Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  1:07:46 PM  Show Profile
New thing for me the color white. Maybe all this snow has me in a trance. Or maybe I like the color white. Is white a color? Anyway been a little crazy around here the last few days, seem to want to change everything around. I did add a lot of white to my bedroom. I took a picture of a bit of it.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  2:25:31 PM  Show Profile
When I quilt, and I'm looking at "white", there is always a whole row to choose from. I like white in the house because it matches my husky's hair! Cute pics, Carol

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  3:00:39 PM  Show Profile
I love white with Big yellow daisies. It says Spring to me. ;-) Daddy use to say to my Mom,"White ain't a color and vanilla ain't a flavor", Because she liked both! hahahah

Sister-chick# 905(Oct.7th2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  06:33:51 AM  Show Profile
I like the white and I call it a color---though it's not. My bedroom is white--shabby chic. All the furniture is white and the curtains are sorta maroon but brighter and so was my bedspread but now I have a quilt with different colors but mostly the color of the curtains. Same color as the rug--burgandy? I like it. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

beadbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

148 Posts

Therese
Valencia California
USA
148 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  07:38:12 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, White is most definitly a color! Here's what Webster's has to say about it: the color of pure snow or milk; of the color of radiated, transmitted, or reflected light containing all of the visible rays of the spectrum: achromatic color opposite to black.

As a child, I used to think white was the absence of all color and that black was the combination of all color. Think of a prism...no color until held to light, when magically all colors radiate out from it!

Therese

If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud. ~Emile Zola
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  3:44:17 PM  Show Profile
Very Nice! I bought a big white pitcher at Goodwill yesterday for my daughter, It's really old fashioned looking and has a lustre ware finish. Just what you need to stuff a big bunch of wildflowers in. I think the white accents always look great. But right now I want some green!

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  08:38:57 AM  Show Profile
I love white and did my bedroom in it once years ago. It didn't last very long as I had three children, two dogs and three cats at the time. When the Labrador dug up one of his bones during a rain storm and ran past me when I let them in and ran right into my bedroom and jumped up onto the middle of my white bedspread with muddy feet and a muddy bone I gave up and dyed everything dark purple.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Thinking White Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page