Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What's the "poop" on Acai Berry Capsules?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What's the "poop" on Acai Berry Capsules? Next Topic  

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  4:27:11 PM  Show Profile
Anyone taking this? Have you noticed anything beneficial?

Talk to me ladies....

"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com
www.andsewitgoes.etsy.com

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  4:30:44 PM  Show Profile
Melody, I'm wondering about them too? do they work or is it a scam? Curiosity is killing this cat =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  5:22:21 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
I have been on them for two weeks with the cleans program as well. Not much happened week one just a few pounds now on week 2 I started a diet as well and it is coming off. I will start walking and riding my bike next week with it. I was up 165 lbs. now down to 158. Not much but it gives me hope. I can say the pill does give you more energy. I might add I am 56 years young as well. So I think there is hope. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  5:48:03 PM  Show Profile
I know that they are supposed to aid with GI problems---regularity...according to a friend of mine who happens to be an ER nurse----we spent the better part of the wee small hours of this morning in the ER. My son who is 13 was complaining of excruciating stabbing pain in his left lower quadrant--after a series of tests and x-rays it was determined he was "a little backed up" LOL----My DH and I were to say the least---very relieved!! No pun intended!

From what I have read Acai Berry is also a very good source of antioxidants---wouldn't mind the fact that it helps naturally to shed some weight as well. Thank you Annika and Lilly for shedding some light on the matter...I can't help it! I have been making puns all day---lack of sleep I guess!

I would like to add that I am 53 years young! Nice to meet you Lilly!!

- George Herbert

Melody
Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  8:21:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Solilly- what program are you on? Mind sharing! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  04:42:32 AM  Show Profile
I'm curious as well, Solily - please share!

I've been curious about the Acai - both the capsules & the juice. I see it at our Sam's club. It's pricy. Some of the smoothie recipes I see for my Vitamix call for Acai juice or berries themselves.

Farm Girl #790

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  07:32:52 AM  Show Profile
My Dad got those and it turned out to be a big scam-he took the bottle to his Dr,who told them they were useless. Also-the company my dad was getting them thru was taking big amounts of $$$ out of his account as he unknowingly agreed to give them $80 something a month for the pills & other things to lose weight. Just by paying for the 1st bottle,his permission was given for them to just get auto payments when they felt like spending something. The ads they run is aimed at seniors,BTW. He had to go to the bank to block the company from taking any more $$$.

http://www.mandolinbabe.info

http://www.mandolinbabe.net

@MandolinChick on Twitter
mando pickin & fiddle sawin' Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  08:04:50 AM  Show Profile
Dad reminded me it was when he agreed to take a free sample you unwittingly give em permission to place charges on your bank account!

http://www.mandolinbabe.info

http://www.mandolinbabe.net

@MandolinChick on Twitter
mando pickin & fiddle sawin' Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  08:08:03 AM  Show Profile
I asked my doctor who is interested in wholistic and alternative ways of treatment and he told me that the Acai berry thing was really a marketing scam (so is pomegranate juice) and that the benefits you get from them are the same as you would any other "red" fruits. He said plain old cranberry or red grape juice is just as effective.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.eggsandherbs.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  08:29:45 AM  Show Profile
I don't know if it is a "scam" or not. I have never heard of the Acai Berry before the ER run yesterday. I do know that my DH picked up two bottles of the berry gel-caps at Wal-mart for $13.00!

- George Herbert

Melody
Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  5:33:42 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
I got mine on the web site the berry was free and the cleans was $2. For the first month. I do know that if they charge anything else on my charge card with out my OK. I can have it back charged because of the cards I use. Other companys have tried this and they can not do it.
My diet is real easy and it works. In the mornings I do one of 3 meals.
(1/2 grapefruit, 1 slice dry toast, with 2 tbsp peanut butter)
(1 egg, 1 slice dry toast and 1/2 banana)or
(5 saltine crackers, 1 slice cheddar cheese and 1 small apple) for lunch choice one of three again
(1/2 cup tuna, 1 slice dry toast)
(1 cup cottage cheese and 5 saltines) or
(1 hard boiled egg and 1 slice dry toast)
have any black coffee and or tea as much as you want and water.
I eat a regular meal with my dh at supper but I try and make sure I have a salad and a large glass of water before I eat it. On the week ends I eat anything but watch and take note if it good or bad. So time will tell. One sure thing I can say so far is it has given me more energy. If that is enough to get me doing as I should then to me it is worth it. I will keep you posted as to what the cost becomes and if it is way to much. No one knows everything but I am giving it a try. Lilly

Edited by - solilly on Mar 20 2010 07:51:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  05:20:00 AM  Show Profile
It was a scam, I was charged too, I took the 1st bottle and didn't notince any change. THe then started sending me more in the mail and charging my account like crazy! I cancelled the charge and they stopped sending! That was a relief! Good luck Lilly with your diet, It is encouraging that you are doing well with the Acai!

Kelly #238

May your bobbin always be full...
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  07:29:38 AM  Show Profile
I went on Acai last year. I just got some water mix at GNC last year. I paired it with a fairly rigorious exercise program and lost a ton of lbs. I was happy, I had to be in a fashion show. But the weight came right back on.

--
See my custom costumes, download free patterns, and hear some spook EVPs from Gettysburg, PA on my site, www.alterationsbyemily.com
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  07:55:40 AM  Show Profile
Yup scam, they did the same thing to me. I got all the money back but it was a pain and with two bottles of the pills it didn't do a thing.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  07:43:59 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Just so you guys know and I want everyone to be up to date with me as well. The cleanse program sent me an email telling I would be charged $69.95 after my free trail expired but I could cancell at anytime. Which I did sending myself an email as well for my records to prove what I had done. I will call them as well to back myself up. Ok as for the diet like I said small weight loose but the energy level has really increased and that is a start for weight loss. When I start walking and bike riding I will no longer need the drugs to get me moving. Over the December to early March time period I had gained 10 lbs. I did not walk at all. The cold, rain and snow made me lazy. Now I will get it back off and move on to loseing more weight. You just have to make up your mind and do it. I think we can work together in a program our selves right here on line by keeping up with each other as they do on other programs. Think about it the weight did not get there over night and if you do not work on it it will not come off. Like I said I will keep you guys posted. Lilly

Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  07:56:19 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Forgot to add how is your son doing now? Melody. Maybe he can use some cleans. Lilly just funning.

Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  07:19:52 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Well I guess no one is in need of my info on this matter any more. Lilly

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic What's the "poop" on Acai Berry Capsules? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page