Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Sick Day Movie- The Last Unicorn
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Sick Day Movie- The Last Unicorn Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  6:21:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Nora and I are having a sick day. We both have this nasty throat infection/ear infection thing going on- though my ear was only sore for a day.

Anyway we have been too wiped out to do much of anything so it has been a movie day for us. She has re-discovered the movie "The Last Unicorn" and has asked for me to restart it about 3 times now! It's such a good movie. I love it. Anyone else familiar with this movie? I love the ending!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  6:37:59 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I have never heard of it! What is it about? I am not feeling so great either. :( I hope you and Nora get better soon!! I love both your names by the way! :) Oh, and your horses name too! :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  7:36:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Channah- It's about a Unicorn that one day finds out she is that last Unicorn left and goes out on a journey to see if it is true or not. She finds out that a Red Bull has chased them all into the Sea at the whim of a sad old King. Along the way she meets up with a want to be wizard and a woman who had been wanting to see a Unicorn her entire life. It's a great story and at one point she ends up being turned into a human and learning to love. You should watch it sometime! I bet you would like it. Does your family do Netflix?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  7:42:13 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
It sounds really good!! Thank you!! We do get Netflix so I will put it on our list! Thank you again so much!! I hope you ladies feel better soon!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  10:01:02 PM  Show Profile
I remember The Last Unicorn! Wow, that's an older animated movie for sure! I remember watching it as a kid, I didn't think anyone knew that much about it! :) Hope you and baby feel better, Alee

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View My Work:

art/dolls: www.vagabondcreations.blogspot.com

The Horse Drawn Project and Farming!
www.beyondvagabond.blogspot.com

View the blog and radio show!
Renegade Farming!: www.therenegadefarmer.com

NEXT RADIO SHOW: February 28th ~ Interview with Karen Keb of Hobby Farms and Hank Will of GRIT magazine!
Go to Top of Page

katmiller
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Katherine
Elk City Oklahoma
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  01:56:42 AM  Show Profile
Love The Last Unicorn! another of my fav older animated movies is The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  03:29:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That's a good one too! I also love "The Hobbit". Looks like Nora and I aren't getting better so we are off to the doctor first thing. I feel so bad for her. She is still too young to get the most effective over the counter medicines and my home remedies aren't working. I so want to take the day off work but we'll see. Nora's daycare lady will make her a nest on her couch and keep her hydrated and comfortable for me, but I don't want to get any other children sick. So we will probably be taking the day off again.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  06:52:41 AM  Show Profile
I saw all three of these movies as a kid. The kids across the street had a vcr years before my family did, and we only saw them when we visited their house, so they were memorable for sure! I always thought The Last Unicorn was rather dark and scary...I'd love to see it again now. Did you know it was based on a book? The author is Peter S. Beagle, but it's not a kids book. Maybe "young adult" before that was a bookstore genre.
Go to Top of Page

redbud
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Christine
Luther Oklahoma
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  12:50:30 PM  Show Profile
We have the Last Unicorn too! My daughter discovered it in the $5 movie bin at walmart, it's a very sweet movie.

to everything there is a season, a time to every purpose under heaven
http://christine-88stitches.blogspot.com
http://myoklahomagarden.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  5:51:14 PM  Show Profile
OMG!!! that was one of my favorite movies as a kid! i saw it was on sale at wal-mart not long ago, i should have picked it up.

i agree, too, that the animation is very similar to The Hobbit (the new movie is slated to come out in 2012, i'm so excited!). anyway, alee, thanks for bringing this up... i think i'll have to go watch it soon!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  6:06:50 PM  Show Profile
All three of my kids loved that movie. It is wonderful.

Give thanks to yourself everyday for all the wonderful things you do!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Sick Day Movie- The Last Unicorn Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page