Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Mail Art - New for 2010 *Archived
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Mail Art - New for 2010 *Archived Next Topic
Page: of 76

pegabner
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

peggy
delta ut
USA
50 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  11:25:16 AM  Show Profile
PEGGY.
PEGGY IS SUCH A POPULAR NAME THERE ARE 4 OTHERS IN OUR LITTLE TOWN. WE ARE ALL CLOSE TO THE SAME AGE.
I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON MY MAIL ART MOST OF THE DAY, MY GRAND-DAUGHTER CAME OVER TO GIVE ME HER OPINION. SHE SAID IT WAS COOL. i GUESS THATS GOOD.
YOU ARE A FUN GROUP OF LADIES.

PEGABNER
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  11:33:04 AM  Show Profile
Well welcome aboard Peggy. Fun is the name of the game. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13635 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13635 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  6:29:19 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Kim . . "TabithaLenox" for the surprise Mail Art today!!!
Boy, you weren't taking any chances on the postal service ripping off any of your cute little art pieces were you.

BY THE WAY: Art-ists. Kim covered the art pieces on the outside of the envelope with packing tape to protect them. Good idea . .

HOWEVER . . . be sure you NEVER, NEVER, NEVER put tape OVER your postage stamps!!!! They will consider them invalid!!!!![/

Anyway, Kim sent me a cute vintage postcard of a little girl picking cotton, some "tickets" for fun stuff wrapped in straw bale scrapbooking paper . . now is that Farmgirl or what!!

THANKS KIM!!! THANKS FOR THINKING OF ME!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on May 12 2010 6:30:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

TabithaLenox
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Kim
Gettysburg PA
USA
605 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  02:35:56 AM  Show Profile
LOL, you're so welcome CJ, so glad you like it!!! I've had alot of experience mailing out my mailart...I've been swapping mailart on yahoo groups for a couple of years and learned the hard way what can happen to it when it goes thru the post office sorting machine. (it can get chewed up if your envelope and it's contents aren't completely flat) Also learned the hard way about no tape over stamps...even if it just goes over a tiny corner, they will send it back to you!

Hugs!

Kim
Farmgirl #184

http://www.tabithalenox.blogspot.com

Edited by - TabithaLenox on May 13 2010 02:37:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

MargaretW
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Margaret
Dittmer Missouri
USA
99 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  05:21:30 AM  Show Profile
I would like to join in, but at the same time alittle "scared". I would not want to disappoint my monthly partner. We all think our "creative minds" are good, but the Farmgirl receiving it might be "what in the world!". But being the person I am, and I love getting snail mail, of any kind (these days I get excited with junk mail!!) I say SIGN ME UP girlfriend and I promise to do my best!

Margaret

Proud to be an American! There is nothing better on earth than our freedom!
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  05:24:34 AM  Show Profile
Oh Margaret, I get that, totally!
My mail art is done and has been riding around in the car with me for two days!!
But I'll let it go this afternoon and trust to the kindness and love of my fellow farmgirls to see beyond my somewhat limited abilities.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Happiness is a full clothesline...

Edited by - staci860 on May 13 2010 05:27:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13635 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13635 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  05:36:36 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Alright you farmgirls . . . you gotta stop worrying about your creative abilities and whether or not it will be liked!!!!

MAIL ART is to be creative, and pretty much anything goes. So just enjoy the daylights out of it, send it off with a hug and a kiss and don't worry about it.
I've received several pieces . . they are all different from each other and I LOVE EACH ONE!! I LOVE THE FARMGIRL WHO SENT IT!! I LOVE THE SPIRIT OF THE FARMGIRL WHO SENT IT!!!

Just have fun with it!!
YOU GIRLS ROCK!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13635 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13635 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  05:40:15 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
MARGARET . . .

. . . would love to sign you up. Welcome!!!

BUT, I NEED FOR YOUR TO EMAIL ME WITH:
- YOUR FORUM NAME
- YOUR REAL NAME
- YOUR MAILING ADDRESS
- YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS

When I get that info then I can get you "officially" signed up and can send you "hard copy" of guidelines, info., etc and get you going.

THANKS!
CJ (ceejay48) Organizer/coordinator

Edited by - ceejay48 on May 13 2010 05:46:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13635 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13635 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  05:44:37 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
ANY NEW MAIL ART SIGNUPS. . . Now is the time to sign up to start the JUNE MAIL ART "Round".

PLEASE GO BACK TO PAGE 18 of this thread to review the steps for signing up.

THANKS!!!

CJ (ceejay48) Organizer/coordinator

Edited by - ceejay48 on May 13 2010 05:45:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

TabithaLenox
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Kim
Gettysburg PA
USA
605 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  06:07:26 AM  Show Profile
All MailARt is good mailart!! It's so much fun to send and receive!

Kim
Farmgirl #184

http://www.tabithalenox.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  10:10:41 AM  Show Profile
I just want to echo CJ here.....all mail art is golden! It's about forcing you to get those creative juices going when you know you have a zillion other things to do, about carving out that bit of time to just hanker down and do it. It's about sharing a part of your heart with someone you might not even really know, and perhaps even brightening up the day of the postal worker who notices your envelope. It's about having fun. But it is never a competition! No one's judging you, so just chill :) It's all good!

Catherine
Farmgirl #1370
City Girl By Birth,
Suburbanite By Location,
Farmgirl at Heart
Go to Top of Page

pegabner
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

peggy
delta ut
USA
50 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  12:29:29 PM  Show Profile
IT IS ALL IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER AND IF IT IS FROM THE HEART WHAT BETTER ART IS THERE. WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT TASTES THAT IS WHAT MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND. IT IS ALWAYS THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS. I WORRY ABOUT SOMEONE BEING DISSAPOINTED WITH MINE ALSO BUT IT WAS DONE OUT OF LOVE .
DON'T WORRY WE WILL LOVE EVERYTHING I AM SURE.
I APPRECIATE ALL THE HARD WORK THAT GOES INTO THIS PROJECT. THANKS AGAIN
PEGGY
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  2:34:48 PM  Show Profile
I just finished my first Mail-Art and sent it out today. It was fun and not at all Farm girly...but for my first attempt I thought it turned out great and I don't consider myself an artist...just a crafter. But as so
many have said...if it comes from the HEART it's ALL GOOD!!!!!

Looking Forward To Receiving Mine too,
~peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

foreverbooks
True Blue Farmgirl

514 Posts

Carole
Tombstone AZ
USA
514 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  3:07:07 PM  Show Profile
This sounds like fun -- I am interested in joining the June mail art forum! CJ -- I've sent you two emails with my information.

Carole

In light, love, and friendship!
Go to Top of Page

vintage saver
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

oleta
wheelersburg ohio
USA
323 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  3:44:41 PM  Show Profile
I, too, sometimes feel a little less proficient at making mail art, but I'll try to improve. I think most of us who don't make cards or scrapbook are at a little handicap as to what to make, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Grammygail
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Gail
Chattanooga Tennessee
USA
172 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  5:49:41 PM  Show Profile
Catherine, and anyone else who is nervous about their mail-art. I have always been thrilled to receive ANYTHING that someone has taken the time to make for me!! Like CJ said....they are all different and that is what makes mail art fun....the surprise!! I get excited just getting Farmgirl mail of any kind. And then open it and it is something someone made for me!!
Don't worry about your mail art. Do what I do.....I make one that pleases me very much, mail it and hope it makes the Farmgirl it is sent to as happy to get it as much as I enjoyed making it for them!! No two of mine ever turn out the same. Enjoy the project, have fun, and be excited to send it out!! Be FARMGIRL proud!!
Go to Top of Page

TwstdStitch
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Jean
Pennsylvania
USA
36 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  6:43:52 PM  Show Profile
I think that's why it took me awhile to get started...anxiety that the person who is getting mine won't like it. But, I'm sliding in under the wire and mine is being mailed out tomorrow !!!! So one of you who hasn't gotten a package yet will be getting mine soon. It was done in the spirit of Farmgirl friendship. I also got mine and LOVE IT !!!! I took a picture and have to upload it into Photobucket...will do that and post again tomorrow to say an official thank you.

Jean
Quilter, knitter, spinner/dyer, veggie gardener and craft-a-holic
Sister #1455
Here's to a simpler way of life !!!
Go to Top of Page

TwstdStitch
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Jean
Pennsylvania
USA
36 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  6:48:26 PM  Show Profile
Count me in for June mail art please :)))

Jean
Sister #1455
Go to Top of Page

OneCraftyBugger
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

R

USA
626 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  04:04:12 AM  Show Profile
I feel as though anyone simply putting their time, thought and effort into something is what makes it beautiful. We all have our own styles and idea of what art is, that’s part of the fun. One of my favorite items that I have received is a duck drawn on lined paper which my secret Santa sent me.. It cracked me up!! I keep it on the front of my fridge.

Oh happy day! Farmgirl sister #1485
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheFeltedGnome
http://bellasaysitsso.blogspot.com/
http://theswappingcrafter.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  04:50:24 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I'm glad this got brought up. I've been struggling with this same feeling of not "measuring up". I know I shouldn't feel that way, but it's nice to hear it from everyone else. Anyhoo...I'm with Jean, I'll be right at the last minute getting mine out too. I hope the farmgirl who gets mine likes it. I found a really cute thing online last night and just had to make one to add to my mail art.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  05:13:58 AM  Show Profile
Ok all you farmgirls...it's time to buck up-Snap Out of it! I would love to have anything any of you made, because you made it!!! It's not a beauty contest, it's Mail-art! ART is in the eye of the beholder! Everyone's perception is different! I'd love it if I even got a note from someone's toddler, all scribbled on a piece of paper! I think it's fun that you took the time out of your busy schedule and thought of me! Little ole me, that you don't even know! WE all have a story, and if you thought of me for a few minutes in the mix of your life story, I'm honored and blessed!!!! Have fun! I can't wait to get my mail-art!

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose
Go to Top of Page

beadbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

148 Posts

Therese
Valencia California
USA
148 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  06:35:48 AM  Show Profile
I am getting my mail art out today. I love carving out time to create, and enjoy the process of letting it it take me to other places than I had originally intended. I was fretting for a bit, just a bit mind you!, that mine wasn't 'Farmgirl' enough. Well, enough of that thinking! Farmgirl is a state of mind, and sometimes what I create will reflect that, and other times, it may be more zen, or steampunk, or sugar sweet cute.

I agree with you , Monica! So girls, have at it, let go! Get the glue and glitter out! Paper punches at the ready! Crayons, stickers, poetry, photographs, lace...anything goes! You have permission to color outside the lines!!

Therese

If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud. ~Emile Zola
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13635 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13635 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  06:45:15 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
YAY!!! YAY!!! TO ALL YOU FARMGIRL ART-ISTS!!!
YAY!!! YAY!!! TO ALL YOU FARMGIRL ART-ISTS!!!

LET THOSE CREATIVE JUICES FLOW!!!!
LET'S CREATE UNIQUE MASTERPIECES and TRUST THE REST TO HEART AND SPIRIT OF OUR FARMGIRL ART-IST FRIENDS!!!!

CJ

Go to Top of Page

TwstdStitch
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Jean
Pennsylvania
USA
36 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  10:43:53 AM  Show Profile
Monicarose....you said it Sister !!!!! Every one of us has talents ! Some may be better at one thing than another. But one thing I'm sure we ALL have a talent for is the ability to think about each other with love and friendship. It comes out in the Mail Art !! whether it's an elaborate work of art, or something simpler, they're all from the heart. And that makes each one of them priceless !!!!

Jean
Sister #1455
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  11:35:17 AM  Show Profile
I think all these comments are a great help to keep things in perspective. Plus Art is in the eye of the beholder. There are some famous artists out there in this Big Ol' World...that I think make rather ugly art...but others praise their capabilities and talent and would die to own even a pencil sketch of their pieces of
art. So, who is to say that we are NOT all Artists???? I have even seen elephants paint pictures that I would be proud to own. So, I know that we Farm Girls are all more talented than Elephants. LOL
Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 14 2010 11:38:36 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 76 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Mail Art - New for 2010 *Archived Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page