Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Can we talk dishwasher detergent
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Can we talk dishwasher detergent Next Topic  

NancyM
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Nancy
Fall City WA
113 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  11:31:16 AM  Show Profile
I need some dishwasher detergent recommendations. Seventh Generation doesn't seem to get my dishes quite clean enough. I tried Mrs. Meyers, which works well but leaves the scent of the soap on my dishes-I can taste it in my water glass, which is gross. Does anyone have any suggestions for something that will work well and not leave a taste or smell on my dishes? TIA!

Nancy
Farmgirl Sister #159

phonelady
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

Carla
Loveland Colorado
323 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  12:08:11 PM  Show Profile
Yuck!
Well, if you use straight vinegar in the rinse you shouldn't have that problem again. Don't put real silver in the dishwasher though if you try this.
Smiles!
Carla

It's not just Life-
It's an Adventure!
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  09:18:52 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, I have really hard water and have not found a dishwasher detergent that I like yet. I made my own and it left a film on my dishes and then I read where you needed to add some lime kool aid so I tried that. Still did not feel that my dishes were clean. I hope that someone will post an answer to your question because I too could use it.
delicia
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  07:39:14 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, I have been using 7th generation since I got my dishwasher. It is unscented because I don't want all that stuff on my dishes. Just the past few weeks I am noticing white flaky soap on the glasses. I do use vinegar for the rinse, too. I did make my own and used it only 3 times and it did the same thing. I think I need to clean my washer out real good. Run it with nothing in it and maybe some lemon juice. I don'y know much about them. I wonder if that will help mine?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Can we talk dishwasher detergent Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page