree Cathrine!It's over and we should move on. The chocolate sounds wonderful!
And Ann Bernadette you did not offend you are fine!

HUGS to ALL!

Heather

http://homesteadincity.blogspot.com/

"Only your real friends tell you when your face is dirty"
Farm Girl Sister #662
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2010 :  11:58:43 AM  Show Profile
I love all the blocks I recieved, and I'm really grateful to have
found like minded women to share my quilting bug. This forum has helped
me get back into sewing and crafting, and is just fun, thank you all!
Debbie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Quilt Block Swap - Closed- Blocks returned Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page