MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  2:37:24 PM  Show Profile
There are Texas Farmgirls out there wanting to do a campout!!
The plans are coming together for a Fall Campout, in Bedias, Texas near College Station ( 30 minutes away). This will be held Oct 15, 16, and 17th, 2010.

We can eat, drink ( non alcoholic ok) and be merry, take hikes, fish, rent a boat, do our crafting, etc. Not only that, but we can BRING OUR HORSES with a negative coggins!!! There will be a Farmgirl Swap- bring an item to exchange if you wish to participate. Added to the list of activities, is a HAYRIDE!
We will be gathering items from the local food pantry..

Breakfast and lunch will be up to each Farmgirl, and dinners will have a meat item provided, with all else potlucked!
Does anyone know how to do Dutch oven cooking? That would be a ton of fun!
~ Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)

Edited by - MaryLD on Aug 16 2010 4:49:06 PM

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  1:47:44 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Mary!! I wish I lived closer to you!! I would love to do a campout with you!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  3:25:49 PM  Show Profile
A campout sounds so refreshing. I'll have to google where Leander is. I'm in the Houston area. There are lots of bed and breakfast type places that have programs for retreats.....scrapbooking, crafting, etc.... Tent camping is always enjoyable.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  8:00:16 PM  Show Profile
Oh, man, I wish I could! My health won't allow it. :-(
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  08:01:26 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I'm in Houston too. Where are you from there?
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  10:19:54 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
I'm in Virginia and not coming to Texas ny time soon but the camp out sounds great. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  2:17:17 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, I tried to subscribe to this tread, but it blipped- I though nobody was writing back!!
I'm 35 minutes north from downtown Austin. I could head down Houston way, or we could meet in the middle!
Any thoughts on when and where????
I'll be in Haiti June 26- July 10th and I wonder if it might be good to time for Fall since we need time to plan AND the weather will be getting HOT at some point. I'm totally open to ideas!
~ Mary LD

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  09:17:09 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Fall is a great time. Let me know what you decide.

Good Luck in Haiti and stay safe. God Bless.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  1:01:16 PM  Show Profile
We could have it during the Farmgirls campout in Kansas City area, which I think is mid September. Unless anyone wants to carpool right on up there!
My son graduates in June, and has freestyle wrestling most Saturdays in April/ May. That's another reason I thought Fall. I can have something at my place, or we could pick another place. I'm new to Texas though, so I would need pointers on where.
Mary LD

Go to Top of Page

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  5:41:46 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
Oh Boy..campout!! Just let me know when!! and where!!!..I dont need a tent..I sleep in my Blazer..lol...I got some camping stuff too..mmm..I have a cast iron dutch oven that can be used to baked a nice cobbler in..I use cast iron skillets to cook with at home..mmm...I am a school bus driver and I know how to use a map....lol..

Love me like I am. farmgirl #801
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  8:02:25 PM  Show Profile
Awesome Moodene, YAY!
Perfect Perfect perfect!!
We'll need a time and place if you have any ideas. One idea was my house.
Mary LD

Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  8:38:48 PM  Show Profile
Count me in, as interested, I prefer to keep it in Texas, but would love to meet other Farmgirls,I could get a tent or sleep in my suv,I think fall is better also. I have a dutch oven we can use to,but not much experience cooking over fire with it. Hobo Packs are good,(foil, filled with potatoes,vege,and meat,) sealed up and slid into the fire and coals, or baked potatoes. Am game to help do whatever, just count me in. Farmgirl #946
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  8:45:25 PM  Show Profile
I'm pretty good with a hobo apck, if I do say so myself!!
Where is Montgomery, Linda?
Moodene is 4 hours from me, and I'm near Austin in the Hill Country. Moodene, are you near Dallas?
Any ideas about location??
MAry LD

Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  9:14:23 PM  Show Profile
I am 54 miles northwest of Houston, I am 20 miles west of Conroe,It takes me about 2 hours and 20 minutes to get to Austin. Can't think of any particular location, I can go just about anywhere.
Go to Top of Page

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  1:14:49 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
Nope....55 miles east of Houston and 35 miles west of Beaumont,right off US Highway 90 east.. I have 19.8 acres of land that me and my kids camped on..lol..14 acres of woods and 5 acres that my house sets on. I just got my place almost cleaned up from 2 Hurricanes-Rita and Ike..lol..

Go to Top of Page

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  1:21:39 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
We made our own firepit,outside shower from waterhose,slept under a blanket we used as a tent...lol.The only thing we used in the house was the bathroom..they wasn't about to sit on a bucket with a seat on it..no way.. standing there..shaking their head back and forth..hahahaha

Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  5:46:49 PM  Show Profile
Great story, Moodene!
LOVE it!
Mary LD

Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  05:36:03 AM  Show Profile
Anyone ready to pick a date for this?
Rene posted a list of Farmgirl Roundups in Gathered Up.
Right now, ours does not have a date or a location, but I posted it to Rene as tentatively at my house...
Please check your calendars. I know it's quite a ways off.
I thought maybe we could do it the weekend of the Kansas City Farmgirl Campout, since none of us are able to travel that far. I think it's Sept 15-16, and I should chack my calendar, too, on that!!
Mary LD

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  07:03:19 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Mary,
This sounds like so much fun.. wish I were closer too. I am putting on the final touches on Prosser Farmgirls camp out at the end of April... yee-haw!

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.Prosserfarmgirls.ning.com

Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2010 :  10:54:54 AM  Show Profile
I would like to do the campout. I am just 30 east of College Station. We have 50 acres with 3 ponds(2 with fish)I have a horse trailer with living quarters the I can set up anywhere for the potty. If you have horses you can bring them to ride. We have lots of dirt roads or we can ride in the pastures. Or I can come anywhere.
Jennifer

Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians and SportHorses
www.whisperwindsarabians.com
Farmgirl Sister #561
Never squat with your spurs on!!!

www.throughjenslens.etsy.com
http://twitter.com/arabhorselover
www.hillbilliehoneys.blogspot.com
www.kountrybumpkinfarmgirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

justbe
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Kris
Garland Texas
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  7:04:35 PM  Show Profile
Hey Mary-

I'm 3 hours from you in Dallas. I work for myself so my schedule is open so anytime works for me. This is so exciting to meet other Texas farm girls. Please count me in and keep me posted.

Kris
Farmgirl #1761

“Not all those who wander are lost.”
- J. R. R. Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

HomesteadHerbs
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Christine
Hockley TX
27 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2010 :  10:46:03 AM  Show Profile  Send HomesteadHerbs an AOL message  Send HomesteadHerbs a Yahoo! Message
Mary,

I'd love to campout. Are we planning a weekend or during the week? During the week is out for me, but second and fourth weekend of September/October is good for me.

I've got several dutch ovens, and I can follow a recipe! :-)

Has a location been determined?

Living a Godly simple life with 2 kids, a Haflinger, and hens. Would love a Jersey hand milked cow! :-)
Go to Top of Page

TeaPriestess
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Dionne
Duluth Georgia
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2010 :  9:03:35 PM  Show Profile
I so wish I was heading back to Texas for this! I've still got family and friends in San Antonio.

"Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world."- Tien Yiheng
Yay I'm Farmgirl Sister #1690!
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  08:52:41 AM  Show Profile
I just got back from Haiti yesterday morning, and I'm getting caught up on this tread! Arabian Horse Lover and / or I will be posting an update soon. I think her place sounds great, and I would love to meet there. I think that will turn out to be the plan, and we could bring horses! Just Be, I'm 15 minutes from I- 35, and we could take my truck and horse trailer from here if you would like to ride share. You are the only person so far north, I THINK!!!
~ Mary LD

Edited by - MaryLD on Jul 12 2010 12:03:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2010 :  3:33:08 PM  Show Profile
I spoke with Mary and we thought that my place would be good because I am kinda in the middle of everyone. We have plenty of room for campers or tents! We can have a campfire for cooking. Bring you fishing poles if you like to fish. We have 2 ponds we can fish out of. I also have a Big 4 stall barn and plenty of room if you would like to bring your horses to ride. Please make sure if you do that you have a neg coggins with you. I will get back with you all soon with a date. Now can you all give us some suggestions for some fun activities? We would like to get together as a group and do something for a charity. Mary suggested doing handmade pillowcases or bringing a box of food for a food pantry. We have a food pantry here in my town and they need sugar, flour and cake mixes. Start throwin out some ideas at us.

Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians and SportHorses
www.whisperwindsarabians.com
Farmgirl Sister #561
Never squat with your spurs on!!!

www.throughjenslens.etsy.com
http://twitter.com/arabhorselover
www.hillbilliehoneys.blogspot.com
www.kountrybumpkinfarmgirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2010 :  05:26:00 AM  Show Profile
This is going to be SO great!!!!!!!
I'll be bringing two horses- which ones I bring depends on which of my friends comes along or if someone wants to borrow one for the weekend.
I just checked, and the ConKerr cancer Farmgirl Pillowcase drive has been completed. I totally missed the thread!!! I had planned to make several upon my return from Haiti, and I still will. Maybe others would want to join in. I'll be happy to bring food bank items, as well!!!
Would anyone want to teach a little class on Farmgirl topics? Dutch oven cooking, maybe? Maybe we could get someone from the Dutch Oven Cooking Society to come teach us. The Dutch oven is Texas' official cooking implement, after all!
Ladies, don't let a lack of camping gear hold you back. Some of us will have tents and camping beds to lend, and we can pool campstoves, for sure. Send me an email if you need to borrow or have items to lend.
~ Mary LD

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Outpost: Previous Topic Texas Farmgirl Campout- Fall 2010 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page