Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Herbal Wisdom
 Fact or folklore cure? Cinnamon and Honey
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Fact or folklore cure? Cinnamon and Honey Next Topic  

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  11:48:22 AM  Show Profile
In the April/May 2010 issue of our magazine, we printed an article entitled "Fact or folklore? The cure for everything: Cinnamon and honey?" sent to us by Josy. Some of you have expressed interest in seeing the rest of the list, so here's the complete list of claims. (Keep in mind that these claims are not ours, but merely reprinted here as we received them.) SNOPES is undecided on this one, but it's interesting.

The cure for everything-Cinnamon & Honey?

HEART DISEASES: Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, apply on bread instead of jelly and jam, and eat it regularly for breakfast. It reduces the cholesterol in the arteries and saves the patient from heart attack. Also those who have already had an attack, if they do this process daily, are kept miles away from the next attack. Regular use of the above process relieves loss of breath and strengthens the heartbeat. In America and Canada, various nursing homes have treated patients successfully and have found that as you age, the arteries and veins lose their flexibility and get clogged; honey and cinnamon revitalize the arteries and veins.

ARTHRITIS: Arthritis patients may take daily, morning and night, one cup of hot water with two spoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. If taken regularly even chronic arthritis can be cured. In a recent research conducted at Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon of honey and half teaspoon of cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week, out of the 200 people so treated, practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain, and within a month, mostly all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis started walking without pain.

BLADDER INFECTIONS: Take two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it. It destroys the germs in the bladder.

CHOLESTEROL: Two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of Cinnamon Powder mixed in 16 ounces of tea water, given to a cholesterol patient, was found to reduce The level of cholesterol in the blood by 10 percent within two hours. As mentioned for arthritic patients, if taken three times a day, any chronic cholesterol is cured. According to information received in the said Journal, pure honey taken with food daily relieves complaints of cholesterol.

COLDS: Those suffering from common or severe colds should take one tablespoon lukewarm honey with 1/4 spoon cinnamon powder daily for three days. This process will cure most chronic coughs, colds, and clear the sinuses.

UPSET STOMACH: Honey taken with cinnamon powder cures stomach ache and also clears stomach ulcers from the root.

GAS: According to the studies done in India and Japan, it is revealed that if honey is taken with cinnamon powder the stomach is relieved of gas.

IMMUNE SYSTEM: Daily use of honey and cinnamon powder strengthens the immune system and protects the body from bacteria and viral attacks. Scientists have found that honey has various vitamins and iron in large amounts. Constant use of honey strengthens the white blood corpuscles to fight bacteria and viral diseases.

INDIGESTION: Cinnamon powder sprinkled on two tablespoons of honey taken before food relieves acidity and digests the heaviest of meals.

INFLUENZA: A scientist in Spain has proven that honey contains a natural 'ingredient' which kills the influenza germs and saves the patient from flu.

LONGEVITY: Tea made with honey and cinnamon powder, when taken regularly, arrests the ravages of old age. Take four spoons of honey, one spoon of cinnamon powder And three cups of water and boil to make like tea. Drink 1/4 cup, three to Four times a day. It keeps the skin fresh and soft and arrests old age.Life spans also increases and even a 100 year old,starts performing the chores of a 20-year-old.

PIMPLES: Three tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder paste Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with Warm water. If done daily for two weeks, it removes pimples from the root.

SKIN INFECTIONS: Applying honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts on the affected parts cures eczema, ringworm and all types of skin infections.

WEIGHT LOSS: Daily in the morning one half hour before breakfast on an empty stomach And at night before sleeping, drink honey and cinnamon powder boiled in one cup of water. If taken regularly, it reduces the weight of even the most obese person. Also, drinking this mixture regularly does not allow the fat to accumulate in the body even though the person may eat a high calorie diet.

CANCER: Recent research in Japan and Australia has revealed that advanced cancer of the stomach and bones have been cured successfully. Patients suffering from these kinds of cancer should daily take one tablespoon of honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder for one month three times a day.

FATIGUE: Recent studies have shown that the sugar content of honey is more helpful rather than being detrimental to the strength of the body. Senior citizens, who take honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts, are more alert and flexible. Dr. Milton, who has done research, says that a half Tablespoon of honey taken in a glass of water and sprinkled with cinnamon powder, taken daily after brushing and in the afternoon at about 3:00 P.M. when the vitality of the body starts to decrease, increases the vitality of the body within a week..

BAD BREATH: People of South America, first thing in the morning, gargle with one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon powder mixed in hot water, so their breath stays fresh throughout the day.

HEARING LOSS: Daily morning and night honey and cinnamon powder, taken in equal parts restore hearing.

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  12:49:37 PM  Show Profile
Carol, my hubby saw this article before I did. He was so excited. We started doing the one for cholesterol and arthritis. I have also done the one for indigestion before eating. It works! Really! Thanks for posting so much more. I just made a copy of the magazine article for a friend. I wish I had seen this first. I'll copy it, too now.

Thanks alot for such a great magazine. Ya'll do a fantastic job.

I have a question, though. Can a person do this for several different things at once? Or just focus on one or two things at a time. Because they are all great. I think I could do them all.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  6:55:03 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Great info! I love it! Thank you so much everyone!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

Chives
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Victoria
Shelton Washington
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  8:20:33 PM  Show Profile
This is great info. Thanks Vicki
Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  09:08:43 AM  Show Profile
Cinnamon also helps lower blood sugar levels with diabetics. My husband takes a 1/4 tsp every evening. It has made a real difference. His levels are lower and more stable in the 6 weeks or so he has been doing this. Taking it right out of the bottle is not for everyone as the the powder is hard on the back of the throat but there are pill forms and many different brand to choose from...rather remarkable gift from nature.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  09:12:42 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Thanks I know some of these to be very true. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  10:16:45 AM  Show Profile
thanks for posting all the info Carol. I'm going to check this out. I tried the cinnamon and honey last night when I had heartburn, it really helped and that was taking it after I already had the heartburn. thanks again. Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  10:24:04 AM  Show Profile
Karen, I have bought the clear gel caps and got fresh cin. to make pilld for my hubby. It really works. It takes lots of time and sometimes I don't do it. But his BS levels have been around 200 latley so I will make him some more to take with him on the road again. I know it will help lower it. Thanks for the reminder.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  09:16:13 AM  Show Profile
Hello from lulu,
I saw that articule in the magazine and found this topic. So this morning I started with the honey cinnamon tea, I just put in a batch of biscuits and mixed up the honey and cinnamon to go on them. yum! And from the lemon juice I've put a pitcher of lemon water in the fridge. I've always used lemon water in the summer for a pick-me-up in the hot afternoon, but see no reason to wait until then. Channah that is a good articule about the lemon water. I love the tea this morning that honey and cinnamon sure smelled good.

LULU

Take care and write soon.

When you wish upon a star...Jiminy Cricket
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  1:11:19 PM  Show Profile
I got this same information via a forwarded email recently, and it made an impact on me. I have been having heartburn and indigestion, so I began using the honey and cinnamon daily and also eating yogurt with honey in it. It has helped me a lot. I have a bit of a hard time with the cinnamon, but try to blend it in real good, so itwillnot seem dry going down!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Mar 14 2010 1:12:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  8:12:36 PM  Show Profile
i haven't gotten my new issue yet
this great info thanks for posting
deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Simply Faith
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Faith
Cleveland Oh
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  11:12:02 AM  Show Profile
I just found MaryJanes Farm magazine last week at the grocery store..but I tried the honey/cinnamon..I got to tell you that my hip/knee pain for the last 3 days has not bothered me to keep me up at night..I actually slept. I think there is something to all of this...it is natural ingredients..and honey is very beneficial.
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  5:08:24 PM  Show Profile
My husband has been taking cinnamon/honey for a week now and says he hasn't felt this good in a long time, so maybe there's something to it?!

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  08:11:58 AM  Show Profile
I don't know if any of these claims are true or not, but cinammon and honey taste great together and certainly can't hurt you!
Go to Top of Page

Catherine
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Catherine Ann
Temple TX
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  1:16:34 PM  Show Profile
Interesting info.
I do know that honey with a little cinnamon mixed in makes a great facial scrub :) .
The recipe I read called for equal parts honey & cinnamon but that was a bit too abrasive for me, I just spoon out a tsp or so of honey and add a sprinkle of cinnamon to it.

http://lovelivingsimply.blogspot.com/

Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant. ~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

sw80689
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Sharon
Papillion Nebraska
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  1:19:12 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for posting this info, very fascinating:) I will try it for my arthritis.

Sharon
Farmgirl Sister #1393
*We are all angels with one wing, the only way to fly, therefore is to embrace one another*
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  2:44:23 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I know that my hubby's sugar stays good when I use cinnamon. You can even pop a teaspoon full into your coffee right before brewing.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Lynda V.
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Lynda
New Lenox IL
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2010 :  12:16:29 PM  Show Profile
Does the honey have to be raw or do you get the same benefits from "grocery store" honey?
Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2010 :  12:40:55 PM  Show Profile
I understand that the honey should be local so you can start and build up an immumity to the allergens (sp) in your area. Store honey is from who knows where and very processed. I keep meaning to try raw but...I live in an area with lots of blueberries so I am inticed to buy blueberry blossom honey :-)

Farmgirl Sister #918

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  7:14:26 PM  Show Profile
I told one of my students that is taking cholesteral meds and high blood pressure meds. And they werent working. She started taking the honey and cinnamon and she said her shaking has stopped and she has felt better than she has in a long time.
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

Leilaht
True Blue Farmgirl

155 Posts

Elizabeth
Highland MI
USA
155 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  05:17:39 AM  Show Profile
my brother in law starting taking cinnamon to regulate his sugar since nothing the doctor recommended worked. I don't know about the cholesterol since he had a stroke from clogged arteries. I do know that honey is amazing. I AM going to have a bee hive next spring!

Liz

Strength and honor are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

Proverbs 31:25
Go to Top of Page

shunger
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Suzanne
Helena MT
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  06:02:10 AM  Show Profile
I'd love to have bees too. I buy local honey. Haven't tried raw but will. I know that my mom swears that a honey/apple cider vinegar water mixture that she drank while trying to conceive was what worked for her. I think honey can be an amazing part of our diet. Suzanne
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Fact or folklore cure? Cinnamon and Honey Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page