arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  4:11:49 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls! What do you think about swap? Bring a item you would like to swap with another farmgirl. I also am planning to have a hayride too.

Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians and SportHorses
www.whisperwindsarabians.com
Farmgirl Sister #561
Never squat with your spurs on!!!

www.throughjenslens.etsy.com
http://twitter.com/arabhorselover
www.hillbilliehoneys.blogspot.com
www.kountrybumpkinfarmgirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2010 :  09:58:12 AM  Show Profile
Great idea, Jennifer! What did you have in mind? Maybe we could each bring a small, handcrafted item, gift wrapped, & do a Chinese gift exchange?

Kyria
www.crossyr.blogspot.com

Sell Books Online at Cash4Books.net
http://www.cash4books.net/index.php?ref=122916
Go to Top of Page

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2010 :  10:04:32 AM  Show Profile
quote:
'd love to bring my Haflinger, but don't have a means to bring her and her harness/cart.

Christine, how big is the cart? I have a large aluminum horse trailer. I'm wondering if I could drop off my horses, then come get your horse & cart? Just rolling ideas around right now.

Kyria
www.crossyr.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

HomesteadHerbs
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Christine
Hockley TX
27 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  05:51:57 AM  Show Profile  Send HomesteadHerbs an AOL message  Send HomesteadHerbs a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kyria

quote:
'd love to bring my Haflinger, but don't have a means to bring her and her harness/cart.

Christine, how big is the cart? I have a large aluminum horse trailer. I'm wondering if I could drop off my horses, then come get your horse & cart? Just rolling ideas around right now.

Kyria,
It's a two seater cart. We can remove the shafts to help it fit. I am about 1 1/2 hr away from our Campout. Do you really want to drive that much?

I am also gluten-free! Maybe we can plan on sharing the menu!

Blessings,
Christine

Living a Godly simple life with 2 kids, a Haflinger, and hens. Would love a Jersey hand milked cow! :-)
Go to Top of Page

HomesteadHerbs
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Christine
Hockley TX
27 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  05:54:39 AM  Show Profile  Send HomesteadHerbs an AOL message  Send HomesteadHerbs a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Hey girls! What do you think about swap? Bring a item you would like to swap with another farmgirl. I also am planning to have a hayride too.

OH! That'll be great fun!! But it's causing a little panic attack on my end, as I'm not crafty at all! But I'm willing to give it a try.

Living a Godly simple life with 2 kids, a Haflinger, and hens. Would love a Jersey hand milked cow! :-)
Go to Top of Page

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  09:07:28 AM  Show Profile
Christine, I'll email you.

Don't panic about a swap! For one thing, it's not set in stone yet. For another, you could go to a thrift store and find something to contribute. Or you could get a craft kit for the recipient to put together. Think outside the box!

Kyria
www.crossyr.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  09:16:44 AM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Oh, this will be so fun. I can't ride horses anymore so I just have to hug a horses neck. If there was a horse and cart .. I could at least have something of the "feeling" ...LOL

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

~Hencho for the Heart of Texas Henhouse~

http://maggielousdaughter.blogspot.com
(in construction!)

Go to Top of Page

HomesteadHerbs
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Christine
Hockley TX
27 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  09:48:37 AM  Show Profile  Send HomesteadHerbs an AOL message  Send HomesteadHerbs a Yahoo! Message
Brooke,

We'll see what we can arrange about having the cart!

Does anybody in the Houston area have a truck and horse trailer, and be willing to swing by and pick up my Haflinger and cart?

Kyria,

Great ideas about the swap! Since I've got time, I can certainly come up with something!

I really do think a swap would be great!

Blessings,
Christine

Go to Top of Page

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  11:22:27 AM  Show Profile
As soon as the weather cools some, I am going to be practicing my campfire and Dutch oven cooking. I've never done gluten free stuff that way before, so I'm going to experiment before I come. Plus, I'm going to try MaryJane's quinoa recipes, too!

Kyria
www.crossyr.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  11:42:02 AM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
I am all for the swap too! :D

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  12:45:08 PM  Show Profile
mmmmm - I love quinoa!!!!

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

HomesteadHerbs
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Christine
Hockley TX
27 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  4:39:40 PM  Show Profile  Send HomesteadHerbs an AOL message  Send HomesteadHerbs a Yahoo! Message
Wanted to share with y'all that I'm an official sister now! Just got my Farmgirl Sister communique! #1997.

Looking forward to enjoying the big family!

Farmgirl Sister #1997

Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  4:46:35 PM  Show Profile
Sad-
I will not be able to attend after all. I have re-entered the workforce due to circumstances, and I will have work/ professional obligations at that time.
If others have camping gear to lend, please post. I do not want anyone to be left out for lack of gear. Items may still be borrowed directly from me, near Austin, TX.
~ Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  5:07:29 PM  Show Profile
Awww, we'll miss you Mary! I hope things go well for you. Thank you for coming up with the idea in the first place!

Kyria
www.crossyr.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  8:43:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,
I just wanted to update you on the what's and where of the Texas Farmgirl Campot.

The date is Oct. 15-17, 2010
The Place is 4869 C.R. 126
Bedias,TX 77831

When we get closer to the date I can post directions for you. I was thinking that you could arrive on Friday anytime after noon and that way you will have plenty of time to set up before dinner. I will provide the main dish for dinner on Friday and the main dish for dinner on Saturday. Also I should have lots of farm fresh eggs for breakfast on both Saturday and Sunday. So if you can please bring whatever you would like to cook to go with the main dish and something for lunches. I have lots of room for campers, tents, horse trailers etc. I do have electric in my barn but only a few plugs if needed. I have stalls in the barn, a round pen and a turn out off one of the stalls. Your horses are more than welcome to come but please have a neg. coggins with you.
As far as activities goes we have ponds for fishing and I have someone coming to do a little talk on grassfed beef and Kyria was going to bring us some info on organic fertilizer.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas you think might be fun.
Let me know if you have any questions. You can post here or email me. I am sooo looking forward to the campout and meeting all you Farmgirls.

Farmgirl Sister #561

Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  8:48:50 PM  Show Profile
Also on the swap, if can be anything from a apron to a kit from the store. I would prefer something handmade myself. I know alot of the girls are very crafty but it could even be something that you crocheted or needlepoint or even something you canned. How about some homemade laundry soap. Just a few suggestions. Nothing expensive! Anyone else have something to suggest for the swap.

Farmgirl Sister #561

Go to Top of Page

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  09:17:22 AM  Show Profile
I've seen a couple of ladies ask if they could bring someone. So far I have 3 other ladies and maybe my 14yo daughter wanting to come. Do they need to join MJ's Farm first? I don't want to presume....

Kyria
www.crossyr.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  09:32:57 AM  Show Profile
What about a charity project, Jennifer?

Kyria
www.crossyr.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  12:36:57 PM  Show Profile
I would like for us to do something for charity. Any ideas ladies? We have a couple of food pantries out here that need flour,sugar and cake mixes. If everyone brought one of those items with them for that I could give it to the food pantry. Would that be something everyone would be okay with?

Farmgirl Sister #561

Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  09:32:06 AM  Show Profile
It's looking like Mom and I are going to be able to come! Since we'll be flying in, we can't bring our trailer so I thought some of you might want the link to our "Farmgirls on the Loose" logo for putting on your trailers, rigs, leather chaps? etc. http://www.farmgirlsisterhood.org/FOTL.asp

Can't wait!!!! I think we'll ship our sleeping bags ahead of our arrival. Let us know if there's anything else you need from "henquarters."

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  10:20:16 AM  Show Profile
Well, this is an exciting development - my little heart is just racing with anticipation!!

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  10:41:38 AM  Show Profile
I must talk to my hubby again and see if there is any way I can come.
Jennifer, is there a hotel anywhere near by he could stay at that weekend? I would need his help to get there and to set up our tent (we do living history and out tent is that type so it takes both of us to set it up).

Caron

Happy Farmgirl Sister #254

"An Apron:Its strings gently tug at us, tenderly, softly calling us to turn back to the old ways".-Above Rubies Magazine
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  10:45:49 AM  Show Profile
I'm having trouble getting to the "Farmgirls on the Loose: logo. Anyone else able to open it and print it?

Caron

Happy Farmgirl Sister #254

"An Apron:Its strings gently tug at us, tenderly, softly calling us to turn back to the old ways".-Above Rubies Magazine
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  10:50:02 AM  Show Profile
emailing you, Caron. Will try to send you the powerpoint of the logo that I have saved on my system.

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  11:11:24 AM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Maryjane and Meg coming to the Texas Farmgirl gathering? I think my day couldn't get any better - I just received some other excellent news, and now THIS!? WOW!!!!!!!

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Outpost: Previous Topic Texas Farmgirl Campout- Fall 2010 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page