Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Discussion for the Jane Austen book club!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Discussion for the Jane Austen book club! Next Topic
Page: of 3

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  10:12:50 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies, I thought it would be tons easier for us to post on here when we discuss the Jane Austen books! What do you think? I will post the book list on this page so no one has to go searching through all those pages in the other Jane Austen thread. So in other words this is our new place to discuss that Jane Austen books! YAY!! But please do read the last page in the old Jane Austen book club thread as I asked a few questions! Thank you ladies for doing this with me!! I will try harder to make it fun!!
Hugs,
Channah

Here are the rules for this book club:

We have to read one Jane Austen book every 2 months. If you finish before that its fine I just want us to have plenty of room in case something comes up.

We will read 4 to 5 chapters and then discuss it. Like what we like, didn't like, ect..

And I'm thinking that's it.
Here is the book list so you all know. We will read in the order they are put.

Sense and Sensibilty
Pride and Prejudice
Mansfield Park
Emma
Northhanger Abbey
Persuasion
Lady Susan

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  8:43:13 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Ok, soon I will be finished with Sense and Sensibilty! Ladies, please feel free to post anytime! We will just post as we go!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  05:32:29 AM  Show Profile
Channah, I'm going to tell my 16 year old daughter about this......She LOVES Jane Austen. This would be a great way to get her to sign up as a farmgirl. I think y'all would get along great.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  08:57:47 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That would be tons of fun Catherine! Thank you!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  10:07:38 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
is everyone waiting on me? Are there still people intrested in this book club? I kinda feel like I'm the only one intrested anymore.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  12:01:25 PM  Show Profile
Channah,
I am reading pride and prejudice but with my things at school happening right now I am not sure I will be able to participate the whole year. Sorry...I am feeling bad here about this.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  8:35:10 PM  Show Profile
Channah, still interested! Health issues just got in my way of all MJF things the last couple weeks! Who is your favorite character and why in S&S?

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  8:42:42 PM  Show Profile
Channah, I just recently started Sense and Sensibility. I'm starting Chapter 2. It's slow going, but I would like to at participate.
God's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  8:51:38 PM  Show Profile
I thought we were on Pride and Prejudice! My Boo Boo. Just let me know where I'm suppose to be and I'll get started.
Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  9:33:04 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Tammy, please do not feel bad. When ever you have time just jump right in. It will always be open to you!! I really understand! :)

Thats fine Linda!! Let me think about that one and I'll get back to you all. :)

Megan, sure you can join in!! We are all ( well at least I am) finishing up Sense and Sensibility. But please take your time.

Girls there is no hurry in reading these wonderful books. We can take as much time as we need. :) :) Lets just enjoy them. :) It's no fun to hurry through these books because you only have so much time to finish them. Then you don't get to enjoy them because your hurrying through them. :) So if you need more time please just say so. :)

Brenda, we are on Pride and Prejudice but I got a little behind. lol But if you are done with Sense and Sensibility go ahead and start reading on the next.

Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  1:51:05 PM  Show Profile
WEll I am enjoying Pride and Prejudice...It is my favorite and Channah I am with you read them at your pace. They are so meant to be enjoyed. Jane Austen is a wonderful author...I might be a little biased...heheheheh

blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  10:45:13 AM  Show Profile
My fav character in S&S is Brandon. Because of his integrity, kindness, and respectful honesty. Good reading everyone! I will start P&P shortly. Good reading everyone!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  8:36:16 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I'll post who I like tomorrow. I am still thinking. lol I am glad you all like this book club! :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  9:23:07 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I think my favorite character in S&S is Elinor. I don't know why but I just like her. :)I really like most of them though. I really don't like Willibe ( I don't think I spelled that right. sorry!!), Mrs. John Dashwood and Mr. John Dashwood. What is everyone elses favorite?
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  12:59:39 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Girls, What do you all think of starting to read Pride and Prejudice? I really enjoyed reading Sense and Sensibilty and thought it was a wonderful book! So is everyone ready? If not just say so. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  1:05:43 PM  Show Profile
Channah, in Sense & Sensibility I really like Elinor too. She's one of my favorite Austen characters and I can identify a lot with her.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'

Edited by - Lainey on Mar 25 2010 1:05:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  1:54:25 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
me too Elaine! :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  7:50:29 PM  Show Profile
well I am a few chapters into pride and prejudice but it is my favorite so I read it three times a year....might explain why my pages are a bit worn.

blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  8:36:31 PM  Show Profile
Just finished P&P and loved it.
Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  9:13:33 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Wow you ladies are fast!! I will hurry to catch up!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  10:42:28 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I am already one Chapter 4 and I just loooove it!! This is going to be a fun book to read!! Maybe it's because I have watched the movie so many time! lol
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  11:01:35 AM  Show Profile
Who is everyone's favorite character? I like Elizabeth. She very determined! That mother I'd like to punch out sometimes.
Just kidding girls.

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  11:13:28 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I don't know! I love them all! I think Mrs. Bennet is quite funny! lol
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  11:33:55 AM  Show Profile
I love Elizabeth. I like to think I am like her. I am on chapter 6...but since this is my favorite book I read it about 3 times a year...I find Mrs. Bennet quite the character she would get on my nerves. Mr. Bennet I think handles her quite well though.

hugs and blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  11:36:51 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I can see why you would read it 3x a year Tammy! I love it!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  10:33:40 PM  Show Profile
I like Elizabeth and Jane. Mrs. Benet is frustrating. Now, I am going to go out on a limb and get in trouble here. My daughter gets so mad at me, lol! Mr. Darcy is NOT my fav Austin romance guy! Col. Brandon from S&S is! Yes, Darcy is misunderstood by Elizabeth and others. But I still think he is quite the snob! Col. Brandon is kind from the outset. I'm just saying!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Reading Room: Previous Topic Discussion for the Jane Austen book club! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page