City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  04:37:18 AM  Show Profile
Where are you a "regular" at? You know, that place "where everyone knows your name?"

For me it's the library. I'm there so often, they all know me. Trader Joe's is starting to know my face now too.

What place do you want to be known as a "regular"?
This summer - it's going to be the Farmers Market!

How about you?

Farm Girl #790

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

krbrown@rocketmail.com
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

Kim
Allendale MI
USA
29 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  04:52:25 AM  Show Profile
I am a regular at our thrift store here in town. I go there sometimes 3 times a week.
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  04:53:16 AM  Show Profile
I'm a regular at our local coffee house (not Starbucks). It's a local mom and pop coffee house with great atmosphere and a drive through. The workers know what you always order. My oldest daughter now works there, but I don't get free coffee!

I'm a regular at the feed store. The owner has a porch for customers to sit and visit.

My whole family are regulars at the library. One of the librarians holds new books that come in that she thinks we will like. It's so cool....like Christmas.....we walk in and she has books for us that haven't even made it to the shelves.

I'd like to NOT be a regular at restaurants......I eat out way too much.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  06:44:18 AM  Show Profile
What a wonderful topic! I am a regular almost everywhere I go because it's a small town. I enjoy debating politics with the butcher's son, swapping veggie recipes with the produce stand owner, and catching up at Wal-Mart in the check out line. I am a member of the Friends of the Library so I know everyone by first name. The thift stores in town even know my children's name. I am so grateful that you posted this. I suddenly feel very fortunate to live in a small town!

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  07:18:54 AM  Show Profile
The fellow at the tiny Post Office I go to knows me and wonders who are all these people I send things to. We laugh!! that's about it. Oh yeah the feed store too. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  08:50:27 AM  Show Profile
Yup, for me it is the feed store. All the kids know my name and don't have to ask before looking me up in the computer. Also, Brittany at the local sonic knows my order and recognizes my truck. She is always thrown off when I have someone with me though. Gotta go to sonic on the way to the barn. I live in a big city having a place where everyone knows your name is unusual.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  08:58:50 AM  Show Profile
The feed store and our local Mom and Pop hardwear store.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  09:18:44 AM  Show Profile
The post office for me...seems that's were I go to the most lately, which is a good thing for my soap business!

"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  09:24:11 AM  Show Profile
Yep, it's the library for me, too. My sister jokes that they are soon to name a new wing of the Library after me, also the farmer's market in the summer, our new local cheese market, and all the thrift shops
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.artfire.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  09:28:50 AM  Show Profile
The co-op,the library, the local thrift shops, my vet, the pharmacy, my local favorite shopping market, my doctor... My two fovorite coffee houses and more! oh my gosh! I love living in a smallish town...I'm not just another face out there =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  09:36:56 AM  Show Profile
I have lived here in P.Hill for 36 years and everyone knows everyone and everything about them and then some!hahaha But I don't want to live anywhere else. Church would be one place I'm a regular and the pharmacy, grocery store, dollar store. Anything other that those, I need to go out of town.
Blessings, Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  10:57:35 AM  Show Profile
Cute question! Church & favorite antique shops!

Hugs!
Maryjane Lee
Farmgirl #44

http://thebeehivecottage.blogspot.com
http://sweetsassysadielee.blogspot.com
http://beehivecottage.etsy.com
http://sassysadielee.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  11:26:30 AM  Show Profile
I'm a regular at the thrift store and my favourite garden store.

Give thanks to yourself everyday for all the wonderful things you do!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  12:56:30 PM  Show Profile
I love walking in a store and everyone says "hi Kris". That's just the best thing ever. So first is the bank, then post office, Ace hardware, feed store, co-op, Dollar General. I love all these places and go all the time. At the bank they let me get away with alot because hubby's never here. So I just sign his name. Oh and the pharmacy.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  3:19:21 PM  Show Profile
Lets see.....Costco,Michaels,Lowes, used to be on the garage sale route but I quit doin that as I was collecting too much stuff-now go 2x a year out junkin.

http://www.mandolinbabe.info

http://www.mandolinbabe.net

@MandolinChick on Twitter
mando pickin & fiddle sawin' Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  6:46:13 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I forgot Hancock the fabric store. My sister and I even ran into one of the clerks at the Ren. Fest and had a long chat. If we don't show up on Sunday they all ask us if everything is ok.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  6:53:44 PM  Show Profile
walmart...lol
hugs
Jessie

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go." ~Abraham Lincoln

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  7:49:07 PM  Show Profile
Would you believe Dairy Queen? Medium strawberry cheesequake blizzard with shots of cocoa fudge. They start making it before I open my mouth!!

The trail is the thing.... Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  06:57:35 AM  Show Profile
I'm a regular at the Aladdins on Monroe Ave (it's a mediterranean restaurant). My husband and I always get the exact same thing. Actually, that reminds me that it's been almost a month since we were there...we'd better go out to eat soon or they'll forget us.

I'm becoming a regular at the Record Archive. It's a music store, but they have live shows on the weekends and our band has played there 3 or 4 times in the past year.

Oh, and don't forget the hairdresser. I've gotten my husband and sister to switch over to my place, so they see a lot of us.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  08:04:23 AM  Show Profile
I'm pretty much a regular at the little grocery/gas station at the end of our road. I usually will stop and get my regular chicken breast patty for breakfast and sometimes get my lunch for work there too. I'm always stopping to get gas or something in the evenings. If I go a few days and don't stop the workers there will ask if everything is ok.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  11:54:14 AM  Show Profile
I forgot the co-op. Another big meeting place is the cat fish resturant up the road. We don't have many places to eat outside of the Wafflehouse and fast food.

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  6:01:08 PM  Show Profile
Wow let's see, the feed store, the fabric store, the vet's office, the P.O., our little thrift store, and the bowling alley. EVERYONE at the bowling has known me since I could walk, and sometime in my childhood I inherated the name MABLE? I don't know how or why but yes I have a nickname at the bowling alley!!! LOL

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2899 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2899 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  6:21:05 PM  Show Profile
Angela..I saw on some sitcom years ago that Mable is a acronym for Mommies-Always-Bring-Extra-Love
Are you a mommy?
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  6:28:52 PM  Show Profile
I hope I could be called a regular here at MJF!!!

Other places include Publix, our grocery store, which my granddaughter calls Nana's Publix. They all say hello to me there, and I look forward to seeing them each time I go.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Mar 04 2010 05:18:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  03:39:58 AM  Show Profile
That would have to be the feed store too. I buy all our chicken feed here and the owner buys my eggs

And one of the better coffee shops is 30 miles away and we stop and get coffee first thing. I bring a huge mug that has the zoo logo on it. The workers know my order every time. I can't drink this much all in one day, the fat content is off the charts, so I take the rest home and love to sip on chilled, flavored coffee for 3 days thereafter! How's that for stretching a dollar!

Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  03:44:06 AM  Show Profile
Another good one is the vet. Not from frequent visits, thank goodness, but b/c the workers love my dog. She gets boarded there every year when we go on vacation and gets extra time in their fenced yard outside. They say she is so well behaved. (She better be!) :) So they all know us by sight and give Jaz extra lovins' whenever we are there for exams and to drop her off.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Are you a "regular"? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page