Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Getting MRI Monday morning...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Getting MRI Monday morning... Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2010 :  9:23:33 PM  Show Profile
....and I'm a little nervous. I've had one before and I'm not claustrophobic but I don't like being still in that small a space for a long time. I have to get one because of my knee--the x-rays didn't show anything wrong but sometimes it hurts so bad I can barely walk on it. I think it's probably a torn ligament. Sometimes it even hurts when I'm driving. Anyway the MRI should show what's wrong--just hope it's nothing that requires me to be off work for any significant length of time. I have to be at the hospital at six AM--I probably won't sleep tonight since I feel nervous and slept late today. I'm supposed to go back to the dr. on Thursday so I won't know anything till then. If ya'll could be sending me positive thoughts.....
Thanks!
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  05:18:19 AM  Show Profile
Good luck, my dear and my thoughts are with you. I hope that everything turns out ok. Let us know how it went, ok?

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.wakeupstartlearning.blogspot.com
www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  05:27:56 AM  Show Profile
Ouchie! poor knee! I hope it goes well for you and that you get a fix it .I'll be sending lots of healing thoughts your way...let us know how things go
I'll be thinking of you =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  06:37:17 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, I hope you got through the MRI ok this morning. I just saw this. Sorry. But I will pray there is nothing serious and they can get it fixed for you soon. Let us know how it went.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  5:33:44 PM  Show Profile
Well....I got a copy of the results of my MRI and it says something about "chondromalacia patella" which i found out is a softening/deterioration of the cartilage under the patella (kneecap). It also says something about osteoarthritis. the recommended treatment is a combination of rest/physical therapy. I'll see my doctor on Thursday and ask him if I can possibly get some time off from work. I'm on my feet almost eight hours a day and the hospital floors are hard concrete under the flooring. Plus I do a lot of lifting and pushing carts around, which I never realized until recently, uses your leg muscles as well as your upper body. In bad cases of this condition, surgery may be required (though I hope to avoid that at all costs). So I guess this is one of the hazards of getting old ;) Maybe they can find a desk job for me. I've taken basic keyboarding and medical terminology. I just hate to think of taking time off from work--the job market is so competitive right now and employers aren't very understanding. Thanks for sending me good thoughts. The MRI wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. This farmgirl may be down but she ain't out

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  5:38:57 PM  Show Profile
I get a little antsy with all the noise, etc. However, the claustrophobia can be a problem too. I tried putting a cloth over my eyes and just dreaming away and it also went much faster. I hope they find something because it is better than not knowing what is wrong.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Getting MRI Monday morning... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page