kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  05:31:01 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness. I just looked out the back window that looks out in the back pasture. There are so many different kinds of birds out there! I saw Red Winged blackbirds and Robins and Doves and Sparrows. But there is a whole flock of a bird I don't think I have seen before. They are a fat bodied bird with a bright yellow underside, chest and head. It's not the Golden finch. These are much bigger. They are beautiful. Does anyone know what they are. Also some other birds that look like they have black eye liner on real heavy all the way to their ears. Also mocking birds, my favorite birds. And Redbirds, too. But those yellow birds are so beautiful. I'll go to Mrs. T's and look them up in her bird book. They almost look like, not the pheasant, but the other bird people hunt.

So much going on out there today! They are finding all kinds of good stuff out back. They must like goat poop! I love birds. But I can't feed them because I have 6 cats and several strays that hang here. So I figure theat would not be fair to them.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  5:27:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kris:
Sorry, I have no idea what kind of bird it could be. However, talking about Birds.... this morning, my outside cats left parts of a big black bird with a red beck by the back door. Gross!!!!! The feathers were every where. It took me an hour to clean that mess. LOL.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  5:46:08 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Aren't birds just wonderful!! I love to sit and watch them! They always seem so friendly and not a care in the world. :) I love them!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  7:06:36 PM  Show Profile
Marly, aren't cats mean? That's what mine do all the time around here. It makes me sad to see bird feathers. But I know that's just what they do. I didn't get out today but I will look at the bird book then. I want to know what that bird is.

I had to get 2 more bluebird houses. They are back and looking for houses. So I have 3 now. I just hope the finches stay out of them.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  8:59:40 PM  Show Profile
Kris:
Let me know when you figure out what kind of bird it was.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic So Many Birds !!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page