Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 TOTE SWAP- Watch WooHoo! Applied 4 badge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic TOTE SWAP- Watch WooHoo! Applied 4 badge Next Topic
Page: of 11

chick-chick
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Liz
New Britain CT
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  7:04:29 PM  Show Profile
Kathy,
Your tote should be going out on Monday.
Go to Top of Page

redbud
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Christine
Luther Oklahoma
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  09:05:22 AM  Show Profile
I got my tote from Linda in the mail today, it's beautiful! I can't wait to use it next time I go shopping!

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v676/luv8junebug/?action=view¤t=001-2.jpg][/URL]
(should be a clicky pic)

to everything there is a season, a time to every purpose under heaven
http://christine-88stitches.blogspot.com
http://myoklahomagarden.blogspot.com
farmgirl sister# 1194
Go to Top of Page

redbud
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Christine
Luther Oklahoma
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  09:07:30 AM  Show Profile
ok, this is my first time posting pics to the forum and that's not a clicky pic! lol

to everything there is a season, a time to every purpose under heaven
http://christine-88stitches.blogspot.com
http://myoklahomagarden.blogspot.com
farmgirl sister# 1194
Go to Top of Page

foreverbooks
True Blue Farmgirl

514 Posts

Carole
Tombstone AZ
USA
514 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  11:50:39 AM  Show Profile
My package went out to Victoria this morning.

Carole

In light, love, and friendship!
Go to Top of Page

vintage saver
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

oleta
wheelersburg ohio
USA
323 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  2:06:30 PM  Show Profile
MaryLD, I got your tote today! It's wonderful! and all repurposed fabric. I love,love,love it! I liked your cute little hedgehog card,too. Thanks so much!
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  12:57:13 PM  Show Profile
Shirley, I love the totes. They are so wonderful. I took them to my office and showed them off today. I have tried all afternoon to post the pictures and am now giving up I am sorry I could not show off your beautiful handiwork.
delicia
Go to Top of Page

chick-chick
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Liz
New Britain CT
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  1:05:51 PM  Show Profile
Kathy,
I recieved your tote today and it is beautiful! I love the colors and the pocket on the outside, very handy.
I'm beginning to think that I'm in over my head. You ladies are way out of my league. I hope you aren't disappointed, but please
know it is from the heart and I"ll get it out on Monday.
Thanks, Liz
P.S. I'll see if I can figure out how to post a picture so everybody can see it.

Edited by - chick-chick on Apr 16 2010 1:07:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  1:14:34 PM  Show Profile

Shirley, Here it is in beautiful living color... Thank you again
delicia
Go to Top of Page

Dianaw1123
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Diana
Farmington MN
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  1:22:25 PM  Show Profile
Lin,

I got my tote yesterday!!! I had three farmgirl packages yesterday it was like Christmas and i needed the perk...long week at work before I had to leave for a conference :)

The bag is big and roomy and SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute with a little tea pot on the front and will be perfect for shopping at farmers markets which are right around the corner. And I forgot...its got blue on it. I didnt have time to take a picture last night and my plane left at 6am today, so when I get home next week I will take one.

Thank you so much Lin!!!

Happy Day and a big Hug
Diana

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built. "
Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

bdhughes77
True Blue Farmgirl

126 Posts

Debbie
Menomonie WI
USA
126 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  1:27:06 PM  Show Profile
Liz, Please don't fell like you're out of your league. As far as I'm concerned anything that's "homemade" is wonderful! And even if yours doesn't turn out quite like you'd like it remember there are hundreds of uses for totes beside taking them to the market....my favorite is storing unfinished craft projects and craft supplies!
Debbie

Count your blessings!
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  1:31:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi Diana,
You are so welcome and I'm thrilled that you like it!! Yes, the blue on it was VERY important, so I chose accordingly!! So much fun to get surprises especially after a very hectic week, and flying can certainly do that to you!! Try to relax this weekend....you will "stylin" at the Farmers Market!! Hugs, Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

Shirley Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

Shirley
Beulaville North Carolina
USA
115 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  3:42:28 PM  Show Profile
Delicia,
I'm so glad you love the totes that I made. I hope you enjoy using them as much as I will using the ones you sent me.

Shirley

The distance between friends is never too far
Go to Top of Page

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  6:15:34 PM  Show Profile
Debbie/bdhughes77: I just wanted to assure you that I haven't forgotten you. I may not be as fast as some of these other ladies, but I am making progress! I found the perfect item at Goodwill today to make into a bag. Cost me all of 49 cents! ;-) Right now I'm brainstorming about handles. I'll let you know how it goes.

Kyria
www.crossyr.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bdhughes77
True Blue Farmgirl

126 Posts

Debbie
Menomonie WI
USA
126 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  8:02:39 PM  Show Profile
Kyria...Whew...what a relief. I was just looking at the fabric for yours...still trying to decide on a pattern so we're in the same boat. Take your time, there's no rush. I have a monthly quilt class and I told myself I couldn't start on your tote until I got all four of the blocks done...I only have one to go!!!

Debbie

Count your blessings!
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  05:47:51 AM  Show Profile
Liz, I am glad you received the tote. Yes please post a photo. I love to sew. That fabric was on the discount shelf at Walmart. The red piece was $1.00 and the solid black was $.75. Now normally I do not purchase fabric from them. But I do get a lot of my notions there. That red fabric just jumped out at me last year and it was such a deal, I had to purchase it. But after I got it home I had no idea what to do with it. (I have a lot of fabric I don't know what to do with) This tote swap was the perfect trick. I hope you get a lot of use from it.
Have a great weekend!

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
http://khartquilt.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  06:55:11 AM  Show Profile
Dear Oleta,
I'm SO glad you liked the tote!! I was hoping you would like the dominate color, red- lol!!
I LOVE the one you sent. What a great repurposing idea, to use a woman's jumper and keep the pockets in place!!! I don't know how to do yo yos, so it's fun to have something with those on it!!!!!!
I'm about to go take it to the Farmer's mkt in the RAIN. It is sturdy, it will hold up!!!
When the weather clears, I will take some pictures of the tote, to post. I'm going to get hubby to help me post some pics of the one I sent you, later today or tomorrow.
~ Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  06:56:52 AM  Show Profile
PS
I would do this swap again. It brought out a whole new sense of creativity and purposefulness.
~ Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

chick-chick
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Liz
New Britain CT
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  2:49:56 PM  Show Profile
Debbie, Thanks for the pep talk. Feeling out of my league won't stop me from trying (like the little engine that could!)
I guess it's all in how you look at things, at least I'm having a good time and it has gotten my creative juices flowing again.

Kathy what a deal!! I wish I knew how to sew I see fabric I'd like to buy (and sometimes do) then it sits around. Yours should go out on Monday, but I'm not real happy with it so I may go another route, in that case it may take a little longer.I'll keep you posted

Liz
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  10:03:16 AM  Show Profile
Victoria, I would LOVE to do this swap again!! I found a great tote pattern at the local Flea Market for 30 cents, so am going to start sewing. Also found a couple of denim jumpers to repurpose, so I feel, as many do, this has really gotten me thinking in a new direction! Thank you for all your hard work!! Hugs, Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!

Edited by - Lin on Apr 19 2010 10:04:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7481 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7481 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  11:06:24 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
My tote went out to Bag Lady Diva/Viola on April 7, before I had major surgery on April 12. I haven't heard that she received it yet, but I know she had surgery on April 14, so I am not worried. I hope she likes the two totes I sent.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  7:30:43 PM  Show Profile
You are very welcome Lin. This has been a fun swap. Surely there is someone that is working on their shopping green badge that would like to host another swap.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  05:45:54 AM  Show Profile
Liz, take your time. Honestly, there is no rush.
I am so far behind in a few other swaps. I have fabric all cut and ready. I am just not feeling it these days. I hope to get in my sewing room this weekend and sew till I drop to finish all my swaps. Then, I think I will be taking a brake for a while.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
http://khartquilt.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  11:54:01 AM  Show Profile
Carole I got my totes today. WOW! I love them. The bird fabric with the jeans is beautiful. I will post a picture this evening. I have been outside working in the garden and came into get some lunch and wanted to let you know I got it. And the package of Tombstone stuff for my husband is too much. I'm excited for him to get home this afternoon. You can bet someday we will have lunch on the streets of Tombstone. Thank you Carole.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

foreverbooks
True Blue Farmgirl

514 Posts

Carole
Tombstone AZ
USA
514 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  12:13:44 PM  Show Profile
Victoria,

I'm so glad that you like the jean tote. The jean tote is made from used jeans and the woman that makes them does beautiful work! Come visit us in Tombstone!

Carole

In light, love, and friendship!
Go to Top of Page

bdhughes77
True Blue Farmgirl

126 Posts

Debbie
Menomonie WI
USA
126 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  12:59:31 PM  Show Profile
Hey sistas'....how about posting some pictures...I'm dying to see what's been created!

Debbie

Count your blessings!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic TOTE SWAP- Watch WooHoo! Applied 4 badge Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page