Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Remedies for hair loss?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Remedies for hair loss? Next Topic  

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  3:38:10 PM  Show Profile
My boss is rapidly losing her hair on the top of her head. Is there anything she can take to make her hair grow back & stop falling out? She had a severe reaction to Rogaine for women and was hoping their was something natural she could do.

Thanks,
Dawn in IL

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  4:15:08 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Greens, greens, greens! Eat more leafy greens.
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  6:49:06 PM  Show Profile

Thanks Channah! I'll tell my boss that. She said her grandmother went bald on top & she's terrified that she is following in her footsteps!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  8:04:53 PM  Show Profile
My hair fell out during a severe illness- or maybe more like while I was recovering.
I took something that was literally called something like " Women's Hair Loss Formula." It said on the bottle that women lose hair due to stress, illness, hormone changes, and thyroid problems. I will call the store where I bought mine, as soon as I can. It was when I lived in another state/ time zone.
I was 38 when this happened. The natural supplement was not cheap but I was not going to complain! I took one or two bottles of it, and my hair filled back in well enough that I just had to let it grow out. I went from mid- back lenght hair, to balding with a pixie cut. Once my hair filled back in, I ended up liking it short.
Good luck to your boss.
~ Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  8:11:33 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Mary. My boss is convinced this is due to genetics. I believe it is stress. She lost her only child back in September and she has a very stressful job. Thanks for taking the time out to look up what you had used. I know she will be very grateful for your help.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  12:34:04 PM  Show Profile
Dawn,
I called the store where I'd purchased the product, and they no longer have it in stock. She searched the shelves for me. There are other formulas out there, I'm sure. I wish I could have been of more help.
I agree- stress is likely involved. the new genetics say, that some genes only express in the presence of stress/ trauma. Loss of one's omly child would be very, very hard to intigrate. My husbad was 33 when he died, and I went through it with his mother.
I wish your boss the best,
Mary

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  2:50:40 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all of your help on this Mary. I will check with Whole Foods this weekend about a formula.

I'm so sorry about the loss of your husband. My bosses son died in his sleep at the age of 12. He had epilepsy and they had done surgery because the seizures were getting worse and worse. There was a 1% chance of it causing death, so they had gone ahead with it. Her son was doing well, then he passed away. She is a very strong woman and does her best not to let the sadness overwhelm her.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  7:52:17 PM  Show Profile
My husband also died in his sleep, and had seizures. His seizures were CAUSED by surgery- or rather, anestheisa. There was a 1: 150,000 risk that the anestheisa would go wrong. Somehow, his time to go, came when it did.
None of us know how long we will be on this earth, and why we are chosen to stay or go.
Thanks for reaching out to your boss.
Hugs,
Mary

Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Remedies for hair loss? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page