Page: of 2

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  10:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi, I was thinking about joining the Sisterhood but would like to find out more about it. What do you have to do? What is all this talk about badges? How do you earn them? Does it cost lots? I'm a newbie to all this so you will probably have to start from the very beginning with me. lol Thank you!!
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  03:32:19 AM  Show Profile
Hey!
It's a kind of "girl scouts" for farmgirls. MJ has put together projects to complete and then earn badges. Each project is divided into beginner, intermediate and expert. You start at beginner level and work your way up. After completing a goal/project you submit a type of "essay" about it. You then receive your badge for that project. That's it in a nutshell.

You do so many farmgirl skills that you would be great at this.

I am certain there are other farmgirls that can give you more info. on their experience. Although I'm a member in the sisterhood, I have not submitted for any badges yet. I've printed out all the projects onto paper and have made a binder to keep up with it. I've done several of the projects but just haven't taken the time to submit them.

But, as always, you have inspired me! Perhaps I'll get moving on this.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  05:51:06 AM  Show Profile
Channah I am a member of the sisterhood, but have not submitted anything yet. We could work on this together. Although me may be doing different things, we can encourage each other. How about it little farmgirl?
Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  06:00:06 AM  Show Profile
I'm with Brenda!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus ...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
My Etsy: Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures ...http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  06:08:07 AM  Show Profile
Channah, you would be great at getting badges! Go to the main page and read how to join. I think it is about $20.00 though. I joined and also bought the farmgirl sisterhood necklace (which I love) but I haven't submitted anything yet. I am with Brenda and Karrieann on this. We can start working on some badges together. You can be our farmgirl little sister, I would be willing to pay the fee for you, I know how you struggle with money to feed your goats and pay for shipping and buy yarn and stuff. E-mail me your address and I will see if I can just go on and sign up for you and pay over the internet. I saved your address from your last thank you note but part of it is torn.

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  07:06:43 AM  Show Profile
Channah, it is a done deal! I just ordered your sisterhood membership and am having it shipped to your house! Next you will have to save up and get the necklace. We shall start working on our badges...but gardening season is soon coming upon us. You will get a hexagon icon soon and an official sisterhood number!
Feels good to do a random act of kindness!
farmgirl sister #922oes

Edited by - Fiddlehead Farm on Mar 03 2010 07:08:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  08:23:49 AM  Show Profile
That was awesome Diana, so happy for you Channah! I've been a member for some time but have never submitted anything either. I'd like to start working on earning some badges as well.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  08:29:47 AM  Show Profile
Diane, you have a lovely heart :-) I am pretty sure your action will bless you and Channah over and over again. Have fun working on your badges!

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  08:49:31 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I feel like a baby sitting here crying... I don't know what I did to deserve such kindness from you farmgirls! From the bottom of my heart I Thank you so much!

Diane, I am speachless. words don't seem good enough right now. But I thank you sooo many times from my heart! My thankfulness can't even be put in words. I wish I could fly to where you live and give you the biggest hug you have ever had!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart!! You are a true farmgirl and a sweetheart at that.

Ladies, I would happily take you up on your offer to work on badges together! We will have the time of our lives!

A million times thank you everyone! May you all have a beautiful, wonderful, blessed day and know that you made this little farmgirl cry tears of joy!

Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  08:56:23 AM  Show Profile
Oh you sweetheart!, you deserve it so much.
Diane, you DO have a lovely heart and are so sweet, Thank you for being an exemplary farm girl and reaching out to bring joy to another's life =)

Blessings and light to all of you and have fun with the merit badges.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  09:05:49 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you sweet Annika!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  09:22:41 AM  Show Profile
My dearest little farmgirl sister Channah, you have touched my heart in many ways and I just wanted to touch yours. I know how money can get in the way of things sometimes, especially when you are young. Your thank you is so sweet that I have a lump in my throat and a little tear welling up in my eye. It really makes me feel good to be able to do this for you! I feel your hug even though you are far away. Have a wonderful day!

farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

Brian
Honorary Farmgirl

521 Posts

Brian
Moscow ID
USA
521 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  12:48:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Channah,

I was talking to Mary Jane about your Sisterhood Membership and she is really impressed with the actions of everyone. I just got off the phone with Diane and I let her know that we were going to gift the Membership to you. Megan is writing the address on the envelope and your Sisterhood Badge and packet will be showing up soon. MaryJane wanted to make sure that a Sisterhood Member is willing to step up and virtually mentor Channah with the badges.

I personally think everyone here is amazing for the kindness that is being displayed.

thank you,

~Brian

"A different world cannot be built by indifferent people."
Go to Top of Page

Brian
Honorary Farmgirl

521 Posts

Brian
Moscow ID
USA
521 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  12:53:30 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I forgot to mention. Your Farmgirl Sisterhood number is 1219.

"A different world cannot be built by indifferent people."
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  1:09:36 PM  Show Profile
My dearest farmgirl little sister Channah, as you can see Mary Jane and Brian are very generous! I was actually so grateful to them because now I bought the sisterhood necklace for you. I ordered it and it will be on it's way. I am sure that I, along with lots of other farmgirl's would mentor you on your badges. We can all work on them together! It feels good to be part of such a great group of farmgirl sisters.

farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  1:29:49 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh golly, is this really happening? Someone fly over and pinch me! I have a little red thing under my name!! I'm farmgirl 1219! Is this real? It feels like a dream! Thank you all so much for making this happen! I had no idea this would happen. I only asked a few questions! Thank you a million times over!

Brian, MaryJane, Megan, Thank you all so much for all you did to make this happen! MaryJane, thank you for your kindness and for being who you are!!

Everyone, I thank you so much!! I still can't believe it!

Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  1:31:48 PM  Show Profile

Channah,

Congratulations!!! What a day for you...I am sure you are so happy with everything that has unfolded for you today...and Diane, what a dear and sweet person you are to do such kind things for Channah...

Smiles...

Love like there is no tomorrow!!!

"Country Girl at Heart"...
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  1:34:07 PM  Show Profile
Dearest little SISTER!!! You're a memebr of the sisterhood now, how cool is that?
MaryJane, Brian and Megan...I'm sooooooo thrilled that she has been allowed to become a sister ...she is so much a part of this forum and so self sufficient and talented, I completely forgot about her age! You all are the best!!!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  1:47:45 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Diane, I am shocked speachless. This has to be a dream! But its a wonderful dream and I don't want to wake up from it. It was the icing on the cake after little Ebony Jane was born. How could I ever ask for more.

Judy, Thank you so much!!

Annika, It is so cool! Words can't even explain how cool it is. Thank you for being my friend!

I do have one question... Who is the lady who is going to help me with the badges? Did I read that right?

Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  1:48:11 PM  Show Profile
Channah!!!
I am so excited that you are "official" now! What a great bunch of women...all of you make me feel so proud and so gifted to know you. Thank you Mary Jane and Brian for doing your "thing"...
way to go little sister! Looking forward to seeing you earn some merit badges....
hugs
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  1:49:59 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you so much Janie!!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  3:01:08 PM  Show Profile
Yeaaaa...Channah is our LittleFarmgirlSister-born twice! That was so sweet Diana. You got the ball rolling and it snowballed...and a very great snowball at that. Congrats "Little #1219"...you deserve it!! I got a tear in my eye, am hopping up'n down in my seat,clapping and grinning from ear to ear...again!!!BIG[[[HUGS]]]Little Sister!

Sister-chick# 905(Oct.7th2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  6:50:50 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Judy!! I'm your ladies little Sister!! How fun and exciting!! A big hug back to you too!!!!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  7:08:19 PM  Show Profile
Channah - I have copied and pasted the merit badges into a word document (then printed it out and put it in a binder). If it would make starting on your way easier I would be glad to email you a copy. Let me know what you think when you float back down to earth :-) Congratulations #1219

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  7:11:36 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That would be wonderful Karen!! Thank you so much!!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  7:24:54 PM  Show Profile
Channah, I am happy for you! And what a great bunch of big sisters you have here. I never even noticed you didn't have the hexagon. This is just one more example of the MJF connection here. This really has helped me to see this. I hope you get lots of merit badges. It makes me want to earn some, too.

Hugs, little sis.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Sisterhood question! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page