LBP
True Blue Farmgirl

81 Posts

Linda
Goodview VA
USA
81 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  05:31:31 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone else here do Beet Pickled eggs for Easter? It is a tradition in our family for the last 4 generations. The week before Easter we boil our eggs and put them in a mixture on the juice from pickled eggs (we home can them too, for 4 generations) with some extra vinegar and sugar. Each of us have a depression glass cookie jar, either in green or pink, and the eggs go into theree.

Now, our great grandmother kept them on the counter, but we put ours into the fridge.

Try to keep snoopy, starving, teens away from the fridge for a week, and on Easter we have the eggs for breakfast and as part of our lunch.

Easter is also the first day that our Mom would let us go barefooted, no matter what the weather!

I can't wait for Easter!

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  09:00:28 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE pickled beets with eggs......they are so pretty and tasty. I sometimes add a few slices of fresh red onions to the bowl.
Go to Top of Page

Rea231
True Blue Farmgirl

139 Posts

139 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  10:48:15 AM  Show Profile
I love the barefoot tradition!

The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.
Go to Top of Page

Flower
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Shirley
Kentucky
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  09:57:29 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Flower's MSN Messenger address
I never heard of the pickled eggs tradition...hmmm.. not sure about that one since I prefer chocolate eggs and have a serious sweet tooth .. hahaha .. but the barefoot thing I sure can relate too.. I was always running around barefoot in the spring and summer.. nothing like the feeling of the cool grass underfoot and between the toes !!
Happy Easter !

Be a blessing and have a Happy Spring
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Easter Traditions Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page