Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Bacon Mushroom and Turnip Green Quiche
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Bacon Mushroom and Turnip Green Quiche Next Topic  

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  4:56:56 PM  Show Profile
I posted a recipe on my blog. Enjoy!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.eggsandherbs.com

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  6:15:47 PM  Show Profile
Julie that looks incredible. We are getting about 15 eggs a day, so & I just got a quiche dish for my bday, so I will be making this i the next day or so. I don't have turnips, but I do have a rutabaga so I may substitute
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  6:20:46 PM  Show Profile
Oops , I just saw that was for turnip greens. Have some greens, so I am good to go
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  04:42:22 AM  Show Profile
That recipe sounds great and the pictures look delicious! I'll have to try that one.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  07:54:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
What is it about guys not liking quiche anyway?!? If I make a frittata with all the same ingredients though, DH will eat it up. He says he doesn't like the crust! Go figure!

Julie, your quiche looks GREAT!!

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  11:36:58 AM  Show Profile
My husband doenst lime it because of the egg custard. He only likes scambped eggs.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.eggsandherbs.com
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  12:59:01 PM  Show Profile
That looks fantastic!!! I have an aversion to shrooms though. I want so badly to like them because they are so good for you, but I just can't do it. The only shroom I will touch are the really expensive truffles LOL! What could I substitute? Maybe potato?
You know, my husband isn't really big on the egg custard type things either, but recently I've been making frittatas with spaghetti noodles in them and it gives it a more firm texture. He really loves it! And my kids do too. They also won't eat quiche when I make it. Maybe I'll make a Bacon, potato, turnip green pasta frittata. YUM!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan, wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  07:51:19 AM  Show Profile
I would just leave the mushrooms out.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.eggsandherbs.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  07:55:38 AM  Show Profile
Ohhh! This sounds SO good. BUT, Justin wouldn't eat it with a 10 foot pole. Guess I'm going to have to make it for my friend, Julie and I to eat. I've been needing a girls night, anyway!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  09:03:56 AM  Show Profile
I made this last night & was out of mushrooms, & it was still delish... None left.
I used Cabot's extra sharp white cheddar & some collards. I also added quite a bit of nutmeg & when I was wilting the greens & tasted some..well I could have stopped there. Never thought to put nutmeg on greens, but it was so good, & especially with barely wilting the collards, so they were still bright green, that along with the sauteed onions.. I will definitely be making those for a side dish.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Bacon Mushroom and Turnip Green Quiche Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page