Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Herbal Wisdom
 Why you should drink lemon water everyday.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Why you should drink lemon water everyday. Next Topic
Page: of 3

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  11:17:03 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Farmgirls, I don't know about you but I love drinking fresh lemon water each day. Here are some great benefits for drinking lemon water and why everyone should drink it everyday. Enjoy!
Hugs,
Channah

Lemon is an inexpensive, easily available citrus fruit, popular for its culinary and medicinal uses. It is used to prepare a variety of food recipes such as lemon cakes, lemon chicken and beverages like lemonade and lemon-flavored drinks. It is also used for garnishing. Lemon juice consists of about 5% citric acid that gives a tarty taste to lemon. Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C. It also contains vitamins like vitamin B, riboflavin and minerals like calcium, phosphorus, magnesium as well as proteins and carbohydrates. Lemon is generally consumed in the form of lemon juice or lemon water. Lemon water makes a healthy drink, especially when taken in the morning. Daily consumption of lemon water provides a number of health benefits like:

1.Good for stomach

Lemon can help relieve many digestion problems when mixed with hot water. These include nausea, heartburn and parasites. Due to the digestive qualities of lemon juice, symptoms of indigestion such as heartburn, bloating and belching are relieved. By drinking lemon juice regularly, the bowels are aided in eliminating waste more efficiently. Lemon acts as a blood purifier and as a cleansing agent. The intake of lemon juice can cure constipation. It is even known to help relieve hiccups when consumed as a juice. Lemon juice acts as a liver tonic and helps you digest your food by helping your liver produce more bile. It decreases the amount of phlegm produced by your body. It is also thought to help dissolve gallstones.

2.Excellent for Skin Care

Lemon, being a natural antiseptic medicine, can participate to cure problems related to skin. Lemon is a vitamin C rich citrus fruit that enhances your beauty, by rejuvenating skin from within and thus bringing a glow on your face. Daily consumption of lemon water can make a huge difference in the appearance of your skin. It acts as an anti-aging remedy and can remove wrinkles and blackheads. Lemon water if applied on the areas of burns can fade the scars. As lemon is a cooling agent, it reduces the burning sensation on the skin.

3.Aids in Dental Care

Lemon water is used in dental care also. If fresh lemon juice is applied on the areas of toothache, it can assist in getting rid of the pain. The massages of lemon juice on gums can stop gum bleeding. It gives relief from bad smell and other problems related to gums.

4.Cures Throat Infections

Lemon is an excellent fruit that aids in fighting problems related to throat infections, sore throat and tonsillitis as it has an antibacterial property. For sore throat, dilute one-half lemon juice with one-half water and gargle frequently.

5.Good for Weight Loss

One of the major health benefits of drinking lemon water is that it paves way for losing weight faster, thus acting as a great weight loss remedy. If a person takes lemon juice mixed with lukewarm water and honey, it can reduce the body weight as well.

6.Controls High Blood Pressure

Lemon water works wonders for people having heart problem, owing to its high potassium content. It controls high blood pressure, dizziness, nausea as well as provides relaxation to mind and body. It also reduces mental stress and depression.

7.Assist in curing Respiratory Disorders

Lemon water assists in curing respiratory problems, along with breathing problems and revives a person suffering from asthma.

8.Good for treating Rheumatism

Lemon is also a diuretic and hence lemon water can treat rheumatism and arthritis. It helps to flush out bacteria and toxins out of the body.

9.Reduces Fever

Lemon water can treat a person who is suffering from cold, flu or fever. It helps to break fever by increasing perspiration.

10.Acts as a blood purifier

The diseases like cholera or malaria can be treated with lemon water as it can act as a blood purifier.

How much should I drink?
In case you are in good health and weigh 70 kg or less, it is advisable for you to have juice of one-half of the lemon squeezed into one glass of water, twice daily. However, if you weigh more than 70 kg, juice of one whole lemon in a glass of water should be preferred. For maximum benefit, this mixture should also be taken two times a day, though you may dilute more lemon juice according to your taste if you wish.

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  12:43:18 PM  Show Profile
It would also prevent scurvy:)

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  1:25:24 PM  Show Profile
Good to know. I drink lemon water all the time. I always have to have fresh lemons on hand. Just a neccessity for me..haha. Not very "local" of me but I try my best on most things. I am glad at least that it is doing some good!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2888 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2888 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  1:28:16 PM  Show Profile
I juice one lemon each morning in a big glass of water & drink it before I go out to take care of the critters.
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  7:33:04 PM  Show Profile

What interesting information...lemon scent is my favorite...always so refreshing!!!

Smiles...

Love as if there is no tomorrow!!!

"Country Girl at Heart"...
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  8:20:52 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Tanna
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Tanna
Fort Worth TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  08:47:07 AM  Show Profile
Channa you are so great!

I too love lemon water. It just makes me feel refreshed, awake, and clean.

Thanks for posting this.

Tanna
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  11:00:40 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Awww, thanks Tanna! I am really, really into all natural, herbal things. I have been for a long time and just thought I would share. :)
Hugs,Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Tanna
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Tanna
Fort Worth TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  4:21:36 PM  Show Profile
So am I Channa.

Tanna
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  5:31:10 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Wonderful information Channah! Thanks!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran

Edited by - ClaireSky on Mar 13 2010 5:31:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  9:40:13 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you! I found it on a wonderful website!

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

whispering pines
True Blue Farmgirl

428 Posts

patricia
sedro woolley wa
USA
428 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  9:59:30 PM  Show Profile
Channah, how much juice do you add per glass of water?

"It's not what I do, but how I do it!"~Mae West~
Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  09:27:23 AM  Show Profile
Channah, that is a good articule about the lemon water. I uaually keep lemon water in the fridge in the warm months, but see no reason not to do that year round. I just thinly slice a lemon and put it in a pitcher of water.
Connie

LULU

Take care and write soon.

When you wish upon a star...Jiminy Cricket
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  09:33:08 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Patricia, I sqeeze one hole organic lemon in my glass of water. Sometimes half a lemon depending on the glass. I also have a friend and one time she felt like she was going to get sick ( you know the feeling when you feel something is coming on?) and drank tons of lemon water and she never got sick.

lulu, I do that too sometimes. :) I love it!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Chives
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Victoria
Shelton Washington
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  09:47:28 AM  Show Profile
Great info Channah. Vicki #280
Go to Top of Page

whispering pines
True Blue Farmgirl

428 Posts

patricia
sedro woolley wa
USA
428 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  5:09:30 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Channah! I am going to try it.

"It's not what I do, but how I do it!"~Mae West~
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  8:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
The way my stomach feels right now I wish I had some lemons... ugh... I have to work in the morning...

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  8:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I would send you som Julie but I have a feeling it would not get there on time. :( I hope you feel better soon! I know that peppermint,and apple cider vinager helps your stomach feel better. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  03:39:45 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Channah... you are so sweet! I am stopping by the store before I go to work this morning to pick up the lemons.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  04:48:37 AM  Show Profile
I love lemon water....sometimes squeezing 2 lemons. Thanks for the reminder. I'll go buy more lemons today!

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  05:49:35 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Channah, this all sounds like GOOD information. Would you mind telling what site you went to in finding this. DH and I are doing alot of changes here. I have always prefered the vegeterian diet but he wants his meats and potatoes. But we are going to try the veggie. I told him I'll find ways to replace his protein. And I want to get in to the natural healing and natural cleaning and body care. I know it will take time and searching in books and web but I will start slow. We are both on alot of med's and I just feel that they are making us worse. I'm really excited about all of this and thank you for the info.

Blessings, Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  1:08:19 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Sure Brenda! It is: http://www.lifemojo.com/lifestyle/top-10-health-benefits-of-lemon-water-1422542 If their is anything else I can help you with health wise please ask away! :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

sw80689
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Sharon
Papillion Nebraska
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  1:48:35 PM  Show Profile
Channah, thanks so much for posting this article on lemon water:) I drink lemon water but did not know all these benefits! Do you have a favorite book with info on natural remedies? I have been looking for one.
Thanks, again!!
Smiles and hugs,
Sharon

Sharon
Farmgirl Sister #1393
*We are all angels with one wing, the only way to fly, therefore is to embrace one another*
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  9:49:58 PM  Show Profile
Good information Channah. I do thank you for sharing. I do drink lemon water often. I often put a spoon of honey in the water, too. Do you?
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  3:41:43 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
You are so welcome Sharon! um, I have so many favorite books. lol If you would like I could post a list of my favorite ones.

Marly, you are so welcome! I am so glad I could share something with you all. I do put honey in with my lemon water when I am sick. It is wonderful! Almost like lemonade. lol
Hugs!
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

sw80689
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Sharon
Papillion Nebraska
USA
207 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  10:09:34 AM  Show Profile
Channah-Thanks for getting back to me:) When you have time, I would love to have the names of some books to look for.
Hugs,

Sharon
Farmgirl Sister #1393
*We are all angels with one wing, the only way to fly, therefore is to embrace one another*
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Why you should drink lemon water everyday. Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page