Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 *Another UPDATE* Prayers for my uncle and aunt
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic *Another UPDATE* Prayers for my uncle and aunt Next Topic  

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  5:35:53 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
My mom called a bit ago to let me know that uncle Bobby has passed on. While we know that it is good that he is no longer suffering and that he has gone home, he will be dearly missed. Please keep my aunt and the boys in your thoughts and prayers. God bless. Hugs~Melanie

Thank you for your prayers. My aunt has been able to get hospice to come in. They don't believe my uncle has much longer to go. Back in November he was healthy and full of life. he weighed about 180. In January he got sick. February he was diagnosed with cancer. Now he might weigh 110-115lbs. Even though he has a feeding tube, he is not getting any nourishment. And they are giving him morphine every hour. We know he can't go much longer in this condition. He does still try to be himslef on occasion- like flirting with the cute lil blonde nurse. LOL But for the most part he does not know what is going on. Please continue to pray for my family. It is so greatly appreciated. Hugs to all of you~ Melanie

Please keep my aunt and uncle in your prayers. My uncle has been diagnosed with cancer. The last I heard, the doctor has given him about 6 weeks. He is in a lot of pain and my aunt is trying to work and take care him the rest of the time. She is not sleeping or eating much. They really need a hospice care that will come in and help her take of him. So please keep them in your prayers that they my aunt may get the help that she needs and my uncle can find some relief from the pain.

thank you
Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/

Edited by - melanie47601 on Mar 28 2010 6:53:42 PM

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  5:40:56 PM  Show Profile
Melanie, I'm so sorry to hear this. I pray that your Aunt can find her way to getting hospice in to help and that you uncle can pass peacefully. Your poor Aunt, I can't imagine her pain and I hope that she is comforted and given peace soon. How terribly sad.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  6:54:29 PM  Show Profile
Prayers and positive energy sent.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  9:11:44 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Prayers sent!
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  9:59:09 PM  Show Profile
Melanie, my prayers are heading your way. If there is any way possible, my advice would be to get Hospice into the home. I cannot say enough good about them.

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  04:27:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi Melanie -

Prayers being sent -

Luanne

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  04:39:57 AM  Show Profile
Melanie prayers are being sent that your Aunt can get some help and rest. She needs that desperately right now. Hospice was an answer to pray when my daddy was dealing with cancer. And I pray for relief of the pain your uncle has. He deserves to leave this earth with peace. Prayers also for you and your family for this is a trying time.

Blessings, Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13647 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13647 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  07:59:13 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Melanie . . . I'm praying too!!!
Hospice was the BEST thing to happen for my family when my mother was dying . . . the BEST!!! They focus on the needs of the entire family . . .
I'm praying!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  1:50:10 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you ladies.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  05:27:46 AM  Show Profile
I am sorry...prayers sent.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  8:40:30 PM  Show Profile
Melanie, I will keep your Aunt and Uncle in my daily prayers. I am sorry to hear their news. God Bless them.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  04:43:36 AM  Show Profile
Prayers sent Melanie!
God's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  09:56:27 AM  Show Profile
I will certainly say a prayer for all of you. Hospice would help them both so much. Your Aunt truly needs some help. She can't keep going at this pace. Your Uncle needs the extra care to help him pass the most painless way possible. I hope they get help soon,

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  07:33:44 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, your aunt and uncle are in my prayers. I pray that his pain will be taken away and that your aunt gets the help she needs. God bless them.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  10:03:45 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, sorry to hear about your Uncle's condition now but glad that hospice is coming in now. That will be a big help to your aunt. You all are in my prayers. Take care and God bless you all.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  10:10:01 AM  Show Profile
Hospice is a blessing in when one of a family is nearing the end of life. Wishing peace and comfort to your family and sending prayers.

Blessings and light

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  7:37:08 PM  Show Profile
Melanie, I'm so sorry to hear about your family's loss. My prayers are with you and your family. I only occasionally stop by this message board and wasn't aware of the pain your family was going through. Cancer is such an "equal opportunity tragedy". So much of the research is for treatment options rather than prevention.
I don't believe I know any family that it has left untouched. It is good that your uncle is finally at rest and his wife and family can take comfort in the fact that he is no longer suffering, but that doesn't really dull the pain of loss for those who have loved him and always will.
Susan

"You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd.....
But you can be happy if you've a mind to. All you've gotta do in knuckle down, buckle down and do it, do it, do it!"
Go to Top of Page

theprimitivepilgrim
True Blue Farmgirl

217 Posts

Michelle
Baggs Wyoming
USA
217 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  9:06:56 PM  Show Profile
Melanie,

So sorry to hear of your loss, and how quickly this has all happened.

Sending love and prayers to your aunt and family~

~Michelle
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  12:03:55 AM  Show Profile
Cancer is so terrible. I'm so sorry that your uncle has passed away. Please except my condolences and sympathy. May god bring peace and comfort to your family.

Love and light

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic *Another UPDATE* Prayers for my uncle and aunt Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page