Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Nature Swap. Closed! Partners posted first page!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Nature Swap. Closed! Partners posted first page! Next Topic
Page: of 12

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2010 :  10:57:39 AM  Show Profile
Alicia! I got your fun package in the mail yesterday! Thanks for all the fun treasures! I loved seeing the photos of where you picked things up from! What a treat! Have a great weekend!
~April

Playing in the Sonshine
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/sonshine4u
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2010 :  11:16:55 AM  Show Profile
Wow, thanks for the box of fun treasures Alicia! And the letter and photos, too.
(My husband loved the salt from Bonneville). I'm so glad you had a nice trip and let us share in your treasures. Thank you.

I loved seeing and hearing about the different things everyone was sending and receiving through this swap. Helps me appreciate more what's right outside my door. I just don't take the time to realize that not everyone has acorns, for instance. It's been a blessing.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

AliciaNak
True Blue Farmgirl

405 Posts

Alicia
Elko Nevada
USA
405 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2010 :  5:12:27 PM  Show Profile
Glad you like the Nature treasures, April and Staci. It was fun gathering all the things.
Staci, glad your husband likes the salt. Morton salt company actually has two plants on the edge of the salt flats where they harvest and clean the salt.

Alicia
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
www.blondenak.blogspot.com
www.artfire.com/users/BlondeNakCreations
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2010 :  5:22:26 PM  Show Profile
Cool!

Blessings, staci FG# 973

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2010 :  11:31:03 PM  Show Profile
Kris, can you tell me what to expect from the red bud if I plant it? Is it a flower, shrub, or tree?
Will the seeds survive a long winter or should I plant them in the spring?
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2010 :  7:18:14 PM  Show Profile
Staci, I feel so humbled that you would send some of your treasures to me to make up for one that I didn't receive. I absolutely love your choices. That shell and those acorns are the teeniest, tiniest things I have ever seen. An old wives tale says that a lost feather is a drop of blood from the bird...thank you for sharing. The sandstone and the fossils stone are likewise wonderful, and the history of your columbine leaf is most inspiring, as I believe one God sends His love to us from previous generationns with the plants they once loved. Thank you for sharing that from your great grandmother. I will treasure what you sent, and again thank you so much!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page

jclambert
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Judy
Stringtown Oklahoma
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2010 :  10:04:14 AM  Show Profile
Michelle,

Thanks so much for the wonderful things you sent. I have the quartz and stone on my desk and the pressed wildflower is on my bullentin board. The "weeds" and sage were beautiful.

Judy

Judy

"Courage is when you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what". Atticus Finch - To Kill a Mockingbird
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2010 :  11:09:45 AM  Show Profile
Claudia, it was my pleasure to send them to you and I'm so happy you are enjoying them. I do so love teeny, tiny things and good old fashioned heirlooms.

If anyone else didn't hear back from their swap partner or mailed and didn't get anything in return, please email me and I will see about sending you some PA nature beauty (and you won't need to send me anything.)

Blessings, staci FG# 973

Edited by - staci860 on Sep 23 2010 11:11:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  3:56:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kris,
Thank you for the Nature box....I rec'd it yesterday.......It reminded me of home with all those sea shells, they're different than the ones we have here in Florida, but the same as the ones in NO. CA and Oregon where I moved here from....I loved the little Sand dollar, so cute, and I loved the dried Queen Ann's Lace! I forgot all about that, because we don't have that here either! It was a fun box!
Thank you!

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose (Farmgirl# 1780) whoohoo!http://mysistersgardenofthetreasurecoast.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  5:17:15 PM  Show Profile
CityChick, thank you so much for your nature package. I really like the info on The Grove and the Hickory Nuts. I had never seen any before. Your Maple "angel wings" are different from the maples we have here. Yours are straighter, ours have an angle like a boomerang.

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Nature Swap. Closed! Partners posted first page! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page