Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 FYI: mashed potatos in the pressure cooker
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic FYI: mashed potatos in the pressure cooker Next Topic  

campchic
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Erin
Nebraska
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  06:03:10 AM  Show Profile
I just tried making mashed potatos in the pressure cooker. I love it!!! I'll be doing it that way from now on. It is so easy, less liquid, and very yummy!!!

Erin

Farmgirl #190
www.concrete-and-grace.blogspot.com

AliciaNak
True Blue Farmgirl

405 Posts

Alicia
Elko Nevada
USA
405 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  08:20:06 AM  Show Profile
I just got one for christmas, haven't tried it out yet. Would you share your recipe/methods?

:) Alicia

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~Ralph Waldo Emmerson

www.blondenak.blogspot.com
www.artfire.com/users/BlondeNakCreations
Go to Top of Page

campchic
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Erin
Nebraska
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  4:16:39 PM  Show Profile
I didn't really have a recipe. And I have an electric pressure cooker (Wolfgang Puck, given to me by my FIL). But I just took 1-1.5 lbs of potatos peeled and halved. Added 1/2 c. chicken broth and 1/4 c. whole milk (recipe called for heavy cream). Added a little pepper and set my cooker for the veggie function at 10 min. When it was done all I had to do is mash with the masher. I also added minced garlic to it and mashed in shredded cheddar at the end. YUM!

Erin

Farmgirl #190
www.concrete-and-grace.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4185 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4185 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  11:35:45 AM  Show Profile
I have a 6 quart pressure cooker. It works excellant with potatoes. I use the recipe booklet that came with the pot. I think for potatoes it is 12 minutes once the weight starts rocking.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  7:34:03 PM  Show Profile
I love my pressure cooker/canner. A lot of the things I cook are "all day" type things like a pot of beans, stew, sauces, etc... So, pressure cooking makes those dishes a lot quicker. I like my slow cooker, too. But, on days when I don't set up the slow cooker, I can have something whipped up with the pressure cooker.

With potatoes..... I got tired of taking the "time" to peel them, so now I just cut'em up and throw'em in the pot with their skins on. Mashed potatoes and potatoe soup still comes out yummy and with a bit more fiber!

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic FYI: mashed potatos in the pressure cooker Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page